They need to be beat, and beat big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOGLIATTI

Apr 23, 2004
MI
Did Ovechkin, Malkin and the Russians go too far in their behavior?

This is actually what some folks on this board are asking. Like it should even be a question. It was really poor sportsmanship the part of the Russians. Why is it that the new crop of young Russians that have come up (but, apparently, not grown up) over the past few years are so much into this kind of thing? None of the older Russains that I can think of ever did this kind of thing. Larionov, Fetisov, Zhamnov? Even Fedorov, whatever he is off the ice, shows sportsmanship on the ice. For the number one draft pick, Ovechkin sure has a lot of growing up to do. Whats up with the fashion-statement visor??? And really, is and empty netter something to taunt the fans and US bench over???

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
as a high school athlete I remember players taunting our rivals and vice-versa -- it was OK for me then in a small town, non-significant sport.

So for this kids, aged the same as I was then, on a World Stage -- sure thet them have their fun.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Nah, taughting is fun only for one side. Its not like a high school game. But sure let them taught..when some of the US players meet up with Ovochicken in the NHL when there 40 pounds stronger they will kick the living **** outta him. IM praying he does that in an NHL game.

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
FLYLine4LIFE said:
IM praying he does that in an NHL game.
Sometimes when I think of Darcy Tucker I think of this picture I saw of him once where he seriously looked like a serial killer lol, his eyes were just all crazy. Anyway, when I read your comment all I pictured was AO doing his showboating and those crazy eyes of Tucker bugging out of his head as he goes after him. It's really only funny to me because that picture cracks me up, but yeah if he does it I'm sure someone will take it upon themselves to take care of it.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Nah, taughting is fun only for one side. Its not like a high school game. But sure let them taught..when some of the US players meet up with Ovochicken in the NHL when there 40 pounds stronger they will kick the living **** outta him. IM praying he does that in an NHL game.

Sometimes I scratch my head when the same people against taunting say stuff like "hockey and its fans have more class than any other sport".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->