These guiys SHOULD be in your mocks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Sergei Ogorodnikov, Roman Voloshenko, Alex Radulov, Alex (Y)emelin.

The World U18's should confirm these guys' status as top 15 (OK for Yemelin, top 30) picks for 2004. Some of you already know Radulov due to Redline having him at #3...
...but you can bet your homestead that these guys will be the late risers on all the big lists (THN, McKeen's, CSB, Redline) and you'll be planting them in your Mock drafts' top dozen soon.

Remember - you heard it here first from steblick.

thestonedkoala

Problem is Steblick there is a ton of good players in front of them. I see Voloshenko and Radulov between 12-30...

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
steblick said:
Sergei Ogorodnikov, Roman Voloshenko, Alex Radulov, Alex (Y)emelin.

The World U18's should confirm these guys' status as top 15 (OK for Yemelin, top 30) picks for 2004. Some of you already know Radulov due to Redline having him at #3...
...but you can bet your homestead that these guys will be the late risers on all the big lists (THN, McKeen's, CSB, Redline) and you'll be planting them in your Mock drafts' top dozen soon.

Remember - you heard it here first from steblick.
So I see you looked who scored the goals for Russia today against a weak opponent......wait till they play a good team.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
If these guys are even talented enough to go top 15, they won't. The Russian Hockey officials have people scared out of their wits with this new bump in the road as far as them not being willing to sign off on the ability for their players to come over. Radulov is the only one that has a shot, in my opinion. The rest are probably early to mid 2nd Rounders.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Caniacforever said:
If these guys are even talented enough to go top 15, they won't. The Russian Hockey officials have people scared out of their wits with this new bump in the road as far as them not being willing to sign off on the ability for their players to come over. Radulov is the only one that has a shot, in my opinion. The rest are probably early to mid 2nd Rounders.

Take it with a grain of salt. The russian officials have been trying for years, unsuccessfully, to get the NHL clubs to pay a heavier transfer fee/whatever you wanta call it. This is just a 'powerplay' so to speak with their leverage. It'll get worked out, and yes maybe some teams will avoid a russian player if they feel a NA prospect is of equal value, but overall i think it's mostly smoke.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I only hope they drop because of it . . . on the Pen's board they are already dreaming of a drop to the first pick in the second round of Radulov . . . and imagining a Malkin, Anshakov and Radulov line. Now that could be something.

Actually we have 2 second rounders I think, #31 and #54 . . . could see us trading both for say pick 20 if Radulov is available and picking him.

Last edited:

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
So I see you looked who scored the goals for Russia today against a weak opponent......wait till they play a good team.

Nope. They've been on the rise all year- getting better with each tournament. But with all the focos on Malkin, many draftniks had them too low. Also draftniks seem to rate Lisin high in most mock drafts but on the Russian depth charts he is lower than Radulov, Ogorodnikov and Voloshenko.

The reason they'll be "coming out" in this tournamrnt (although they did well at the Feb. 5 Nations too) is because Russia has made them 1st/2nd line priority players. In short- their progress over the course of the year has made them hot commodities.

Just wait and see.

Hoot

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That's good. The more talent the merrier. So what is the scouting report on Ogorodnikov, Voloshenko and Yemelin?

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Hoot said:
That's good. The more talent the merrier. So what is the scouting report on Ogorodnikov, Voloshenko and Yemelin?

Ogorodnikov is almost a Russian stereotype- quick feet, quick hands, flashy, reads his teammates well- lacks defensive sense still, needs bulk.

Voloshenko is a finisher, not a classic Russian sweet skater but is a real smart opportunist. Very accurate, quick shot. Plays well in traffic too.

Yemelin is a personal favourite- smart, smart, smart. Reminds me of Grebeshkov, not big but makes great reads. The Russian U18s will probably be using him in the last minutes, against other teams' top lines etc. The best thing is he's really coming on and he seems to rise up against better competition.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Bluenote13 said:
Take it with a grain of salt. The russian officials have been trying for years, unsuccessfully, to get the NHL clubs to pay a heavier transfer fee/whatever you wanta call it. This is just a 'powerplay' so to speak with their leverage. It'll get worked out, and yes maybe some teams will avoid a russian player if they feel a NA prospect is of equal value, but overall i think it's mostly smoke.

Interesting... I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that it's virtually impossible to get any kind of decent statistical info on Russian players -- Superleague, junior, or otherwaise -- in anything but Cyrillic (which might as well be Martian to the average North American) on any free website.

I mean, hell, the Czechs and Finns have great wesbites where you can pick up all kinds of stuff on their Elite League players as well as the juniors. It helps if you know Czech or Finnish, but at least you can make good inferences from the stats.

The Swedes and Slovaks even have most of their sites in English, for cryin' out loud. :bow:

But the Russians? Nada. Unless you break down and spend thirty-five bucks (or whatever it is) for the Russian Prospects info... and that still doesn't tell you squat about the Superleague. Russian Hockey Insider used to be good, but it's no longer running.

Why do they have to treat informaion about their players like it's some kind of state secret? It's really frustrating to those of us who don't have the "official" connections, and who aren't willing to spend money for info that every other major hockey-playing nation provides for free. :banghead:

PrussianBlue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->