Tidbits: The Wonderful Words of Bruce Boudreau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
He's a great quote. Post your favorite Boudreau-isms, interviews, etc! :popcorn:

“Listen, I’d never had two teams interested in me in my life,’’ he said. “It’s always been one. So I didn’t know what to do. And I guess my agent made the decision.’’

Of course it wasn’t that simple. Boudreau had his say in it. As he put it: “I said, ‘If they do this, do that,’ you know?’’ he said. “And they did, so we did.’’

Got that?

The Wild did make one, signing Boudreau to a four-year deal worth just under $3 million a year.

Feel free to have general Boudreau discussion here as well.

Vashanesh

Nope.
Jan 29, 2010
Minnesota
I'm not going to lie, I wasn't terribly excited at the prospect of hiring BB when the rumors started flying. Him just coming off another disappointing playoff year, etc.

But I'll be damned if he hasn't grown on me. He's so damn genuine it's impossible to dislike him at this point.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would love to hear him and Jacques get together and talk hockey.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
After practice today, on reviewing the gametape from last night:

Bruce: "..but as long as we end up with the bigger number than the other team, we're OK."

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
287iu6o.jpg

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Talking about Gustav Olofsson:

“And here’s a guy who had no training camp, so he’s just starting to get hockey-ready,†said Boudreau. “But he looks like a typical Swede — very mobile, tall, thin and I’m sure he has good hockey sense.â€

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Russo - Boudreau on playing the Flames after Staal breaking Gaudreau's finger:
Boudreau had some other comments this morning, again, ONLY because he was asked about it again.

"I think they’re making mountains out of molehills quite frankly because every game you watch, there’s little slashes on the hands. I don’t know, but I’ve got to believe we’re one of the least penalized teams over the years in the league, so if they think we’re targeting people’s hands, they’re nuts.

"Eric Staal has never been accused of being a goon or anything, so you've got to believe it wasn’t intentional. As to what they think, they can think what they think, ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad