Thelen or Meszaros

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
I've often seen these two near each other in rankings, since im interested in only point production for hockey pools, in your opinion which will be better offensively? what kind of point projections in the long term will they have in the NHL and is there a NHL er they compare to STYLE wise (without getting into the debate of this player will never be another ???????) ..thanks in advance ...and feel free to mention AO (sarcasm) :D

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
X-SHARKIE said:
I would rather have A.J. Thelen...although Meszaros is more NHL ready.

I think that the most offensive talent is clearly Thelen. However, Meszaros is more ready and will be in a much better situation to showcase his talents. Minnesota is still way back of the pack in icing a talented lineup, where as Ottawa is oozing talent. Look what playing for the Sens has done for Chara. I believe that Thelen will be asked to do many things well, which will take him away from what he does very well, and that is put points on the board.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Meszaros is more NHL ready I ageree.. BUT Thelen Is THE one to get out of the two. I believe he's got way more offensive upside. don't get me wrong I think Meszaros is a good prospect and I'd love to have him in my farm club... but not in fron of Thelen :dunno:

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
And for Meszaros he has a crowded defense to get in he wont have top four minutes for a long time ... unless the Sens decide to trade one of their current top five df

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Bartender said:
And for Meszaros he has a crowded defense to get in he wont have top four minutes for a long time ... unless the Sens decide to trade one of their current top five df

Even if he's on the 3rd line pairing he'll still likely have one of the best RW's in the game to pass the puck too!

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Lehtonen32 said:
Even if he's on the 3rd line pairing he'll still likely have one of the best RW's in the game to pass the puck too!

I beleive that Havvlat will play LW on the first line this year. And Meszaros probably won'T play in the NHL for a year or two I think that Vauclair and Pothier still have a serious edge on him for the 6th place

YellHockey*

Bartender said:
I beleive that Havvlat will play LW on the first line this year. And Meszaros probably won'T play in the NHL for a year or two I think that Vauclair and Pothier still have a serious edge on him for the 6th place

Except that Vauclair has gone back to Switzerland, perhaps permanently.

And if Meszaros is as good as he is hyped to be, a player like Pothier won't keep him out of the Sens' lineup long-term.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
BlackRedGold said:
Except that Vauclair has gone back to Switzerland, perhaps permanently.

And if Meszaros is as good as he is hyped to be, a player like Pothier won't keep him out of the Sens' lineup long-term.

Meszaros will get a long look for a roster spot in 2005-2006, but a few injuries would likely be required for him to see time in Ottawa in 2004-2005. He definitely will not be part of the top 6 as it stands, and the Sens want him to be playing quite a bit this year. I'd have preferred to have him play in Bingo, but getting 20-some minutes in Vancouver and adapting to the North American game there isn't bad either.

I've heard Vauclair's deal is contingent on a lock-out, and Schubert is also there on the depth chart for a call-up in case on injuries. Plus, one of Simpson or Leschyshyn might be brought back for NHL press box depth as well.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Bartender said:

Vauclair and Pothier are decent depth defencemen. However, Meszaros has some serious upside and while D men take longer to learn the NHL game, he is no ordinary kid. He has been playing with men and made his national team for the World Championships. I think that he could step in as soon as this year and offer more than the above mentioned depth players. I would still hold off a year or two, simply because there is no need to rush him. The Sens D is very good and very deep, but having Meszaros affords them some space to deal. If it comes to crunch time and the Sens need to add something that may be lacking for a run in the playoffs, they could move a D man and feel secure in knowing that Meszaros can step in, and not look out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->