These players compare to who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Reveille said:
Wolski doesn't have half the defensive awareness that Satan does.

Not that I know, but Satan probably didn't at that point either. Just a guess anyway.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
leclairsavestheday said:
Wheeler has Lindros-like potential.
Uhh, no.

You're underestimating how great Lindros was early in his career.

He single handedly carried his team on his back often.

He single handedly got John Leclair that absurd contract.

He could pound even heavyweights into the ice.

Wheeler wont be taught in a system that will breed Lindros type players.

leclairsavestheday

Mar 2, 2003
PA
Visit site
Moskau said:
Uhh, no.

You're underestimating how great Lindros was early in his career.

He single handedly carried his team on his back often.

He single handedly got John Leclair that absurd contract.

He could pound even heavyweights into the ice.

Wheeler wont be taught in a system that will breed Lindros type players.

I didn't mean Hart-candidate Lindros. I meant late nineties Lindros. Wheeler will be a point-per-game player with over 100 PIM, and will be a guy that can anchor a line. Either what Lindros became or what Gratton was supposed to be, take your pick.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
leclairsavestheday said:
I didn't mean Hart-candidate Lindros. I meant late nineties Lindros. Wheeler will be a point-per-game player with over 100 PIM, and will be a guy that can anchor a line. Either what Lindros became or what Gratton was supposed to be, take your pick.

Easy buddy- "will" is extremely strong words for a guy that was the biggest reach in years.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
leclairsavestheday said:
You really think he will have 100 + PIM?

Vipers

May 17, 2002
Visit site
leclairsavestheday said:

Next year...

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
HiggsFan said:
Would Viktor Kozlov be a good comparision for Wheeler?

Wheeler seems to have more offensive upside. Not too firmiliar with Kozlov as an 18 year old, but it would seem at this point that he is more of a setup guy as a center...Wheeler seems to be more of a finisher than a setup guy.

If they reach their potential... hit their ceilings...I think

Wheeler....Daze
Wolski....Hejduk
Chipchura....Scatchard, with much better all around skills, especially leadership and defense. But size, role, production wise... similar. OR Konowalchuck with less offense. Hard to compare a guy like Chip, he's one of those guys that will either be a rare, valuable part of a team, or a nobody.
Radulov....Mogilny is fine, but I don't think he will have near the success. Any light, non-physical russian forward...who of course can score. Take your pick.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
nyr7andcounting said:
Wheeler seems to have more offensive upside. Not too firmiliar with Kozlov as an 18 year old, but it would seem at this point that he is more of a setup guy as a center...Wheeler seems to be more of a finisher than a setup guy.

If they reach their potential... hit their ceilings...I think

Wheeler....Daze
Wolski....Hejduk
Chipchura....Scatchard, with much better all around skills, especially leadership and defense. But size, role, production wise... similar. OR Konowalchuck with less offense. Hard to compare a guy like Chip, he's one of those guys that will either be a rare, valuable part of a team, or a nobody.
Radulov....Mogilny is fine, but I don't think he will have near the success. Any light, non-physical russian forward...who of course can score. Take your pick.

i don't think wolski is anything like, or ever will be anything like hejduk.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
I like the Lindros comparison to Wheeler. He is less physical and if he stays healthy he will not be the greatest player ever like Lindros could have been. But both are big, good skaters with great hands. It will easier to find a comparison once Wheeler plays with guys at his own talent level.

Stafford. Reminds me of Keith Tkachuk. Again big, good on thier skates, good hands. Stafford will probally hit as much but i think in the NHL he would fight a lot less. Right now Stafford is an inch shorter and about 10 pds lighter. Once he fills out they should be the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad