OT: The Wild Board Jukebox Thread: Part Deux

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Big fan of Caligula's Horse and Explosions in the Sky. Not much a fan of the MAWGSS (Middle-Aged White Guys Singing Slow).

Last edited by a moderator:

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Big fan of MAWGSS, personally.

I know Nick Cave is highly acclaimed and I've listened to some of his stuff and it just doesn't resonate with me. On the other hand, I do like Songs: Ohia, and Duluth's own; Low.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Album of the Year contender for me. Check it out if you like fuzzy prog-ish tinted doom with amazing vocals.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I think this was on a Microsoft Surface commercial. Sounded catchy, decided to listen to the whole song. It's pretty good.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
Wow. The last two Pearl Jam albums were ok. But damn this hits on all levels for me. A bit of a Killers feel with the Talking Heads mixed in.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
Was hoping to see them in St. Louis this spring. Alas that's not happening. Can't wait for the new album. The first two singles are awesome. Can't stop listening to this one.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I just want to say I thought it was humorous when I heard "It's the end of the world as we know it" and "Closing time" back to back on the radio a few days ago.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

This band will never stop. Consistently great.

Alcest is new to me. Don't speak French, so can't understand what he's singing about. But the music is great. Had to buy all of their albums after I heard this song... Videos kinda neat too.

Edit: You're doing the Lord's work Talon. (My bad, thanks for fixing my post)

Last edited:

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

Album of the Year contender for me. Check it out if you like fuzzy prog-ish tinted doom with amazing vocals.

They keep being suggested to me by YT's algorithm. I'd yet to give them a listen. After listening, I'm on the fence. Doesn't twist my nips off the bat, but doesn't chap my ass either. Might take a listen or two. Not a huge fan of fuzz guitar. Like at all. But, when the vocals and rest kick in, it actually fits alright.

As for what I'm onto now, Jason Bieler and The Baron Von Bielski Orchestra, featuring Devin Townsend (Strapping Young Lad, VAI and The Devin Townsend Project) and Dave Ellefson (Megadeth)

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
I was pretty underwhelmed by Impulse Voices overall but Pan's pretty decent. Kinda nice to see Plini playing stuff where he's not just bending into every single note w/ the whammy bar.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I was pretty underwhelmed by Impulse Voices overall but Pan's pretty decent. Kinda nice to see Plini playing stuff where he's not just bending into every single note w/ the whammy bar.

I like that more than a lot of stuff I've listened to from him.

Side note .... Can't stand the look of that guitar. Nearly makes his videos unwatchable for me LOL

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I don't understand a word but I ended up listening to a lot of her songs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad