Pre-Game Talk: The Western Swing! | Leafs @ Flames | Sunday @ 4pmEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What were they thinking scheduling this against the NFL Championship Sunday? Pretty poorly thought out.
I wonder if they would have switched times if the AFC game was on at the same time. Doubt it.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Im kinda really digging these divisions... I really think by the end of the year it's going to spark some really interesting rivalries that night last a few seasons after.

They're going to play a bunch and you can tell there's tiny instances where some players and teams have done things that the other won't forget and it's only 7 games in.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Surprised there's no word yet.

No practice yesterday. Since it’s an early game, there won’t be a morning skate either. So we won’t know until game time

Make sure he’s back to 100%. We’ve seen the affect in can have on players playing with minor injuries. They all pile up.

Makes more sense to get them healed now than them linger and possibly get worse closer towards the playoffs

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
With the increased focus on gaming you’d think the NHL would have set time, prior to the first game of the day, for teams to have their lineups submitted.

Reactions: hockeynorth

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Won't need Matthews tonight to win so probably best to make sure he's 100%. I think it would be in the Leafs best interest to try out Brooks, Soup and Engvall with Matthews+Marner just to see what they have prior to Robertson coming back. No point trading assets when your internal options might be capable playing with that talent.

D00bis

Jan 15, 2019
Expecting a big game from Brodie he’s been fine so far but would like to see him contribute more offensively.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Barabanov is useless. At least try Joe Anderson there and see what happens
I said this a few games ago and some people didn't love the statement haha guy brings nothing. No special teams, no physicality. Would love to see Joey Anderson get a chance with Jumbo and Robertson out! I think Boyd might be in tonight? And maybe Matty is back. So Brooks and Barabonov sit in all likelihood if Boyd does draw in. But I think Anderson as a young kid with upside should get a look sooner than later

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
What were they thinking scheduling this against the NFL Championship Sunday? Pretty poorly thought out.
I'll just be missing Brady vs Rodgers. Sucks, but I'm a Bills fan (always been a fan of my most "local team" for all sports)...so it'll work out not bad for me. Leafs game will be wrapping up as the Bills vs Chiefs game is about to start. Good day ahead for me!

Reactions: ACC1224

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I'll just be missing Brady vs Rodgers. Sucks, but I'm a Bills fan (always been a fan of my most "local team" for all sports)...so it'll work out not bad for me. Leafs game will be wrapping up as the Bills vs Chiefs game is about to start. Good day ahead for me!
I’m a Packers fan. So I’ll be watching both games at same time. Gonna be a busy afternoon.

Reactions: Nylander88

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Got a sick feeling that Matthews is gone for a while which is why Friedman mentioned Toronto on the lookout for a forward due to LTIR.

He got hurt against Montreal in front of the net when Chariot was cross checking him. You could see Matthews in pain on the bench and all the agent stuff came out right after that game which seems to indicate it may have done some damage.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
No conflict of interest for me today. I'll watch the Leaf game and then the Bills game.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I said this a few games ago and some people didn't love the statement haha guy brings nothing. No special teams, no physicality. Would love to see Joey Anderson get a chance with Jumbo and Robertson out! I think Boyd might be in tonight? And maybe Matty is back. So Brooks and Barabonov sit in all likelihood if Boyd does draw in. But I think Anderson as a young kid with upside should get a look sooner than later

With all due respect, if you said that a couple games ago, when Barabanov has only played 3 games, you would have then been judging him off of 1 single game with 5-6 minutes of ice-time. Maybe Barabanov isn't an NHL player. However, even now, it's far too soon to say. He showed a bit more fiestyness last game. He is a player that can be slowly integrated into the penalty kill as well.

However, I do agree that guys like Boyd and Anderson should get games in, rotating with the likes of Barabanov, Brooks, Engvall and even Spezza. Heck, give Petan and Agostino looks before the AHL season begins. Other than Spezza, who will play more than he doesn't, there's no harm in rotating in any of those guys for games, and seeing who stands out, especially with Thornton and Robertson both out for a month.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Going against the NFL, this is the first game I'll have to miss live. Annoying.

Hope Matthews is back. Interested to see how the lineup looks if he returns.

I'm just gonna record both NFL games and the Leafs so I won't miss a thing. Start watching the NFL, then when the Leafs play that will be the priority but continuing with NFL during intermissions. I'll probably catch up and be watching the Bills live by 7:30/8 or so.

Watching like this rocks, I miss all the intermissions and commercials, just non stop action. I'll miss the Raptor game but whatever.

I think Calgary wins this one. It's the 7th game of the season and we know how the Leafs do in game 7s.

Yeah but maybe this will be the year that that changes. I know we've been saying that for years now but it's gotta be true one of these years, right? Right?? Right???

Won't need Matthews tonight to win so probably best to make sure he's 100%. I think it would be in the Leafs best interest to try out Brooks, Soup and Engvall with Matthews+Marner just to see what they have prior to Robertson coming back. No point trading assets when your internal options might be capable playing with that talent.

LOL WUT? We could easily win or lose with or without Matthews.

Reactions: Jmo89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad