The Zuccarello Appreciation Thread (Videos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
I figured out something tonight while watching him. His long name makes his jersey look like it doesn't fit him, thus making him look even more like a little kid on the ice. And to think he still only uses half his name.

asparkoflife

Nov 8, 2008
Patterson, NY
He's really surprised me. His on ice vision is something to behold. The dude see's the ice extremely well and him and Stepan have something going that could be really awesome.

GO ZUCCARELLO!!!

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
MZA is showing he's the real deal. He doesn't let himself get out-physicaled (new word?) during a game. Evident tonight when he started shoving right back when whoever it was tried starting **** with him behind the net. His give and go with Stepan was beautiful- two great passers just shredding it up.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Now how long until we can order a # 36 NYR jersey online ?.....lol

I'd buy it in a heart beat...

Mint Berry Crunch

Bring the crunch.
May 8, 2009
Long Island, NY
MZA is showing he's the real deal. He doesn't let himself get out-physicaled (new word?) during a game. Evident tonight when he started shoving right back when whoever it was tried starting **** with him behind the net. His give and go with Stepan was beautiful- two great passers just shredding it up.

I love how you won't find him backing down from anyone, he's played like that his entire time up so far. Very, very good signing and I think it's safe to say he'll be a staple on our offense for years to come if he keeps this up. :nod:

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
He's really surprised me. His on ice vision is something to behold. The dude see's the ice extremely well and him and Stepan have something going that could be really awesome.

GO ZUCCARELLO!!!

Agree. They look real good together, both with good vision of the play. And he clearly showes that he's not afraid of physical contact, love that he doesn't back away from Boyse when he pushes him after the whistle, he just push him right back.
Third goal, keep em comin Zucca!!! :yo:

Last edited:

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
The way he's been playing, there is no way he’s going down to Hartford again. Regardless of the mind-boggling injury problems this season, MZA is proving himself worthy of a place in the lineup. Without being an expert in any way, I feel he’s adjusted to the NHL level fairly quick after the call up. 8 (3+5) points in 13 games has to be considered good from a rookie call up.

It was also amazingly satisfying to see him stick up for himself last night . Not that I’m surprised, since he haven’t been afraid of physicality on the ice, but still satisfying.

One thing that worries me though is if some ******* goon decides to go after him. MZA is tough, but I don’t know about him fighting. I don’t know if there is a fair fight for MZA in the NHL?

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
The way he's been playing, there is no way he’s going down to Hartford again. Regardless of the mind-boggling injury problems this season, MZA is proving himself worthy of a place in the lineup. Without being an expert in any way, I feel he’s adjusted to the NHL level fairly quick after the call up. 8 (3+5) points in 13 games has to be considered good from a rookie call up.

It was also amazingly satisfying to see him stick up for himself last night . Not that I’m surprised, since he haven’t been afraid of physicality on the ice, but still satisfying.

One thing that worries me though is if some ******* goon decides to go after him. MZA is tough, but I don’t know about him fighting. I don’t know if there is a fair fight for MZA in the NHL?
No problem as long as he keeps his gloves on!

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm

Zuccarello vs Gionta! :yo:

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
It's cool to see that MZA is actually getting a fair bit of space in the Norwegian media too, seems like he can act as a magnet for hockey in Norway.

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
It's cool to see that MZA is actually getting a fair bit of space in the Norwegian media too, seems like he can act as a magnet for hockey in Norway.

I know :) Its great that hockey gets more attention. Everytime he picks up an assist or a goal all the large newspapers and sportssites has an article about it. Sometimes it gets a little bit biased though. Most of it's ok, but I had to chuckle/I facepalmed when one of the papers wrote a whole piece about last nights game and Zuccarello's goal, and managed to use one (!) whole sentence about Gaborik. The quite platonic: "Marian Gaborik was the man of the match with four goals and one assist".

That's norway in a banana peel for you. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about Zucca doing good, but every time we get an athlete that "makes it" we lose perspective that he or she is an automatic superstar and that the rest of the world doesn't care about anyone else. Sidney Crosby, who? We have MZA. Lance Armstrong, who? We have Thor Hushovd. Bode Miller, who? We have Aksel Lund Svindal etc. etc. Of course they might be great, but we seem to forget that the world is a bit bigger than our little duck pond.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

You never know, but Id like to see any tough-guy out there go after a 5'7 Norwegian, even if he gives that toughguy a push or two.

Nah, he ought to be pretty safe.

SKS

Jan 17, 2011
San Francisco
I know :) Its great that hockey gets more attention. Everytime he picks up an assist or a goal all the large newspapers and sportssites has an article about it. Sometimes it gets a little bit biased though. Most of it's ok, but I had to chuckle/I facepalmed when one of the papers wrote a whole piece about last nights game and Zuccarello's goal, and managed to use one (!) whole sentence about Gaborik. The quite platonic: "Marian Gaborik was the man of the match with four goals and one assist".

That's norway in a banana peel for you. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about Zucca doing good, but every time we get an athlete that "makes it" we lose perspective that he or she is an automatic superstar and that the rest of the world doesn't care about anyone else. Sidney Crosby, who? We have MZA. Lance Armstrong, who? We have Thor Hushovd. Bode Miller, who? We have Aksel Lund Svindal etc. etc. Of course they might be great, but we seem to forget that the world is a bit bigger than our little duck pond.

I definitely see your point.. but lets be fair towards Svindal, Hushovd, and Norwegian media now :) Hushovd is reigning world champ, although he can not touch Armstrongs publicity to the ankles. Svindal has been considered the worlds greatest alpine skier for nearly half a decade now, whereas Bode has been considered the worlds greatest partier for the past half decade...

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
I definitely see your point.. but lets be fair towards Svindal, Hushovd, and Norwegian media now :) Hushovd is reigning world champ, although he can not touch Armstrongs publicity to the ankles. Svindal has been considered the worlds greatest alpine skier for nearly half a decade now, whereas Bode has been considered the worlds greatest partier for the past half decade...

Hehe, yes indeed. By all means, I am acting a fool in front of the TV-screen when Hushovd is first over the finish line in TdF or when Svindal wins. I was just trying to use some examples you guys could relate to instead of some Swedish cross country-skier or a Finnish javelin thrower :)

Pucktrader

Dec 30, 2010
Beyond Hell

Yes, this little diamond is the most important man in norwegian hockey and the media coverage is so important for us hockey freaks:laugh:. Lets hope it leads to more hockey rinks and stadiums around the country.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007

That one I'm ok with. Bode Miller is a whackadoo, and Aksel Lund is a card-carrying badass.

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
remember when people were writing off zucca after his first period of his first preseason game? lol now look at him!

Ranger35

Proud of NYR
Sep 2, 2006
NV
www.hockeyarena.net
Meh, they're not similar players really... Unless you're going by height alone, which isn't very fair... That's like calling Boyle a sustainable Jessiman. :)

Now you're insulting Prucha, at least he's made it to the NHL. Not saying he's comparable to MZA, but Jessiman is nowhere near...

In other news... man I wish he could get the Aasen in there as well, that'd be a sick jersey.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Now you're insulting Prucha, at least he's made it to the NHL. Not saying he's comparable to MZA, but Jessiman is nowhere near...

In other news... man I wish he could get the Aasen in there as well, that'd be a sick jersey.

Not insulting any of the above mentioned players... I'm saying it's not accurate/fair to compare players based on height/size alone.

I was thinking about this the other night... Not the Aasen part on the jersey, but that there might not be too many people getting Zuccarello jerseys, not because of anything to do with the player, but the there's too many letters... On the players' jerseys, the longer lettering will stretch out across their back because of the shoulder pads, but to a casual fan wearing the jersey, you likely won't be able to read "Zuccarello" on the back of the jersey because of the length of the name plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad