The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Trip is taking shape. I got the tickets to the Pens game at the Bell center Jan. 4. wow 1000 dollars for 3. For context me and the two kids are going to the game here with montreal on oct. 30 and three lower levels cost me 210 (total not each :).
Next airplane tickets (ouch).
and air bnb. hoping to stay downtown close.
looking for things to do with a 15 year old boy and 13 year old girl.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Trip is taking shape. I got the tickets to the Pens game at the Bell center Jan. 4. wow 1000 dollars for 3. For context me and the two kids are going to the game here with montreal on oct. 30 and three lower levels cost me 210 (total not each :).
Next airplane tickets (ouch).
and air bnb. hoping to stay downtown close.
looking for things to do with a 15 year old boy and 13 year old girl.

Bell center has a huge sliding scale,try to find some cheap eats before the game!
Air fare should be around 450 a pop and a decent place,outside the center can be found.
Good luck with the kids,zero suggestion for them,kids! Bring their friends and a few tablets.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Bell center has a huge sliding scale,try to find some cheap eats before the game!
Air fare should be around 450 a pop and a decent place,outside the center can be found.
Good luck with the kids,zero suggestion for them,kids! Bring their friends and a few tablets.
Thanks.
got my three tickets lower bowl 1200 dollars.
I'm seeing the Habs game in AZ later this month. Three tickets lower bowel 200 dollars. LOL.
WE are planning to see the Notre dame Basilica light show in montreal on our visit.
otherwise a lot of bagels and poutine. any rec's on where the best ones are.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Thanks.
I'm seeing the Habs game in AZ later this month. Three tickets lower bowel 200 dollars. LOL.
WE are planning to see the Notre dame Basilica light show in montreal on our visit.

Lot of great food options around. You know where to search for that I'm sure.,TA.

I always see a few games in Phoenix when in AZ,so cheap in comparison!

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
DT is better that time of year,lots of underground tunnels.Bonaventure is a good place to stay. Budget says a lot though.
Thanks for your advice.
Old Montreal looks so good in pictures. Amazing really. We don't really care to be around the nightlife obviously with my kids.

Electricity

Aug 22, 2016
Louisville via St. P
Thanks.

The bagels at La Fabrique de Bagel on Rue Saint-Pierre were great. Went twice.
The poutine at La Belle Province was legit. A++.

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
Going to be in Montreal for the weekend to catch the habs vs leafs. Any suggestions on what nightclubs to visit and where is the best poutine? Thanks

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hey, my girlfriend and I are in Montreal till Sunday eve, and were looking for recommendations for bars and lounges? Not like dance clubs or anything, chill places with good/creative drinks, ideally the kind of place where she could doll herself up in a cocktail dress and heels. We’re late 20s, so someplace people around our age congregate.

We’re staying right beside Phillips Square, but location shouldnt be a big deal, we can uber.

Thanks!

cujo1117

Mar 30, 2018
Hey, my girlfriend and I are in Montreal till Sunday eve, and were looking for recommendations for bars and lounges? Not like dance clubs or anything, chill places with good/creative drinks, ideally the kind of place where she could doll herself up in a cocktail dress and heels. We’re late 20s, so someplace people around our age congregate.

We’re staying right beside Phillips Square, but location shouldnt be a big deal, we can uber.

Thanks!

Seasalt & Ceviche old port

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
Our big day is here and I'm heading to Montreal in the am for the big game (Toronto vs Montreal ). We have slamming tickets along glass by the penalty box. I'm taking my father to his first ever hockey game at the Bell Centre.
Now usually I'm heading with my wife or friends to Montreal. What would you suggest us to do in the city. Staying close to the Bell Centre, but I'm not sure what to do with the 3 day's in the city eating, old Montreal, things to visit, Anything recommended would be greatly appreciated.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Coming to Montreal next week for the Saturday night game Vs Rangers.

Looking for a good steakhouse for Friday night, any suggestions? Staying downtown. Thanks!!

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Coming to Montreal next week for the Saturday night game Vs Rangers.

Looking for a good steakhouse for Friday night, any suggestions? Staying downtown. Thanks!!
Joe Beef? But it might be tough to get seats and it mucho expensive, but renown as one the best.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Hey everyone.

I'll be in MTL for the Devils game on US Thanksgiving/Nov 28th. I just bought tickets on Stubhub and I was wondering if I still need that Club 1909 app or whatever it was in order to access the tickets. Is that still a thing?

Thanks! Also, anyone have any good bar suggestions? My wife and I have been to Montreal 15 times now... have eaten at Joe Beef, we have a reservation at Liverpool house for 11/29... have had plenty of steaks at the Keg, went to Chez Paree and Cafe Cleopatra when I was up there for my bachelor party... seen the light show at Notre Dame... We are always looking for new places to check out.

Thanks!

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Hey everyone.

I'll be in MTL for the Devils game on US Thanksgiving/Nov 28th. I just bought tickets on Stubhub and I was wondering if I still need that Club 1909 app or whatever it was in order to access the tickets. Is that still a thing?

Thanks! Also, anyone have any good bar suggestions? My wife and I have been to Montreal 15 times now... have eaten at Joe Beef, we have a reservation at Liverpool house for 11/29... have had plenty of steaks at the Keg, went to Chez Paree and Cafe Cleopatra when I was up there for my bachelor party... seen the light show at Notre Dame... We are always looking for new places to check out.

Thanks!
Not familiar with the bar scene but, if you go to the Atrium at Le 1000, de La Gauchetière, one block East of the Bell Centre, you can lace 'em up and go for a skate.

Atrium Le 1000 De La Gauchetière - Ice Skating Rinks - Montréal

Reactions: njdevil26

TonySoprano

Apr 20, 2019
Satriale's
Going tomorrow night. What's a better pre-game atmosphere 1909 or La Cage?

Also we're going to Mclean's before that. All kind of walking distance from our hotel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad