OT: The World Cup Brazil 2014! June 12 - July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Pretty tough to cheer for the Dutch moving forward with that disgrace Robben flopping all over the place.

Will be cheering hard against them moving forward. Hopefully Costa Rica can pull off the upset.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Man Ruiz has been great for Costa Rica. I don't know if they can go further but they've impressed.

One takeaway from this tournament: some of the goaltending has been unreal. The quality of saves have been excellent this tournament IMO.

There's also been some laughable goalkeeper mistakes.

And the amount of shots being taken in this tournament is bound to get some great saves drawn out of it. In past tournaments teams were much more clinical and took very few shots, now all the games are open and it's fun!

LolClarkson*

Pretty tough to cheer for the Dutch moving forward with that disgrace Robben flopping all over the place.

Will be cheering hard against them moving forward. Hopefully Costa Rica can pull off the upset.

Everyone dives. Especially in the KO rounds.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Was still a foul. Everyone dives. Everyone dives in the box. There is absolutely no reason not to. If you think you can draw a spot kick, then obviously the best course of action is to embellish. Up to the referee to determine if it's a legitimate foul.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Was still a foul. Everyone dives. Everyone dives in the box. There is absolutely no reason not to. If you think you can draw a spot kick, then obviously the best course of action is to embellish. Up to the referee to determine if it's a legitimate foul.

Exactly. Not to mention theres no penalty for embellishment so why wouldn't you? That being said, the diving is shameful and it bothers me to no end.

LolClarkson*

Exactly. Not to mention theres no penalty for embellishment so why wouldn't you? That being said, the diving is shameful and it bothers me to no end.

Some fans are saying that Robben should have fell when he jumped over that guys leg when he went flying around that guy earlier in the game

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Some fans are saying that Robben should have fell when he jumped over that guys leg when he went flying around that guy earlier in the game

He should have and could have but I love that he didn't. Probably gave him the chance at the later penalty. It is what it is.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I'm not sure if Nigeria is going to have a full roster by the end of this - looking like they'll have the second forced substitution from injuries.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

He should have dove earlier. I don't like diving, but unless they start penalizing it, there is no incentive not to. Especially if you're in the box.

Why wouldn't you dive in the box? If flopping increases your chances of drawing a spot pick, there is no reason not to.

arsmaster*

He should have dove earlier. I don't like diving, but unless they start penalizing it, there is no incentive not to. Especially if you're in the box.

Why wouldn't you dive in the box? If flopping increases your chances of drawing a spot pick, there is no reason not to.

Integrity.

Not cheating.

I understand the principal your talking about. Doing all you can to win and all.

Be interesting to hear if you'll be teaching your kids to take dives in mini soccer and minor hockey.

I know I don't.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Integrity.

Not cheating.

I understand the principal your talking about. Doing all you can to win and all.

Be interesting to hear if you'll be teaching your kids to take dives in mini soccer and minor hockey.

I know I don't.

I wouldn't tell kids to dive. But they'll probably figure out on their own that it's more beneficial.

FIFA should do something about diving. That would solve the problem.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I wouldn't tell kids to dive. But they'll probably figure out on their own that it's more beneficial.

FIFA should do something about diving. That would solve the problem.

Post-match yellows could actually be pretty effective with the risk of missing knockout matchs - though it'd still be worth it to dive for a win. It at least would be costly.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Algeria taking Germany to extra time. Surprising. Would be an immense upset if Algeria could pull it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->