TSN: The writing is on the wall for Craig Anderson in Ottawa [Ian Mendes]

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I respect the legacy, but I'm excited to turn the page. This feels like a big page turner for the team.

Run with Nilsson/Hogberg next year with Nilsson hopefully being replaced the year after.

Reactions: gab6511

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Craig Anderson has been great for the team on and off the ice.

He currently sits at 197 wins with Ottawa. I hope we can get him 3 more before he is traded and/or retires. Would be a nice capstone to his Sens career to win 200 games with the franchise.

That would be fitting. Goalies don’t have much trade value in any case so I hope they trade him to a real contender and give him one more run, the return isn’t of consequence when it comes to a guy like that.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Anderson is an amazing guy. Stability on and off the ice. Very valuable. Maybe not so much at this point in his career but he definitely helped huge while he was here.
Hope he can go somewhere with playoff success.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Craig Anderson has seen more than his share if rubber as a Senator over the last few seasons.
He still has the ability to raise his game if he had the opportunity to play for a playoff team.
Would be a good pick up for a team questioning their #2 goalies.
Anderson will rise again if he is traded!

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Would be a good pick up for a team questioning their #2 goalies.

This smells like Toronto lol. We know Dorion is not afraid to trade with them. But if Anderson is trade to Toronto they will need to send salary back or Ottawa have to retain salary!

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
This smells like Toronto lol. We know Dorion is not afraid to trade with them. But if Anderson is trade to Toronto they will need to send salary back or Ottawa have to retain salary!
Even with retaining 50% Toronto doesn’t have room.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Rask is gonna miss some serious time given his history. If they can get over the in-division barriers, I could see getting something done with Boston.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Rask is gonna miss some serious time given his history. If they can get over the in-division barriers, I could see getting something done with Boston.
Eh, I don't know. They have 1.7m in capspace (pro-rated). Rask going on LTIR helps, but not massively. I suspect they will want to add in other areas, too... spending all that money on Andy seems unwise.

The one workaround I could see is if we take Backes which, to be fair, would be a very interesting pick-up for us. He could play 4th line and earn less than his cap hit.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
After a few goalie injuries in the next month I anticipate Anderson will be scooped up by a pending playoff team for insurance.
A small price to pay for a chance at at an extended run.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
What about trading Nilsson and keeping Andy - neither are in the long term plans. Let Andy back up Hoggy and ride off into the sunset. Tank goaltending secured for next year. Get an asset for a goalie - win win all around

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What about trading Nilsson and keeping Andy - neither are in the long term plans. Let Andy back up Hoggy and ride off into the sunset. Tank goaltending secured for next year. Get an asset for a goalie - win win all around
I think this could also be a possibility if a team would prefer Nilsson to Anderson & pay a little more to get him. Funny how the guys who would return the most are also the guys people wouldn't mind keeping in Pageau, Anderson, DeMello & Boro (some) . Personally, this is a trade deadline where they should make all of the UFAs available & see who returns the most & move them. If there are a couple of them after the deadline they can either let them go or sign them for another yr & look to trade them again next yr, if they want to keep an extra vet or two.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
The one workaround I could see is if we take Backes which, to be fair, would be a very interesting pick-up for us. He could play 4th line and earn less than his cap hit.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad