Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Alexander Barabanov to 1 year ELC

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Alexander Barabanov, RW, 26 (KHL)
Barabanov’s stats were unspectacular with SKA St. Petersburg this season, but there’s still a lot to like about his game. Barabanov had 46 points in the KHL last season and has been a jack of all trades for Russia in international play the past few years, so it’s understandable why teams have taken an interest in bringing him over. Barabanov was linked to the Toronto Maple Leafs and Arizona Coyotes earlier this season with others also believed to be in the running, so expect him to move over to the NHL next season and fight for a spot on a team that needs extra speed and two-way reliability.

Ten European free agents who could land NHL deals this summer - TheHockeyNews

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
At best he is a 4th liner if we let go of a number of other players. I do not really see the fit otherwise, and even then it is probably not a great fit.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Reminds me of Leo Komarov. He seems to strongly built. Skating looks a bit average despite what they're saying. Seems to play intelligently. Good enough for their national team. Should we really sneer at this potential signing?

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011

A small but very fast forward apparently. Kyle loves these mid 20's KHL players doesn't he?

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Cool. Sounds like Trevor Moore with better dangles.
I love the Euro UFA market; add some more please.
Lots of interesting names on that list. Okulov conspicuous by his absence.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seems like he’s more of a two-way player, so just looking at his stat line won’t tell us much.

Worth a flyer.

Sep 18, 2009
Lol! 3rd post......

I salute the consistency of some folks to not look beyond height.

Purely an AHL signing right now but you know, everyone has to be 6'2 and 200 points to be any good or any use....

Name a small player who is actually good?
I will wait

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Free wallet who can compete for a bottom of the roster spot.

Worse case he can fill a role as a high end AHLer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad