The whole criticism thing about Matthews not getting 30 assists and 70 points

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
he hasn't hit those numbers yet so people have the right to say he isn't a 30 assist and 70 point player. also, leafs fans calling him 'generational' doesn't help that case either
Barry Trotz called hi generational. And really, how many Leaf fan shave said that?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Barry Trotz called hi generational. And really, how many Leaf fan shave said that?
Well Barry is wrong and it doesn't matter how many people said it, jus that it was said and the comparisons to him and mcdavid.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Well Barry is wrong and it doesn't matter how many people said it, jus that it was said and the comparisons to him and mcdavid.
No one is saying Matthews is generational, however I think Trotz experience as an NHL coach outweighs the opinions of Leafs haters on the main boards when it comes to Matthews. My god I once mentioned how someone from TSN compared Matthews rookie season to McDavid's rookie season. The word generational never came up in the discussion and the Oilers fans on here went crazy that Matthews was being compared to McDavid.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Yes they do ainec
I think you're trying too hard to come across as an unbiased fan. Stop trying to cater to the other fan bases and think logically for a sec.
Yes the Leafs have lots of fans and because of that have a percentage of people that say stupid stuff. You're assuming now that other fan bases don't say as stupid stuff as Leaf fans do?

You need to check other teams forums more often.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Like all of them saying Matthews is generational? LOL. Everytime someone asks for a quote from a non-Leaf fan about these supposed comments, we never hear from that person again.
NOT all of them, but some of them

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I think you're trying too hard to come across as an unbiased fan. Stop trying to cater to the other fan bases and think logically for a sec.
Yes the Leafs have lots of fans and because of that have a percentage of people that say stupid stuff. You're assuming now that other fan bases don't say as stupid stuff as Leaf fans do?

You need to check other teams forums more often.
I am not assuming that at all. I know that there are more leaf fans than other fans on hf. The person I was replying to disagreed with me saying 'leafs fans say Much more silly things that over fanbases' which is false.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I am not assuming that at all. I know that there are more leaf fans than other fans on hf. The person I was replying to disagreed with me saying 'leafs fans say Much more silly things that over fanbases' which is false.
The way you word it, it sounds like you're saying that Leaf fans say worse things than other fan bases. Not that there's more of them that say silly things.
If you're talking about quantity I'd understand what you're trying to say, if you're talking about quality you'd be talking out of your butt.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
The way you word it, it sounds like you're saying that Leaf fans say worse things than other fan bases. Not that there's more of them that say silly things.
If you're talking about quantity I'd understand what you're trying to say, if you're talking about quality you'd be talking out of your butt.
It's more quantity than quality

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
If my team didn't have Auston Matthews, I would probably be a hater too.

He isn't generational but he is more than capable of becoming the best C in the division, and top five in the league.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
You two are both right. In the end I guess I need to live with that Leafs players will get judged unfairly by fans of other teams. When trying to defend Matthews and not that he needs it, if we mention how he had a 40 goal rookie season, those people say he can't get at least 30 assists. As I said before Laine has not yet reached 30 assists in his first 2 seasons, however everyone seemed to celebrate him scoring 44 goals this season and didn't care about his assist totals not reaching at least 30.
Center vs winger ?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I'm also of the belief that if people want to compare the careers of Matthews vs Laine, if Matthews gets criticism for not yet getting 30 assists in a season the same should be said about Laine. So it's not about one being a centre and the other being a winger.
But it is.

Normally, a center gets more assists than a winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad