The Zuccarello Appreciation Thread (Videos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Oh and another thing, Zuccarello knows how to dump the puck in! Never seen us recover so many dump ins... He takes full advantage of the trapezoids and keeps the puck away from the goaltenders, and dumps it in high so the puck drops behind the goal line... Very smart with the dump ins, suits Dubinksy's down low game very well...

Good stuff from the Norge Hobit.

He doesn't care for that nick name and you spelled Hobbit incorrectly. ;)

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Anisimov's wrist shot deserves a thread more than Zucc if you ask me.

Lundqvist is on fire. He has a two game point-scoring streak. He's scored more in the last two games than any of the skaters. Anyone thinks he can hit 40 goals this year?

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Awesome penalty,he's coming along just fine.But now the tougher d-men's got his number,so I'm predicting someone will try to test him in a fight.

But i like what I'm seeing these days.

Pucktrader

Dec 30, 2010
Beyond Hell

shoogun

Jan 7, 2011
Norway
Good stuff from the Norge Hobit.

i'm not trying to be a grammar nazi here.

but;
Norway = Norge
Norwegian = Norske, Norsk

so in this case, it would be "den norske hobbiten"

just if you want to use it for future reference.

and on a side note, few can match Zucca and Stepan buck for buck on this team:)

Holomodo

Sep 29, 2007
Sweden
If you want to leave the MammaMia dish room Mats, and be the King of Örnsköldsvik, you have to score more points per game:

Rangers44*

With the way he performs in shootouts we can finally get rid of Christensen without any regrets.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
A question for you long-time Rangers fans. You know the club, how it thinks and how the rookies are treated.

Do you geniunly believe that Zuccarello has what it takes already? I know he has been impressive so far, but it seems like that in the NHL the way is short down to AHL. Even Dubinsky, who seems to be on fire this year, played most of his first season in Hartford Wolf Pack, as I can read from his stats.

Of course there are a lot of norwegians that are hoping that he gets great success in the NHL, and a couple of slick penalty shots and a game winner OT goal seems to be enough to make him a NHL star already :laugh:

But you who have followed the club for many years, even decades, if you compare Zucca to other rookies through out the years, how are his chances to be a permanent and even a key player with a one-way contract with the Rangers?

How would you compare Zuccas first games compared to other rookies who has succeeded in Rangers?

What are Zuccas chances of staying with the Rangers this season when key players like Prospal and Callahan are back from injury?

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
A question for you long-time Rangers fans. You know the club, how it thinks and how the rookies are treated.

Do you geniunly believe that Zuccarello has what it takes already? I know he has been impressive so far, but it seems like that in the NHL the way is short down to AHL. Even Dubinsky, who seems to be on fire this year, played most of his first season in Hartford Wolf Pack, as I can read from his stats.

Of course there are a lot of norwegians that are hoping that he gets great success in the NHL, and a couple of slick penalty shots and a game winner OT goal seems to be enough to make him a NHL star already :laugh:

But you who have followed the club for many years, even decades, if you compare Zucca to other rookies through out the years, how are his chances to be a permanent and even a key player with a one-way contract with the Rangers?

How would you compare Zuccas first games compared to other rookies who has succeeded in Rangers?

What are Zuccas chances of staying with the Rangers this season when key players like Prospal and Callahan are back from injury?

If he begins to slump offensively, he'll be sent down again. But he's definitely a player. By next season, he'll be full-time with this club. I think it's pretty safe to say he'll be one of the two second line wingers on this team next season.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006

Zuccarello will keep his spot as long as he keeps performing. Dubinsky was 21 years old when he was in Hartford. That's why he spent a full season down there. Zuccarello is already 23. Most of his development happened in the SEL. His time in Hartford was necessary more for him to adjust to the North American game than to mature as a player.

I doubt very much that Prospal will even play this year, but the fact of the matter is that neither he nor Callahan will take Zuccarello's spot as long as Zuccarello's game doesn't drop off.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Isn't penalty shot goals counted as a "goal" ??

I was just over at nhl.com and looked him up..

He has 1 goal and 3 assists...

So his 2 penalty goals doesn't count in the stats? Shouldn't he have like 3+3 ?

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Isn't penalty shot goals counted as a "goal" ??

I was just over at nhl.com and looked him up..

He has 1 goal and 3 assists...

So his 2 penalty goals doesn't count in the stats? Shouldn't he have like 3+3 ?

Shootout attempts are not penalty shots. Goals scored in a shootout do not count as goals for the individual player. That wouldn't make much sense.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
Shootout attempts are not penalty shots. Goals scored in a shootout do not count as goals for the individual player. That wouldn't make much sense.
And, of course, they do not count for the goaltender, either.

There is a separate stat that tracks shootout attempts/saves/goals, but these aren't added to a player's regular season totals, as stated above.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Loving his game so far. He stepped right in when called up from The Whale and fit in right away, pretty much.

He should be up to stay and he's only going to get better. The kid has a never say die attitude and will try to hit anyone, no matter how big they are.

Also it was stated above that he won't try to force the puck into the other teams zone by trying to carry it in, then turn it over with an odd man rush coming back the other way. He sends the puck in and actually recovers his own dumps often.

That's more North American style hockey then Euro-style, but he has the creative passing and stick handling skills that come with skilled Euro's. I love it.

Can't wait to see how he develops the rest of this season and into next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad