The worst winger for a star center

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Yachmenev was a very talented player but not of NHL size. He's way better than Jim Hiller who spent a couple dozen games on Gretzky's wing getting overinflated stats before getting dealt to Detroit.

This is going to be a hard question to answer since 4th liners are often paired with 1st line centers to balance out forward corps lines. Kopitar played with Trevor Lewis this year for example and in previous years had other bottom sixers like Dwight King on his wing.

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa
Colin Greening really fed off of Spezza in 11-12, guy scored 17 goals and looked great but I guess it was all thanks to Jason. Michalek scored 35 that year as well but if it wasn't for injuries to his knee, he'd be a 25 goal guy right now.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Chuck Kobasew was at Crosby's wing at the start of last year, couldn't get an AHL contract, and now plays for a German team. That should be the answer.

jdatb

Apr 29, 2014
not the same situation but I think Pavel Bure played with a couple of grinders for an entire season once

mmssd

Dec 28, 2013
Chad LaRose playing with E. Staal

I agree. Patrick Dwyer playing with Jordan Staal too ugh. Mario Lemieux turned some crappy wingers into big scorers, can't think of any names off the top of my head right now (little bit before my time lol).

dtrain24

May 5, 2014
Farmingdale, NY.
This probably doesn't count since it was for one shift, but Eric Boulton once played on Tavares' wing when the Isles were down a goal with under five minutes to play. Really Capuano?

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Yzerman & Sundin were saddled with some crap for several years in their primes. Recently, Crosby and Malkin have gone through stretches with meh on the wings.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Andreas Nodl was pretty much Mike Richards full time winger for a while. (when Richards was a 30 goal, 70 point guy.)

Dan Carcillo was also on Richards wing for a bit.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
rob brown is a good one

115 pts in 68 games playing with lemieux in 88-89. never even came close to that again

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Robbie Brown has to be up there in that he played full-time with Mario for a while and produced little in comparison when not attached to Mario's hip...he's also among the worst skaters and worst defensive players I've ever seen play the game, so when he wasn't producing he was an absolute liability. Warren Young as well, to a lesser degree.

Sid & Geno have had some real garbage linemates, but few have stayed there full-time, more of a carousel of crap. The fact that Andy Hilbert isn't anywhere near the worst player to get 15+ games with those guys says it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad