Thelen and Radulov's potencial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Thelen? Probably not. Franchise d-men are super rare. He could be a star though.

Radulov could be a superstar. He's got tons of scoring potential, but I see him more as a second like scorer a-la Fedotenko.

We also have to consider that only about half the guys in the first round will never have an impact at the NHL level, so judging if a guy will be a franchise player in 10 years is kinda hard. If anyone on this site could actually predict how these guys turn out, than Mike Milbury's job would be in jeapordy.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Thelen's potential is that of a Rob Blake: a number 1 defenseman who could become a captain one day. Some consider him even better than Barker.

Radulov's ceiling is as high as anyone's in this draft, outside of Ovechkin. He reminds me of a Markus Naslund type guy. I don't like the comparison to Fedotenko, as Radulov is all skill with little else. That being said, players like Radulov either turn into superstars (Naslund, Mogilny, Bure ) or bust into role players with an occasional big year (Stillman, Berezin, Briere). Radulov would be best served to be drafted by Chicago, so he could fulfill his dream of one day playing with his brother Igor in the NHL. Without something like that to work for, he may not work hard at all, which is the biggest knock on him.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
PhoPhan said:
Thelen's potential is that of a Rob Blake: a number 1 defenseman who could become a captain one day. Some consider him even better than Barker.

Radulov's ceiling is as high as anyone's in this draft, outside of Ovechkin. He reminds me of a Markus Naslund type guy. I don't like the comparison to Fedotenko, as Radulov is all skill with little else. That being said, players like Radulov either turn into superstars (Naslund, Mogilny, Bure ) or bust into role players with an occasional big year (Stillman, Berezin, Briere). Radulov would be best served to be drafted by Chicago, so he could fulfill his dream of one day playing with his brother Igor in the NHL. Without something like that to work for, he may not work hard at all, which is the biggest knock on him.

His work ethic is definitely not his biggest knock on his game. I would say his consistancy or lack of defensive play. Radulov loves to win, and loves to improve.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
PhoPhan said:

Why would you classify Briere as a bust, he lead the Sabers in points last year and has put up 3 back to back 55+ point seasons. I defiently wouldn't label him a bust or a role player.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
surixon said:
Why would you classify Briere as a bust, he lead the Sabers in points last year and has put up 3 back to back 55+ point seasons. I defiently wouldn't label him a bust or a role player.
I didn't really mean he or Stillman (or Berezin, for that matter) were busts, just that their roles are limited. Sure, Briere and Stillman both put up big numbers this year, but both need good linemates to do so, and neither is adept at the defensive game.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
I think both guys could turn out to be Franchise guys.

Thelen is so unbelievably strong and is good in both ends of the ice, especially the offensive zone. His shot is unbelievable. He could work on a few things defensively, but the upside is there.

Radulov's upside is scary. He has the talent to one day become an amazing offensive threat in the nhl. After Ovechkin and Malkin, I think Radulov is right up there skill wise. Many people underrate him because he kinda came out of nowhere this year. Redline Report doesnt have him ranked 4th for no reason, McKeens doesnt have him ranked 8th for no reason. Hes an awesome prospect with big time upside.

X-SHARKIE

I think I put out my top sixty to early, because the more I see on Radulov the more I love him. He's going to be a star in the NHL. IMO He's going to be a franchise kind of player...NHL all star.

I also think that A.J. Thelen could be a monster in the NHL. If he has another year with that kind of devolopment he made, wow. Both have Franchise potential upside....Bonafide stars... Radulov is the safer bet though, because Thelen is so young and really just had one great year.

I would also like to make it public, If I could do my top sixty over again I would take Andrej Meszaros over Smid.

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
X-SHARKIE said:
I think I put out my top sixty to early, because the more I see on Radulov the more I love him. He's going to be a star in the NHL. IMO He's going to be a franchise kind of player...NHL all star.

I also think that A.J. Thelen could be a monster in the NHL. If he has another year with that kind of devolopment he made, wow. Both have Franchise potential upside....Bonafide stars... Radulov is the safer bet though, because Thelen is so young and really just had one great year.

I would also like to make it public, If I could do my top sixty over again I would take Andrej Meszaros over Smid.

Kind of misleading when Thelen only had one year...... I think part of his appeal is being a dominating force as a 17 year old freshman, which is very rare in college hockey, especially from the defensive position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->