The Zurich Poll (place your bets)

The Zurich Accord

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I vote Swiss Cheese. It has a bunch of holes in it. While Pridham didn't write it like he wrote the CBA. We should be able to take advantage of those holes.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I'm hoping Dubas brings Tavares tonight to Switzerland just to kind of help negotiate, if Tavares can take on some added responsibilties of negotiating with Nylander, I think he deserves the captaincy

Reactions: NovaLeaf

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
This "What happened" poll needs to have an end time.

Say 24 hours from now ?

Popeye7735

Jan 4, 2018
I love Zurich - a little city with tons of charm and charisma. My company used to have an office there and I always tried to find excuses to go there at least once a year, particularly during Christmas time. It was so, so romantic.
At the time when I was there, the price of a big-mac was about twice that in Canada but then prices for public transportation and grocery seemed quite reasonable.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Not to sound like Captain Obvious but it will be very disappointing if nothing comes of this.

Dubas holds all the cards. He's not likely to budge. So stubborn Willy will have to cave.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
I voted nothing happens early today and I stand by it. We'll maybe get some insight on the direction of the negotiations, but I think this is the first skirmish.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
You would think the fact he flew all the way to Switzerland means some kind of news comes from this.

If they're still far away from any decision, a simple video conference would suffice.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I said a bridge for Willie but that might not happen for a week post meeting.

deltamachine

Mar 30, 2013
I think Dubas lays it out for Willie and strikes while the iron’s hot: ‘look, we have a couple teams knocking with offers that could help us defensively. My preference is to make you a Leaf long term but it’s gotta be at a price that is line with your peers. I need to know where you stand otherwise we need to move on.’

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
2 things i think is happening.

1) they are very close to a deal and just need to finalize it.

2) dubas meets him and tells him a deadline to sign. If no, than he gets traded.

If they werent close or something serious, why go allway in europe to meet when simple coulda done it over phone or emails.

member 300185

I love Zurich - a little city with tons of charm and charisma. My company used to have an office there and I always tried to find excuses to go there at least once a year, particularly during Christmas time. It was so, so romantic.
At the time when I was there, the price of a big-mac was about twice that in Canada but then prices for public transportation and grocery seemed quite reasonable.
Yea. I love Switzerland during Christmas time. I love Bern, and all the chalet towns that you have to take a gondola to get to.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->