The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
To be honest, best thing to do in mtl is get laid , whatever your preference. We are just beautiful people!!!!lol

Reactions: Stive Morgan

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Had to do with the clientele.

I must be missing something,it happens. Been there only a few times with clients for a Habs game but never noticed anything standing out with the clientele though, perhaps due to not being a native Montrealer?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I must be missing something,it happens. Been there only a few times with clients for a Habs game but never noticed anything standing out with the clientele though, perhaps due to not being a native Montrealer?
It used to be English Montreal's gay bar.

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Heading to Montreal Monday until Saturday. Catching the Bruins and Devils games while we’re there. Have a condo in Old Montreal. Any suggestions for restaurants? We love sushi and seafood. Any must-do things?

Scottish Hab

Mar 2, 2018
Glasgow
Heading over the end of this month for Caps game.

Tricolore in the Bell Centre aside obv, anyone got any good store recommendations for buying Habs clothing/merchandise.

I am thinking more along the lines of hoodies, hats, beanies, casual tees rather than match/training jerseys etc. - doesn't have to be restricted to Downtown as a know my way around reasonably well.

Cheers

Domenic Varuzza

Nov 18, 2019
Hi,

I am coming to Montreal for my bachelor party in 3 weeks with 21 other New York Rangers fans. Were going to the game on 2/27 and staying through Sunday. (actually have 4 extra tix in section 208 in club desjardins if anyone is interested). I am open to any and all suggestions on what to do. We have dinner reservations at Rib n Reef Friday night and plan on going to Flyjin and La Voute at night as well. Also, if anyone has any opinion on places to go eat, and well ofcourse best Nuru, I'd love to hear it.

Please DM if you have any suggestions, much appreciated!

Thanks!!

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Hi,

I am coming to Montreal for my bachelor party in 3 weeks with 21 other New York Rangers fans. Were going to the game on 2/27 and staying through Sunday. (actually have 4 extra tix in section 208 in club desjardins if anyone is interested). I am open to any and all suggestions on what to do. We have dinner reservations at Rib n Reef Friday night and plan on going to Flyjin and La Voute at night as well. Also, if anyone has any opinion on places to go eat, and well ofcourse best Nuru, I'd love to hear it.

Please DM if you have any suggestions, much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Bringing the wallets I gather. lol.

All good choices,but sounds like you're staying in Old Montreal,why Rib and Reef? Got wheels?

Domenic Varuzza

Nov 18, 2019
Bringing the wallets I gather. lol.

All good choices,but sounds like you're staying in Old Montreal,why Rib and Reef? Got wheels?

Well there are 22 of us and Rib n Reef had a private room that could fit everyone, and was recommended by a friends cousin who lives in MTL. After going to Vegas in June, this isnt going to make a dent in the wallet, plus the exchange rate is kind of beneficial to us. Living in NYC, everything is cheaper elsewhere haha.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Well there are 22 of us and Rib n Reef had a private room that could fit everyone, and was recommended by a friends cousin who lives in MTL. After going to Vegas in June, this isnt going to make a dent in the wallet, plus the exchange rate is kind of beneficial to us. Living in NYC, everything is cheaper elsewhere haha.

Nothing wrong with R&R at all.just curious as to location. Always nice to get a favorable exchange and it sucks for people wanting to go to the States currently if coming from Canada. NYC is expensive for housing,but besides that,not that expensive and a few places rival those housing costs.

Domenic Varuzza

Nov 18, 2019
Nothing wrong with R&R at all.just curious as to location. Always nice to get a favorable exchange and it sucks for people wanting to go to the States currently if coming from Canada. NYC is expensive for housing,but besides that,not that expensive and a few places rival those housing costs.

I hear there is a great bar in the Bell Centre? Any recos for good hockey bars or bars in the area for sports or music postgame?

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
I hear there is a great bar in the Bell Centre? Any recos for good hockey bars or bars in the area for sports or music postgame?

Taverne 1909 is the sports bar connected to the BC. I’ve only been there ahead of games - surprisingly good food and beer selection. I’d imagine it gets empty soon after. If you want to stay close by, I’d recommend Biermarkt for its amazing beer selection. There’s also Chez Parée on the way in between should you have visiting a gents club on your checklist.

Chez Serge used to be a ton of fun on hockey nights. Not in the same area but still easily accessible by subway.

FWIW, I hate Flyjin. Low ceilings, always suffocatingly packed... Keep in mind I rarely like clubs and wouldn’t know what to recommend instead. Perhaps look into New City Gas and see if there’s something going on?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Hey HFHabs fans, a couple of questions for you. My wife and I are flying up to Montreal in September for a cruise up the Saint Lawrence for our 10th anniversary. Do any of you know if you can access the cruise terminal by foot? We're thinking about booking a hotel or an AirBnB in the vicinity of the terminal and just walking there but didn't know how feasible that would be.

Also, how easy is it, generally, to get from that part of town to the Bell Centre? I know the schedule for next season isn't out but if we were able to catch a game at the Bell Centre, even if it's likely to just be a preseason game.

I appreciate any assistance you can provide here!

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
I am not 100% sure where the ternimal is, I suspect it is in the Old Port which is the most touristy part of the city. Fully accessible by foot. It is a short walk (30 mins max) away from the Bell Center. Just check Google Maps. :sarcasm:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
MOUNT ROYAL:

upload_2020-5-14_16-11-21.png

Reactions: rik schau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad