GDT: There's a game at 7 pm vs Vancouver... something something

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019

On the one hand, good, play the kids. But also, we have 4 games left, Sutter. There's no reason to delay playing them...

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
This organization is a joke.

Sign the top collegiate free agent last season? play him just three games all year despite being NHL ready, and sit him when there is absolutely nothing on the line. Yeah.. great way to attract guys in the future.
Top prospect in the organization who has struggled to acclimate to the NHL game? Sit him when there is nothing on the line.
21 year old who is the organizations AHL leading scorer looking to get his feet wet in the NHL? Sit him in favor of veterans who contributed nothing all season and will not be returning.
Continue to play Markstrom despite having started every game since trading Rittich, and having a chance to better your draft odds with a loss?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
This organization is a joke.

Sign the top collegiate free agent last season? play him just three games all year despite being NHL ready, and sit him when there is absolutely nothing on the line. Yeah.. great way to attract guys in the future.
Top prospect in the organization who has struggled to acclimate to the NHL game? Sit him when there is nothing on the line.
21 year old who is the organizations AHL leading scorer looking to get his feet wet in the NHL? Sit him in favor of veterans who contributed nothing all season and will not be returning.
Continue to play Markstrom despite having started every game since trading Rittich, and having a chance to better your draft odds with a loss?

Perfect case of "be careful what you wish for". Absolutely knew this would happen and no one wanted to hear it. The next 2 years are going to be painful.

Reactions: AyyLmao

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
go figure 3 forwards, 2 dmen and the goalie should all be sitting tonight to let some kids play but sure lets play our 5 vet league min guys Nordstrom, Leivo, Ritchie, Nesterov, Stone ...they should play Simon too just to get them all playing

as for Markstrom there is no benefit to him playing even if he wants to the risk of injury far outways anything else

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I wonder what this team's plan is. Feels like all the staff with sizeable influence embody that It's Always Sunny pic of Charlie Day with all the bulletin boards

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I'm not going to say that the Flames should throw the kids into the lineup if they're not ready, but man, they really should be giving Markstrom a night or four off.

Still there's an opportunity here that is incredibly unique because most/all of their prospects would be available for a call up, and would let the Flames evaluate their younger talent at this level. That's a Treliving call, no?

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Joakim Nordstrom in the top 6. This f***ing hockey team man

30892636f055bbf4a84bed6fd3d23bb3.gif

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Pretty excited to get this season done and a step closer to the off season. I do have a gut feeling we see close to the same team next year, as they will say they want to see where it goes under Sutter for a full season... maybe blow it up at the deadline next year if we are failing.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Sutter is starting to remind me of one Kenneth Hitchcock.

The old dinosaur waltzed into Edmonton blowing hot air "I know what's wrong and I'm going to fix it" then coached the team to a stellar 26 wins & 36 losses record and was promptly dismissed.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not going to say that the Flames should throw the kids into the lineup if they're not ready, but man, they really should be giving Markstrom a night or four off.

Still there's an opportunity here that is incredibly unique because most/all of their prospects would be available for a call up, and would let the Flames evaluate their younger talent at this level. That's a Treliving call, no?
We've had 1 game in the last 7 days. Markstro is going to want to play

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
I'm on day shift. Wake up time is 3:45 est. I'm heading to bed, so I'm missing this one.
Goodnight everyone, have a great night. Don't worry about this team and the last 4 games. If they win don't fret over it, it'll do you no good.
Tomorrow is Friday, woohoo. Cheers gang.

Reactions: flames23

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Missed the first 3 minutes, turn it and and we're losing, das gut. 2 seconds later we score, das nicht gut.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad