The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask but I'll give it a shot... Does anyone have any opinions on Le St-Martin Hôtel Particulier near the Bell? I'm finally heading to Montreal for the Bruins game in November and am kind of guessing where I should stay. Also do you think it's worth staying near the Bell if we're going to the game? Everyone going is 24/25 so we'll also be looking for some fun bars and things to do during the day and I have no idea what else is around that area. I've been to Montreal a few times but have never spent any time near the Bell and figure taking some advice couldn't hurt..

Lastly my gf is from Wales and has never been to Montreal, so if you were only there for three days what would you do first?

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask but I'll give it a shot... Does anyone have any opinions on Le St-Martin Hôtel Particulier near the Bell? I'm finally heading to Montreal for the Bruins game in November and am kind of guessing where I should stay. Also do you think it's worth staying near the Bell if we're going to the game? Everyone going is 24/25 so we'll also be looking for some fun bars and things to do during the day and I have no idea what else is around that area. I've been to Montreal a few times but have never spent any time near the Bell and figure taking some advice couldn't hurt..

Lastly my gf is from Wales and has never been to Montreal, so if you were only there for three days what would you do first?

Crescent street and Ste-Catherine is where you want to hang out especially being Anglo. It happens to be 2-3 minutes walk from the Bell Centre since its located in the heart of downtown. It's even better located or relative to MGS in terms of where the action is at in a city (Mtl being much smaller than Manhattan though).

But be sure to check the latin quarter too (St-Denis boulevard between Sherbrooke/Ste-Catherine), St-Laurent boulevard (between Ste-Catherine/Mont-Royal) and also the plateau Mont-Royal street (between St-Laurent/Papineau) for more hang outs spots. These are more francophone than anglophone but every waiter/waitress and the vast majority 80% at least of the people will be bilingual.

Here's some suggestions:

Mad Hatter: Crescent/Ste-Catherines
http://madhatterpub.ca/

Abreuvoir: St-Denis/Ontario - My favorite (best all year long terrace in town )
http://www.abreuvoir.ca/contact/

Barraca: Mont-Royal/Christophe-Colomb - If you go there on a Saturday/Sunday night say hi to Adam Casey for me.
http://barraca.ca/nous-joindres/

Ste-Elizabeth: Ste-Catherines/Ste-Elizabeth - Easy to miss since it's almost in the back alley, perhaps the best bar interior/exterior bar... ever, maybe worldwide.
http://www.ste-elisabeth.com/eng/elisabeth_eng.htm

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Awesome thank you so much! That would have been days of searching to find half of that. I've always had a good time in Montreal and I've been trying to go to a game for a few years and nothing ever worked out until now.

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Blainville-Boisbriand

Hi all,

I'm visiting Montreal for the first time Oct 1-5. Looks like I'll just miss a home preseason game, then they're on the road to play the Islanders. I'm not sure if there's a QMJHL team close to Montreal (is Sherbrooke the closest?), but it looks like junior hockey takes a break during NHL camps.

Any sports happenings that weekend around the city?

In the QMJHL Blainville-Boisbriand the closest, followed by Drummondville. Plenty of Midget AAA teams in the GMA, fast, exciting elite hockey. Schedule - started this weekend and locations.

www.liguemidgetaaa.ca

Malakhov

Nov 30, 2003
Montreal, QC
Visit site
I've got some games in the blues and some in the greys. I can sell for the cost of odering them online (ticket + fees etc..)

Send me a private message for available games.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Many of them have season tickets and many of them buy quarter or half season tickets from full season ticket holders.
Interesting........they must be able to make some good money at it, as it seems like it's the exact same crew of guys, year in year out...

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
12 tickets on the same credit card? there's no limits this year?

18 tickets on 3 different credit cards and multiple addresses. Done by 12:35.

This isn't the quickest I've ever gotten in, but it's by far the quickest I've gotten in multiple orders.

Makes me wonder if a lot of folks weren't aware of the Club1909 process or something.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Amped!

Coming up for Isles / Habs Nov 22 -- Staying Friday through Tues.

Couldn't decide on one hotel, so staying uptown Friday and Sat -- then coming downtown and staying near arena (Le Crystal) for the second half of the trip and the game. Will try and do a tour of the Bell Centre while I'm here too. Ill be the respectful old school Isles fan, most likely soaking in the entire experience. Got my ticket already.

I know there all all sorts of great places to visit -- but do any locals have favorite live music spots? Blues/jazz type stuff?

Thanks all!

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Amped!

Coming up for Isles / Habs Nov 22 -- Staying Friday through Tues.

Couldn't decide on one hotel, so staying uptown Friday and Sat -- then coming downtown and staying near arena (Le Crystal) for the second half of the trip and the game. Will try and do a tour of the Bell Centre while I'm here too. Ill be the respectful old school Isles fan, most likely soaking in the entire experience. Got my ticket already.

I know there all all sorts of great places to visit -- but do any locals have favorite live music spots? Blues/jazz type stuff?

Thanks all!

http://houseofjazz.ca/montreal/

YouMyBoyBlue

Jul 19, 2013
Hey guys,

Ill be in Montreal this week. Would like to see them on Thursday against the Rags. I don't know how the ticket prices go prior to the game. Do they go down before the game starts in Stubhub? Do they sellout? Can I buy tickets in the box office? What are your thoughts and suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Hey guys,

Ill be in Montreal this week. Would like to see them on Thursday against the Rags. I don't know how the ticket prices go prior to the game. Do they go down before the game starts in Stubhub? Do they sellout? Can I buy tickets in the box office? What are your thoughts and suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Ticket prices will stay the same, if you don't buy them in advance you might get sold out and you'll have to rely on scalpers and have to pay more.

eyhp

Mar 31, 2006
Montreal
Why don't you try the Ticket Vault? If you are willing to be patient you can get prices to come down close to face value come game night.

eyhp

Mar 31, 2006
Montreal
Still looking to buy 2 tickets in the 300s for Saturday, November 28th against the New Jersey Devils.

Thanks.

Why don't you try the Ticket Vault? If you are willing to be patient you can wait for the prices to come down closer to face value come game night.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Awesome thank you so much! That would have been days of searching to find half of that. I've always had a good time in Montreal and I've been trying to go to a game for a few years and nothing ever worked out until now.

Old port and Griffin town is a must.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
About what time should I get to the La Cage Aux Sports in the Bell Center for dinner/drinks before a Saturday night game?

The last few times I tried to go there, it was an eleventy-billion person long line, and I had to hit up the one on Rene-Levesque instead. Which is fine and all, great place, but the atmosphere of the arena location is better.

dreamingofdrouin*

Hi guys visiting montreal for the game tmr night...im by myself so its kinda a bummer, but id like to go out to a nice bart...something not too too loud, and where i can sit down at the bar. any suggestions? .thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad