Theory Behind Losing Weight

2x4*

Okay, on my treadmill it gives me Calories and Fat Calories.
When they say 1000 calroies to a pound... which do they mean?
I am hoping they mean just Calories , because they burn quicker than fat cals!

QBOSS

Dec 10, 2004
FYI.

1 gm of fat = 9 kcal (aka calories)
1 gm of carbohydrate = 4 kcal
1 gm of protein = 4 kcal

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Okay, on my treadmill it gives me Calories and Fat Calories.
When they say 1000 calroies to a pound... which do they mean?
I am hoping they mean just Calories , because they burn quicker than fat cals!

Must be some kind of calculation that if you burn 1000 "fat" calories, it is equivalent to burning off enough energy to lose a pound of fat.

I believe that 3500 calories is equilavent to one pound of fat, that is if you take in 3500 more calories than your body needs over a period of time, you should (in theory) put on a pound of fat. The inverse is also true.

Hope this helps.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
Must be some kind of calculation that if you burn 1000 "fat" calories, it is equivalent to burning off enough energy to lose a pound of fat.

I believe that 3500 calories is equilavent to one pound of fat, that is if you take in 3500 more calories than your body needs over a period of time, you should (in theory) put on a pound of fat. The inverse is also true.

Hope this helps.

Yes, its 3500 calories to the pound.

What the fat calorie counter is measuring is an estimate of the actual amount of fat your burned through exercise. However, creating a caloric deficiency by exercising and burning off 1000 calories should in theory lead you to lose approximately 1/3 a pound of weight. The theory part is that with water retention and an accompanied slow down in metabolism through a period of weight loss will cause you to lose less than you would expect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->