They need to cut the **** with spotlights after goals

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Just noticed after Tarasenko almost scored, the Blues arena flashed a spotlight on him while the play was still going

This happens very often when nobody actually scores, and I can imagine it would be extremely distracting to players, and could seriously **** up the play, especially considering the false lights happen in situations were a goal is very close to happening

They need to either completely get rid of them, or change the technology so they can not be signaled until the goal light is on. For the record, I think they look hella cool, and am not a traditionalist in the slightest. But it is very unprofessional to have lights randomly flashing on players while they are playing

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
They even flash the lights on the goalies after a save. It is not just for goals.

Non-issue.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I see your point, I think at the very least what they should do is just wait at least 3 seconds to make sure it is a goal. Then when the player is celebrating, they can do whatever they want.

But yeah, flashing it the moment they think the puck goes in doesn't make a ton of sense.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
I think it's pretty lame to begin with. Much like the strobe light on an opposing player in the penalty box.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Even worse are the LED ribbon boards, that you can see change colors reflecting off the ice.

I do know that they are distracting to basketball players.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I remember there was one goal scored on the Lightning where the horn and spotlight went off but the shot hit the post and went out, Bishop stopped playing and then they actually scored. Never would've happened without that premature nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad