the Womens Pro League

TSK1020

I dont even know what it is called now... I guess there were two leagues if my memory serves correct. Regardless, do most of these pro womens players have a job during the week or are they actaully "full-time hockey" competing during the season?

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
It is now the Premier Hockey Federation

Premier Hockey Federation - Wikipedia

The links say the salary cap has been doubled based on financial forecasts to $300k per team, so they probably would need a second income for most of the players. I believe the Chinese team Vanky Rays whichever league they played or played in in North America were the only true full pro womens team.

In Russia you also have the Zhenskaya Hockey League

Zhenskaya Hockey League - Wikipedia

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
The 2021-22 season salary range for PHF players has been widely reported by third-party sources as US$2,500 to US$25,000. I doubt any of the players in the league can sustain annual living expenses on such professional wages without an additional source(s) of income. But with a 19-week regular season, it's possible that some small number of the women in the high end of the presumed salary bracket could manage weekly expenses without a 2nd job between games by budgeting their income from employment in the off-season and/or financial support from other sources.

A recent CBC article presented what is probably a "typical" employment scenario for a PHF player ... https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/pwhpa-phf-stalemate-olympics-update-1.6249812

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
The best womens pro league in terms of player quality at the moment is the SDHL in sweden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad