The Zuccarello Appreciation Thread (Videos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ke11y96

Aug 2, 2005
I thought he was one of our more creative and dangerous players offensively last night. It was great seeing him go up against Hal Gill. I think he should stay up here when it is all said and done even once everyone's healthy.

Loff

Will Killye
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Zuke knocked down Wisniewski in the corner last night. Too bad MSG didn't air a replay of it... That was great. He's not afraid to hit or get hit.

Last edited:

Norwegian

Pitbull Sniper
Aug 17, 2010
Asker, Norway
Still looks good with Dubi. had a few nice passes that could have led to a goal, and should have netted one himself. Impressed me on the boards, came out with the puck nearly everytime, and kept on hitting.

What lacked was the points, but hopefully they will start to come. Got benched the last 6 min, Torts dont trust him in the defencive zone yet.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Thanks man....

Guess I'll see for myself tonight on the rerun...

Where did you see it? online? Viasat?

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Still looks good with Dubi. had a few nice passes that could have led to a goal, and should have netted one himself. Impressed me on the boards, came out with the puck nearly everytime, and kept on hitting.

What lacked was the points, but hopefully they will start to come. Got benched the last 6 min, Torts dont trust him in the defencive zone yet.

I don't think it's that Torts doesn't trust him defensively, he has been great on the backcheck. But when protecting a lead in the final minutes, the Rangers are all about blocking shots and that is harder to do when you're 5'6.

Norwegian

Pitbull Sniper
Aug 17, 2010
Asker, Norway
I don't think it's that Torts doesn't trust him defensively, he has been great on the backcheck. But when protecting a lead in the final minutes, the Rangers are all about blocking shots and that is harder to do when you're 5'6.

--
You are probably right his frame doesent cover as much and even i can see that the Rangers have better players when it comes to securing a win:) but in modo he got used in every aspect of the game, even 5-3 bp. Iguess i am just a little spoiled from that, hehe. What i liked is that before the last 7 mins he led the forwards in icetime together with Feds '(in the 3rd) and thats reassuring.

Im just worried he gets sent down for lack of scoring, hopefully his numbers will improve. He certainly helps creating offense, but that doesnt help much if it isnt showing on the boards. But as long as the team wins im happy and im sure Mats is to, hopefully Torts feels the same way:)

Pucktrader

Dec 30, 2010
Beyond Hell
--
You are probably right his frame doesent cover as much and even i can see that the Rangers have better players when it comes to securing a win:) but in modo he got used in every aspect of the game, even 5-3 bp. Iguess i am just a little spoiled from that, hehe. What i liked is that before the last 7 mins he led the forwards in icetime together with Feds '(in the 3rd) and thats reassuring.

Im just worried he gets sent down for lack of scoring, hopefully his numbers will improve. He certainly helps creating offense, but that doesnt help much if it isnt showing on the boards. But as long as the team wins im happy and im sure Mats is to, hopefully Torts feels the same way:)

He just needs to cool down a little bit more in front of the net and the goals will come..he also needs to read his teammates a little bit better and vice verca.

OlWpgJet

Oct 27, 2002
Visit site
My year to year draft that I'm in , I drafted him back on July 1 in our draft. It was one of my later picks but when I announced Mats Zucerello ASSen at the draft, I got a roar of laughter, what and who and then I said this guy could be a star, led the SEL, I got another roar of laughter so this is Really SWEET how he has done so far and within a year or two ,he will be a top player for the Rangers.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
I have to ask to experts here, but what do you guys think of his numbers so far ?

12 games, 2 goals (4 if you count the penalty shot goals) and 5 assists with a +2 overall...

Is this good? Great? ok? as expected? less than excpected?

I know the team hasn't scored a whole lot these past 12 games, so that's one explanation to the low numbers...

I think he's done fine, if his team mates had read him better and vice versa he'd be having better numbers....

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I have to ask to experts here, but what do you guys think of his numbers so far ?

12 games, 2 goals (4 if you count the penalty shot goals) and 5 assists with a +2 overall...

I know the team hasn't scored a whole lot these past 12 games, so that's one explanation to the low numbers...

I think he's done fine, if his team mates had read him better and vice versa he'd be having better numbers....
he took a few games to adjust, he seems to be getting visibly better on a weekly basis.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

He is on pace to score 50 pts.

There are around 100 players, on 30 teams, that score 50 pts or more per season.

So, on 20 teams he would be top 4 in scoring if he kept it up. On 20 teams he would be the highest scoring 2nd lineer if you can assume that the 3 highest scoring players playon the first line.

50 pts is very very good.

You can not basically score much more then that without scoring a lot on the power play.

I would say that he is looking fantastic, given that he is a rookie, have a lot of potential to imrpove -- and what not.

Another great thing is that he haven't been taking much beating at all.

Patriks7

Oct 20, 2010

I think he's doing really well so far, considering he's a rookie and is still adjusting to the game. After playing your whole life on big European rinks, it isn't easy to make the jump to the smaller NA ones. And as we saw in the AHL, he will only get better as he gets more adjusted to the game, his teammates and his teammates adjust to him.

Cake or Death

I have to ask to experts here, but what do you guys think of his numbers so far?

I'm no expert, but I love his game. The on ice vision/awareness that him and Stepan bring is something this team really needed. Both guys think the game well and play with a much needed poise. I'm really liking the direction the team is going. I think Avery, Drury and Fedotenko are the only guys on the ice over age 28. This is a really really young team and we have a solid looking future ahead of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->