OT: TheAthletic.com running a special today.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Price seems reasonable. Is it worth it? Any way to get an idea of the type of articles and coverage they provide?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Price seems reasonable. Is it worth it? Any way to get an idea of the type of articles and coverage they provide?

I think it is worth it. Now, if you only follow one team from one sport and nothing else... maybe not. But I assume most people here are a Yankees/Mets fan, Jets/Giants fan, Knicks/Nets fan, or maybe an MLS/Chelsea/Man. United/ Arsenal/Real Madrid/Juventus fan.

You start by picking the teams that you are most interested in. I of course picked the Rangers as one of the teams. I get push notifications to my phone when new articles are up related to the Rangers (and general NHL articles). Carpinello is one of the Rangers writers. Some of the bigger names that write for the athletic are Sean McIndoe (Down Goes Brown), Pierre Lebrun, Scott Burnside, Craig Custance, Corey Pronman, etc.

It isn't just breaking news or prospect talk. One of the recent articles is about Ray Emery and his life.

upload_2019-2-19_12-23-32.png

Reactions: eddygee

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It's not even the price or cost for me, it' s just the whole hassle of signing up for an account, giving another company all my information to resell to 3rd parties, put a payment method on having to worry about cancelling it etc...

i can live without the athletic personally

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
It's not even the price or cost for me, it' s just the whole hassle of signing up for an account, giving another company all my information to resell to 3rd parties, put a payment method on having to worry about cancelling it etc...

i can live without the athletic personally

Use fake info and a gift card? And you can turn off recurring payments right away. First thing I did.

Just because companies request your data, doesn't mean it has to be your actual data.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I think it is worth it. Now, if you only follow one team from one sport and nothing else... maybe not. But I assume most people here are a Yankees/Mets fan, Jets/Giants fan, Knicks/Nets fan, or maybe an MLS/Chelsea/Man. United/ Arsenal/Real Madrid/Juventus fan.

You start by picking the teams that you are most interested in. I of course picked the Rangers as one of the teams. I get push notifications to my phone when new articles are up related to the Rangers (and general NHL articles). Carpinello is one of the Rangers writers. Some of the bigger names that write for the athletic are Sean McIndoe (Down Goes Brown), Pierre Lebrun, Scott Burnside, Craig Custance, Corey Pronman, etc.

It isn't just breaking news or prospect talk. One of the recent articles is about Ray Emery and his life.

View attachment 188745

Thanks. Might give it a try.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Use fake info and a gift card? And you can turn off recurring payments right away. First thing I did.

Just because companies request your data, doesn't mean it has to be your actual data.

I always use throw away email addresses and fake info when i have to sign up for something free.

again just the hassle, i don't care enough to go to the store and buy a gift card, register a zip code for it online etc. just to read some online articles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad