there are so many seats for tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I guess all the Brooklyn Isles fans don't want to make the trek all the way to Nassau.

Understandable.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
it really is pitiful....i goto like 15-20 games a season and i live in manhattan....in addiiton i will goto the games in MSG and prudential...

at least scrape up the tixx on stubhub for 8 dollars and that will drive up the box office sales as welll....

money cant be the issue, just dont buy beer inside the game if its...im actually thinking about going tonight because its so cheap but i have to be smart about work

edit: i completely understand there are other reasons people dont want to go (i.e. hate for wang, family, etc.) but there shouldnt be this many empty seats in the beginning of the season when there is promise

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Attendance will be dismal as usual until they win regularly and create some buzz. It's crucial for them to have a fast start.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
all kidding aside -- Isles had a great vibe on Sat for the opener. Sellout -- or close to it.. noisy -- no kids filling the seats... a lot of life...

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Apparently. Ask Butch/Howie, they described it in detail on Friday's opening game telecast. You must think this year's team is like 3 years ago if you think there's no noticeable difference.

I'm not going to listen to Butch and Howie to tell me how to feel about this team. They are PAID to talk well of the Isles.

Ill let you know when there is a good buzz on this team. Isles play half a good season last year , get into the playoffs, lose in 6. That does NOT a good buzz make.

If they continue to play that well into this year, then there could be a buzz. Till then? We see if Jekyll or Hyde wants to show up...

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Doesn't matter where you play. If you win, fans will show.

It is that simple.

I guess the Mets should move to (insert place here), because even with there brand new stadium they still can't draw. It's all about winning.

I'm pretty sure in Brooklyn fans won't pay top dollar for a losing franchise as well. We shall see. Remember, they won't be giving the seats away for 9$.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I'm not going to listen to Butch and Howie to tell me how to feel about this team. They are PAID to talk well of the Isles.

Ill let you know when there is a good buzz on this team. Isles play half a good season last year , get into the playoffs, lose in 6. That does NOT a good buzz make.

If they continue to play that well into this year, then there could be a buzz. Till then? We see if Jekyll or Hyde wants to show up...

You can honestly admit that you don't feel any different about the Islanders as a team with a chance this year compared to each of the last 10 years?

We had a good run last year. Deep prospect pool with people knocking on the door. Our superstar was a Hart runner-up. We have a good offense, a very fast team, difficult to play against.

If you think this is the same feeling going into a season as it was after finishing with consecutive lottery finishes, then you can't be helped. This team is at least average at this point, which is worlds better than it was going into previous seasons. Progress is progress. It's not 0 to 60 in a Ferrari. Are there things to complain about? Of course. This isn't choose one of two extremes -- happy or sad. There are degrees in the middle.

I guess you'll only be happy when they raise the banner, too bad it will be in Brooklyn.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
You can honestly admit that you don't feel any different about the Islanders as a team with a chance this year compared to each of the last 10 years?

Agreed-- there are highs and lows -- and we do appear to be in a better place now, than 3 years ago. But we have seen this before (or at least I have --not sure how many years everyone has been watching this team).. where we think we have something and it all goes to pot.

I guess my phrase is that "I'm cautiously optimistic".

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Agreed-- there are highs and lows -- and we do appear to be in a better place now, than 3 years ago. But we have seen this before (or at least I have --not sure how many years everyone has been watching this team).. where we think we have something and it all goes to pot.

I guess my phrase is that "I'm cautiously optimistic".

Oh I definitely agree. This team has shaved enough years off my liver already. :)

I do believe with all the news coming out of NYI over the past year (Tavares, Dipietro, playoffs, Brooklyn, etc.), I'm not surprised (and 100% believe) Howie Rose heard a lot of "Let's Go Islanders" sentiments during Mets games.

But yes, I'm cautiously optimistic as well. Things LOOK good, but we will see. I mean heck, I'm happy that we are above mediocre. If that doesn't say something about being rock bottom and only being able to go up, well nothing does haha.

I wish I could go to a game for this cheap though. Kinda bums me out... :/

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
if anyone can give me a ride from the nyc area id go haha...just dont feel like paying 15 round trip plus 12 bucks each way ina cab.....

dx3711

Mar 25, 2009
New York
Ya know...I always call the islanders and tell them whats on stubhub and they have always met the price or done me better....I just called and the guy was kind of a dick...."We don't alter our prices, Regardless of what is on the internet"

Since when? I guess they rather my money go to another person instead of to them when they have tons of tickets they are gonna just eat? and have an empty arena.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I guess all the Brooklyn Isles fans don't want to make the trek all the way to Nassau.

Understandable.

So at least 16K Nassau Isles fans will surely flood the place right? I mean it's still in their own backyard. :shakehead

Bert Marshall days

Oct 31, 2006

Come on, there are non paid people who have noticed a difference too. All us diehards are cautiously optimistic but you're going overboard IMO. You're kind of proving my point about fans not caring much...in your case until they win all the time into the year to create a buzz. And you're a diehard so that shows what average people think. Nobody cares. OK maybe a few diehards care but often not enough to attend and not much else. At those discounted ticket prices for people not to go is embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->