The Year 2 NHL On NBC Team (Official)

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Only a couple of changes, which are listed in bold...

Studio
Host: Bill Clement
Analysts: Ray Ferraro and Brett Hull

Game of the Week Team (Will call PIT-PHI on 1/13)
Play By Play: Mike Emrick
Color: Eddie Olczyk
Inside the Glass: Pierre McGuire

#2 Team (Will call BOS-NYR on 1/13)
Play By Play: Dave Strader
Color: Brian Hayward
Inside the Glass: Joe Micheletti

#3 Team (Will call LA-STL on 1/13)
Play By Play: Chris Cuthbert
Color: Peter McNab
Inside the Glass: Darren Pang

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Only a couple of changes, which are listed in bold...

Studio
Host: Bill Clement
Analysts: Ray Ferraro and Brett Hull

Game of the Week Team (Will call PIT-PHI on 1/13)
Play By Play: Mike Emrick
Color: Eddie Olczyk
Inside the Glass: Pierre McGuire

#2 Team (Will call BOS-NYR on 1/13)
Play By Play: Dave Strader
Color: Brian Hayward
Inside the Glass: Joe Micheletti

#3 Team (Will call LA-STL on 1/13)
Play By Play: Chris Cuthbert
Color: Peter McNab
Inside the Glass: Darren Pang

Glad to see they got rid of Cammie Granato, she was awful. Don't like that they replaced her with Darren Pang. Ideally you want someone who is very knowledgable in that position between the benches. Pang has never came off to me as that especially when it comes to the rules.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
You don't necesarily need someone like you mentioned. You just need someone who can listen to what's going on between the benches and put it in some hockey sense.

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
Oh god, Pierre is still around?

The between the benches thing is Pejorative Slured anyway. Don't mind having updates from ice level, but do you really have to zoom in on the guy with the camera and show him talking for 10 minutes? It's bad enough I have to listen to Pierre, I don't want to see him too.

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Glad to see they got rid of Cammie Granato, she was awful. Don't like that they replaced her with Darren Pang. Ideally you want someone who is very knowledgable in that position between the benches. Pang has never came off to me as that especially when it comes to the rules.

They didn't "technically" get rid of her... she's on maternity leave.

Panger sticks around for a second year... THEN they got rid of her. :sarcasm:

NYYmt62

Aug 26, 2005
Islander Country

The between the benches thing is Pejorative Slured anyway. Don't mind having updates from ice level, but do you really have to zoom in on the guy with the camera and show him talking for 10 minutes? It's bad enough I have to listen to Pierre, I don't want to see him too.

LOL... I agree. I think it is going to be interesting to see how Hull does with the broadcast.

GernerPSU

Jun 4, 2006
State College
I would love to get Hull as a color guy. It seems like in all sports, the best for the job either get a smaller gig or not at all. We have John Madden considered the best in the biz by saying stuff like "I think the team that scores more points will win" when a guy like Dick Vermeil who has an inside scoop and knowledge of the modern game is stuck as a part-time analyst for the NFL Network games.

Boozers

Mar 18, 2004
Edmonton

Break Out The Monster!

Mr BLUEandWHITE

Nov 14, 2005
Toronto
how the hell is Cassie Campbell weak, she is one of the better HNIC people in terms of knowledge.

I guess after years and years of hearing a man's voice for commentary for every game, it is a big difference with a women. I remember the first time I heard her and I also thought it was a little weird but she is a bright person and I do not mind her at all.

Haute Couture

Feb 27, 2002
Bay of Pigs
Visit site
St. Louis and LA? This is disgusting.

The reason why NHL sucks so much - they rely too much on a team's past reputation and market share when they pick the games before the season starts. And then we get to see a bunch of old losers with 15-or so-game losing streaks when Buffalo, San Jose, Anaheim, Nashville, Atlanta get nothing. What was the point of creating these teams when you don't promote them? Sweeet jesus am I tired of the same old Stars/Blues/Avs games.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Yea, I'm a big fan of Panger. Always have been. Even though he has one of the higher male voices I've ever heard.

The number 2 team is real weak. Never liked Strader and Hayward is one of the more annoying color men in the league. He might be knowledgeable, but he never shuts up. Ever. He's always talking. That's one of the reasons JDavidson got on my nerves as an analyst. There's nothing more irritating than an analyst who talks too much. He is always talking over the PBP guy. Very annoying. Get Ferraro out of the studio and into the booth. Or Hull.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
For those interested, Emrick, Olczyk and McGuire will be calling Colorado-Detroit on 2/28. Strader, Hayward and Micheletti have Dallas-Anaheim, and Cuthbert, McNab and Panger are doing Philly-Atlanta.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Darren Pang does good work. I'm sorry that you seem to feel otherwise.
Are you kidding me? Pang is a complete Idiot he does nothing but scream Pavel Datsyuk's name and talk about how great Datsyuk is (he predicted him to win every one of the skills competition in 2003 I'm not kidding either) then talks about the Red Wings all the time even when the Wings are not playing.

BTW great to see they are Showing St. Louis, Philly, and LA what Phoenix, Columbus, and Florida not playing Saturday?

bayrider

Jun 4, 2006
Montreal
I like Hayward. He talks a bit too much but is very informative and brings to light aspects of the game that go unnoticed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad