The "what if Ovechkin was born a week earlier" 2004 top 15 mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
This obviously would never happen, but this is what I think the draft would look like had Ovechkin been born a week earlier(thus, been selected in 2003), and I'm too lazy to do all 30, so it's just the top 15.

1.Washington Capitals-Evgeni Malkin: Considering without Ovechkin, this is a one man draft, the Capital take the BPA in Malkin.

2.Pittsburgh Penguins-Andrew Ladd: With Malkin gone, the Pens take the 1st place NA skater in Ladd, who they hope will be a force in the future for them.

3.Chicago Blackhawks-Lauri Tukonen: They take another power forward to pair up with Ruutu, making for a scary future line.

4.Columbus Bluejackets-Cam Barker: Once again, Doug McLean gets the guy he wanted the most with Barker, who will lead their future defence corps.

5.Phoenix Coyotes-Robbie Schremp: Though he has an attitude, the Yotes feel he will have a better attitude in the future, being projected as the #2 center for the future, behind Mike Comrie.

6.New York Rangers-Rostislav Olesz: Surprised he fell to them, Sather takes the BPA in Olesz.

7.Florida Panthers-Alexander Radulov: Mike Keenan decides a skilled winger is what he needs, and takes the very skilled Radulov.

8.Carolina Hurricanes-Wojtek Wolski: While most feel the Canes take Thelen, I feel they need a skilled winger more than an offensive defenseman, and they take the very skilled Wolski.

9.Anaheim Mighty Ducks-A.J. Thelen: Having only Mark Popovic and a whole bunch of brusiers as defensive defensemen prospects, they take the talented Thelen.

10.Atlanta Thrashers-Andrej Meszaros: They feel a good defenseman to pair up with Coburn in the future is a big need, so they take the talented Meszaros.

11.Los Angeles Kings-Marek Schwarz: Not having many goalies, they take the future starter Schwarz.

12.Minnesota Wild-Drew Stafford: The Wild take the two-way threat, still surprised he fell to them.

13.Buffalo Sabres-Wes O'Neill: Though is stock is falling, they take the project feeling he could develop well in Buffalo.

14.Edmonton Oilers-Alexandre Picard: Lowe feels he makes a huge steal by selecting the talented Picard mid-way through the draft.

15.New York Islanders-Kyle Chicpchura: Milbury was thinking of taking Montoya and then trading DiPetro away ;), but instead takes Chipchura, who was the #1 NA skater for alot of the year.

That's all, folks.

Fleuryfan29

Apr 1, 2004
Barrie, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
LoL, you sound like Flordia last year when they tried to select him in the last round with the last overall pick. When Flordia tried to make a case out of the he is/he isn't eligable situation.
I really hope Pittsburgh dosen't take Andrew Ladd if that happens, I would rather Cam Barker.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Fleuryfan29 said:
LoL, you sound like Flordia last year when they tried to select him in the last round with the last overall pick. When Flordia tried to make a case out of the he is/he isn't eligable situation.
I really hope Pittsburgh dosen't take Andrew Ladd if that happens, I would rather Cam Barker.

I considered Barker, but they have Whitney, who will be a good defenseman in the future, and others like Orpik, and Tarnstrom isn't exactly old, either.

Ladd be a good pick considering they're likely to get Crosby next year, and if not Crosby, Brule or Latendresse.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
ducksflytogether said:
I considered Barker, but they have Whitney, who will be a good defenseman in the future, and others like Orpik, and Tarnstrom isn't exactly old, either.

Ladd be a good pick considering they're likely to get Crosby next year, and if not Crosby, Brule or Latendresse.

Any team that would make drafting decisions based on what might happen in next year's draft would be pretty much the stupidest team in history.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Wes O'Neil will probably fall to the 2nd round. My buddies at RLR told me so. :)

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Epsilon said:
Any team that would make drafting decisions based on what might happen in next year's draft would be pretty much the stupidest team in history.

Well, considering guys like Olesz are centers, it wouldn't be good to also draft center Crosby. Malkin, though, goes #2 in the real draft because he's alot more talented than eveyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad