The Zuccarello Appreciation Thread (Videos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Shootout attempts are not penalty shots. Goals scored in a shootout do not count as goals for the individual player. That wouldn't make much sense.

In my book, a goal is a goal..

That's why i was wondering..

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Isn't penalty shot goals counted as a "goal" ??

I was just over at nhl.com and looked him up..

He has 1 goal and 3 assists...

So his 2 penalty goals doesn't count in the stats? Shouldn't he have like 3+3 ?

if they did then guys like PaP, Korp, and Christensen would have 40 goals a season

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
In my book, a goal is a goal..

That's why i was wondering..

It’s the same thing as a penalty shootout in soccer. In the World Cup or Champions League, goals scored in a penalty shootout doesn’t count towards the top scorers title in the tournament. Only goals scored in active play counts towards the stats. Both in soccer and hockey.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
IMHO As soon as he was called up he immediately upped the skill / creativity on the team. Would be very difficult to send him down for that reason alone.

Guys have their sticks on the ice and are looking for the passes from anywhere. :yo:

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
Shootout attempts are not penalty shots. Goals scored in a shootout do not count as goals for the individual player. That wouldn't make much sense.

In europe,a GWG would have counted on the players stats. Make no senes to me that it does`nt

nrf83

May 6, 2004
golf course
And, of course, they do not count for the goaltender, either.

There is a separate stat that tracks shootout attempts/saves/goals, but these aren't added to a player's regular season totals, as stated above.

except by players agent when contract negotiations commence:laugh:

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Btw, Zuke has å pretty cool mouth guard......

zuccamouthguard.jpg

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Do you guys think Zucca will keep 36 next season and beyond?
He uses number 36 (did in both Frisk and Modo, and now in the Rangers). On the national team he uses number 48.

I dont see him changing it unless management wants him to.

Wolfy*

He's helping the team a lot these days, but Torts says he's not comfortable with playing Zuccarello against some heavy lines, and he has to keep changing his own lines during games because of this. So they don't know yet how things will settle down. I hope the lack of size will not be a problem for Zuccarello in the future, I'm sure he remains in the lineup as long as he plays like he does now.

Camenzuli

Jun 29, 2008
London, UK
He's helping the team a lot these days, but Torts says he's not comfortable with playing Zuccarello against some heavy lines, and he has to keep changing his own lines during games because of this. So they don't know yet how things will settle down. I hope the lack of size will not be a problem for Zuccarello in the future, I'm sure he remains in the lineup as long as he plays like he does now.

Yeah, this worries me a bit too.

Is he really that bad defensively though? Can't say I've noticed him being particularly bad in that regard since he got called up.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Zuccarello's girlfriend makes good tacos. Don LaGreca was in Dallas with the Rangers. He heard that Zucca's girl is a good cook. McDonagh told the media the story about eating the tacos. Maybe they were roommates in Hartford.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Zuccarello's girlfriend makes good tacos. Don LaGreca was in Dallas with the Rangers. He heard that Zucca's girl is a good cook. McDonagh told the media the story about eating the tacos. Maybe they were roommates in Hartford.

Random factoid of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad