GDT: There's a game at 7 pm vs Vancouver... something something

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
We're bringing back the same team next season. They'll take one more stab at it with Sutter full time in what should be a weaker Pacific division compared to the Canadian.. if that's even possible. In the mean time we'll f up our draft position this year and let Van get a better shot to draft higher.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
We're bringing back the same team next season. They'll take one more stab at it with Sutter full time in what should be a weaker Pacific division compared to the Canadian.. if that's even possible. In the mean time we'll f up our draft position this year and let Van get a better shot to draft higher.
Not that I am hoping for this in any way whatsoever... but yeah, it could be. Vegas and Edmonton are the only surefire playoff teams in the Pacific. All 3 California teams should still be weak. Vancouver is a mess. Seattle is a huge question mark. I could easily see the Flames thinking that the #3 spot in the Pacific is up for grabs with a few tweaks.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I agree what a bunch of losers those penguins and Blackhawks are.... Garbage organizations.....

Yeah, who’d ever want to be like those losers in Tampa, Florida, Colorado, Washington, Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA, Toronto or even Edmonton.

If I’ve learned anything about being a winner, the best thing you can do is draft between 6-16 as often as humanly possible, build from the wings inwards, and once you have a sure commodity, regardless of upside or ability, you play that man in all situations.

Reactions: AyyLmao

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Watched the highlights for this and Vancouver looked like they were out for an early preseason stroll. There's zero excuse not to sit most of the vets for the last 3 games. They should know by now whether or not Nordstrom, Ritchie, Nesterov, Gio, Stone have a future with this organization

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Watched the highlights for this and Vancouver looked like they were out for an early preseason stroll. There's zero excuse not to sit most of the vets for the last 3 games. They should know by now whether or not Nordstrom, Ritchie, Nesterov, Gio, Stone have a future with this organization
It's called integrity

Reactions: Villella McMeans

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It's called integrity
Where's the integrity in hitching our ride to a bunch of strangers that weren't here last season? It is definitely the Flames way though.

And if this team is serious about change, then the vets should be rotated out for the last 3 games because everyone's seen enough by now

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Not that I am hoping for this in any way whatsoever... but yeah, it could be. Vegas and Edmonton are the only surefire playoff teams in the Pacific. All 3 California teams should still be weak. Vancouver is a mess. Seattle is a huge question mark. I could easily see the Flames thinking that the #3 spot in the Pacific is up for grabs with a few tweaks.

Yup. If we can't make the playoffs next year in the Pacific.. that is the sure fire sign that we need to drop a nuke on this team. I just don't see Seattle pulling a Vegas either, but you never know.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Yup. If we can't make the playoffs next year in the Pacific.. that is the sure fire sign that we need to drop a nuke on this team. I just don't see Seattle pulling a Vegas either, but you never know.
Lol do we really need to wait for that?

3 failures are not enough?

I mean Colorado kicked our butt, we beat a short handed team then quit when it counted against Dallas, this year we can’t even take a last spot even when Montreal refused to claim it

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary

I mean Colorado kicked our butt, we beat a short handed team then quit when it counted against Dallas, this year we can’t even take a last spot even when Montreal refused to claim it

I totally agree, but I think ownership probably wants to give Sutter a full season and some tweaks to see if he can push this team over the hump. Any sensible fan knows by this point though that this won't happen and we have way too many flaws lol.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I might blow my brains out if we go into next season with no big changes on the player front. I don't see the point of going through another round of endless speculation about poor work ethic and awful leadership on the team while ignoring the elephants in the room.

We're at the point where it's addition by subtraction with some of these guys. Take what you can get and move on already to change the culture. The perfect time to cash in on value was after the Avs series and that's further and further out of the rearview mirror now

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I might blow my brains out if we go into next season with no big changes on the player front. I don't see the point of going through another round of endless speculation about poor work ethic and awful leadership on the team while ignoring the elephants in the room.

We're at the point where it's addition by subtraction with some of these guys. Take what you can get and move on already to change the culture. The perfect time to cash in on value was after the Avs series and that's further and further out of the rearview mirror now

I think they give it one more chance next year. Unfortunately I'm guessing we're scrambling to trade Gaudreau at the TDL next year and Tkachuk in the offseason for scraps. At that point we won't even have to blatantly tank as we'll be bad enough to do it anyways.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think they give it one more chance next year. Unfortunately I'm guessing we're scrambling to trade Gaudreau at the TDL next year and Tkachuk in the offseason for scraps. At that point we won't even have to blatantly tank as we'll be bad enough to do it anyways.

Silver linings lol.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

How many fails did we give Iggy’s teams before they literally had their hands tied.

This team would rather sneak into the playoffs and get blown out instead of a couple bad years to recoup some top talent.

2022 and 2023 are potentially the best two years to tank since 2013 and 2015.

Villella McMeans

Using the Force...
May 3, 2021
Chinatown
Where's the integrity in hitching our ride to a bunch of strangers that weren't here last season? It is definitely the Flames way though.

And if this team is serious about change, then the vets should be rotated out for the last 3 games because everyone's seen enough by now

I remember in 2015 when ARZ and BUF were blatantly competing for last place, fans in EDM were complaining that EDM wasn't losing on purpose like the others, of course they still ending winning the lottery and got McJesus anyways - hockey gods or not.

I don't like that every league rewards losing with benefits like higher draft picks etc, I don't like salary caps, I don't like alot a things...and I can't bring myself to hope Calgary loses even if it helps us with higher draft picks...

Reactions: Lunatik

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I remember in 2015 when ARZ and BUF were blatantly competing for last place, fans in EDM were complaining that EDM wasn't losing on purpose like the others, of course they still ending winning the lottery and got McJesus anyways - hockey gods or not.

I don't like that every league rewards losing with benefits like higher draft picks etc, I don't like salary caps, I don't like alot a things...and I can't bring myself to hope Calgary loses even if it helps us with higher draft picks...
Just because the vets go out doesn't mean we're throwing games. We were already a sub .500 team with them in the line-up. They've had their chance to impress and most of them made of a mess of it over a period of months. They can set their pride aside and view the game from upstairs while we see what we have with some of the younger guys

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Seasons over better continue to play our goalie into the ground thankfully he has no history with injuries. Can't wait to see what these young guys Nordstrom, Ritchie, Ryan can bring to the team.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Seasons over better continue to play our goalie into the ground thankfully he has no history with injuries. Can't wait to see what these young guys Nordstrom, Ritchie, Ryan can bring to the team.
Play our goalie into the ground? He's played 3 games in 14 days.... stop trying to manufacture bullshit to cry about

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Play our goalie into the ground? He's played 3 games in 14 days.... stop trying to manufacture bullshit to cry about

He’s missed time this year with injury and does have injury history, there’s zero reason to continue to play him. That’s Hud’s point... stop trying to pick fights with everyone on this forum like some kind of pissy tween.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
It's about integrity bruh

upload_2021-5-15_12-6-54.gif

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Having integrity in trying to win also doesn't involve playing Ritchie, Nordstrom, Nesterov, etc. It really feels like the opposite where they are directly hurting young talent by not playing them. The aforementioned guys have had 40+ games to show what they can do. Sure, they are fighting for a new contract but so are Mackey, Kylington, Simon, and Gawdin, and Phillips, Ruzicka, and Valimaki are all fighting to show they belong as regulars/belong in the NHL at all.

Markstrom playing is meh. He's injury prone but he's been hot and probably wants to work through things in game while he can, but again, Domingue has had zero opportunity to earn another contract and a previously injured goalie is going to be run for... some reason.

The lines they practiced with today aren't ideal, they are at least playing new faces in Simon and Ruzicka and sitting Nordstrom and Nesterov. Unfortunately Kylington is also sitting (Stone has had played well but this is where showing faith in players and letting them show what they can do is more integrity than running the same guy out there with no need for winning). At least the new lineup is something that could be a sign of change for future.

Also, wanting to lose is alright, and the "winning-culture" under other coaches has been questionable, but if Sutter is a genuine long-term option winning 2-3 extra games isn't the end of the world if it turns into results next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad