These Guys are Idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
What the hell are they doing in these hours of meetings? They can't even agree if the triggers were negotiable or whether the owners offered to play off of the players' proposal?

Daly says that the trigger points were negotiable; Saskin says Bettman said otherwise.

Saskin said the owners didn't include the revenue sharing aspect from the players' December 9th proposal in yesterday's concepts; Daly says otherwise.

Pejorative Slurs.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
I was just about to write a post on how I started off pro-owner, and am currently pro noone.

This stinks.

Both sides stink.

Bleh.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Jobu said:
What the hell are they doing in these hours of meetings? They can't even agree if the triggers were negotiable or whether the owners offered to play off of the players' proposal?

Daly says that the trigger points were negotiable; Saskin says Bettman said otherwise.

Saskin said the owners didn't include the revenue sharing aspect from the players' December 9th proposal in yesterday's concepts; Daly says otherwise.

Pejorative Slurs.

Finally, something we agree on.

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
someone should cane their hides or at the very least get egged, they took my favorite sport and killed it.. :p:

Pitchers & Catchers can't get to Spring trainging soon enough

GreenBud

Feb 2, 2005
Vancouver
ubongs.blogspot.com
No kidding. All along I have held out hope that this would be settled. They couldn't be that stupid could they? Never. Well here we are on the eve of cancellation and the two sides are still posturing and fighting in the media. I guess they really are that stupid. Unbelievable, isn't it?

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
This makes hockey an even bigger embarassment... If you see the Superbowl, and then switch to this mess, you can see that the two don't belong in the same ballpark.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if both of these guys know that if the season is canceled their carreers are likely over.

SedinFan*

If I were Yzerman, Messier and a bunch of the other old farts about to retire in the league, I'd be one pissed off human being right now.

As a fan, I am equally pissed off, annoyed, and everything else that irrates someone.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
I wonder if both of these guys know that if the season is canceled their carreers are likely over.

Barring a complete cave in the next few days by one side or the other, I'd say both are out of their current jobs by this time next year.

That said, I doubt either stays unemployed for long.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
oil slick said:
I was just about to write a post on how I started off pro-owner, and am currently pro noone.

This stinks.

Both sides stink.

Bleh.
I started off pro-owner and remain pro-owner but I have definately slid alot closer to neutral. Not because I agree with the players at all but because I simply can't condone much of what the owners are up to. They are being way too hardheaded.

Reilly311

go kim johnsson said:

not really, Gary is doing what the owners what and Bob is doing what the players want.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Reilly311 said:
not really, Gary is doing what the owners what and Bob is doing what the players want.

Owners: "Gary, we want to **** the future of professional hockey."

Players: "We heard the league wants to *** the future of professional hockey. Bob, we'd like you to do it first."
:mad:

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Double-Shift Lassés said:
Owners: "Gary, we want to **** the future of professional hockey."

Players: "We heard the league wants to *** the future of professional hockey. Bob, we'd like you to do it first."
:mad:

lol good one lol

sad but makes me laugh.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
These sides are idiots, and there just isn't any way to get around it unfortunately. All the PR and rhetoric they send out is just useless banter and it makes you wonder if they spend these meetings actually discussing anything or just lobbing insults at each other. Saying things like "no further proposals will be put forward" or "no further meetings are scheduled" when they've already cost us 3/4 of the season is absolutely ridiculous.

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
i just saw a clip of ryan smyth and wade redden on TSN.ca and they seemed like decent guys-i find it hard to believe that the PA arn't using guys like this in their PR instead of the attack dogs they've been sending out. first time i've felt a little sympathy for the players but it will pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad