The Werenski Dream is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Wolverines slappies? Classy.

you know what? I’m an unabashed Wolverine slap. You know who else was? Bob Ufer. He was awesome. Man sounded like he needed Michigan to win or else someone was gonna blow him away. I hope to have that much passion like he has for U-M football for anything ever in my life.

I don’t get why being a homer is a bad thing.

Reactions: SoupNazi

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Well, I live in NW Ohio and go to SE Michigan all the time.

The only discernible difference is the preponderance of billboards advertising "CBD Emporium" and "Pot Marijuana Paradise" once I cross our northern border.

Not unrelated, I predict that differences will become more stark in the coming years, as visits will soon feature increased numbers of apparently homeless people shambling around aimlessly, and more shoeless men living under overpasses and offering hand-js for $12 worth of bud.

Keep it classy, Michitucky.

Says the guy who lives in Northern West Virginia. Sorry you're such puritans down there you can't embrace the benefits of legal weed...maybe it would help the craven desires of all the pill-billies down there. I speak as a native Ohioan. I'm sure my response to your repugnant post will be the one to get flagged, but whatever.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Says the guy who lives in Northern West Virginia. Sorry you're such puritans down there you can't embrace the benefits of legal weed...maybe it would help the craven desires of all the pill-billies down there. I speak as a native Ohioan. I'm sure my response to your repugnant post will be the one to get flagged, but whatever.

Repugnant? Well, I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I thought this was a light-hearted bit of cross-border roasting.

Northern West Virginia? NW Ohio is closer to Michigan than it is WV, both geographically and culturally. I'm 15 miles from the Michigan border. And while drugs are a scourge everywhere, it's not as bad in this area as it is in southern Ohio, where it's as catastrophically bad as it is in Detroit.

That's actually the point I was originally making -- the comment to which I originally replied implied that the border between the states is a stark transition between two very different places. Hillsdale County Michigan is not very different from Williams County Ohio. Now, Hillsdale County and Wayne County, those are two very different places.

Re. the benefits of legal pot marijuana...Sure, Jan. I would say that anyone who suggests there's a net positive for society from the legalization of pot marijuana, is either completely unfamiliar with the modern-day form of pot marijuana (compared to what was available in the 70s and 80s), or they're way too familiar with it, if you know what I mean. There are plenty of images and video available online, of tent cities, people staggering around with their minds destroyed by various drugs, plenty of data on the economic carnage wrought by legalization in the cities and states where it's been tried. There's nothing puritanical about facing that reality.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Look, Ohio sucks, there's no way around it. If you're an uncultured, boomer-esque cretin, or adjacent, you may disagree I guess.

Pot should be legal everywhere. And it eventually will be. Pitch a tent and stay a while.

Werenski is awesome and good for him getting that contract. Go Blue.

/endthread

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Repugnant? Well, I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I thought this was a light-hearted bit of cross-border roasting.

Northern West Virginia? NW Ohio is closer to Michigan than it is WV, both geographically and culturally. I'm 15 miles from the Michigan border. And while drugs are a scourge everywhere, it's not as bad in this area as it is in southern Ohio, where it's as catastrophically bad as it is in Detroit.

That's actually the point I was originally making -- the comment to which I originally replied implied that the border between the states is a stark transition between two very different places. Hillsdale County Michigan is not very different from Williams County Ohio. Now, Hillsdale County and Wayne County, those are two very different places.

Re. the benefits of legal pot marijuana...Sure, Jan. I would say that anyone who suggests there's a net positive for society from the legalization of pot marijuana, is either completely unfamiliar with the modern-day form of pot marijuana (compared to what was available in the 70s and 80s), or they're way too familiar with it, if you know what I mean. There are plenty of images and video available online, of tent cities, people staggering around with their minds destroyed by various drugs, plenty of data on the economic carnage wrought by legalization in the cities and states where it's been tried. There's nothing puritanical about facing that reality.

you ever seen this documentary?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Look, Ohio sucks, there's no way around it. If you're an uncultured, boomer-esque cretin, or adjacent, you may disagree I guess.

Pot should be legal everywhere. And it eventually will be. Pitch a tent and stay a while.

Werenski is awesome and good for him getting that contract. Go Blue.

/endthread

@MBH To answer your earlier question about Ohio, see the above statement.

It is known.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

/endthread

I am not particularly into the Michigan V. Ohio rivalry, and I lived in both Ohio and Pennsylvania for a while in 2017-2018 for travel contract work, in both rural and urban settings.

Both places were absolutely terrible, for different reasons. Ohio felt like a place where hope goes to die.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

Oops, my bad! I didn't realize that suggesting the denziens of one's locale willing to prostitute themselves for a pithy of weed (which only happens in the minds of puritans who ascribe to the validity of propaganda, such as "Reefer Madness") passes for light-hearted reparté. There's that acerbic Ohio wit at work!

As to the "scourge" of legal weed; I'm sure there are plenty of pundits that have made a case where problems arise where it is legalized. The problem is, they ignore other socio-economic factors such as the widening wealth gap, outsourced jobs, etc. I'm sure someone could make a nice bell curve on the argument but it amounts to the famous correlation that homicides go up as ice cream sales go up. You scuttled your own argument saying there is footage of people whacked out on "various drugs". Show me someone who ruined their life on weed and I'll show you 10 more that ruined it with alcohol.

As for the difference between strains from the past and present; I'm familiar and it's all good Holmes:thumbu: No descent to the gutter then or now.

Edit: the Northern West Virginia reference is not about geography, but mentality. If you want to be literal though (which is funny after your Michitucky reference, we all know Ohio is closer to Kentucky) Ohio IS the bridge to Kentucky for us. (No offense to anyone in Athens Ohio: you are the crown jewel of the state and I love visiting the area).

Last edited:

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

Is this a joke?
Why are people taking this state-pride vs state-hatred so f***ing seriously?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
plenty of data on the economic carnage wrought by legalization in the cities and states where it's been tried.

The Data On Legalizing Weed

Legalization didn't seem to substantially affect crime rates — Proponents of legalizing weed claimed it would reduce violent crimes. Opponents said it would increase violent crimes. A study by the CATO Institute finds, "Overall, violent crime has neither soared nor plummeted in the wake of marijuana legalization."

Legalization seems to have little or no effect on traffic accidents and fatalities — Opponents of marijuana legalization argued it would wreak havoc on the road. A few studies have found that's not the case. Economists Benjamin Hansen, Keaton S. Miller & Caroline Weber, for instance, found evidence suggesting it had no effect on trends in traffic fatalities in both Colorado and Washington.

Legalization has created jobs. Lots of jobs — A new report by Leafly and Whitney Economics finds the marijuana industry is booming. In 2020 alone, they calculate, it created 77,000 jobs. Across the country, there are about 321,000 jobs in the legal marijuana industry. That's more than the mining industry.

Legalization is good for state budgets — Tax revenue from legal recreational marijuana has surpassed everyone's expectations. Colorado usually collects more than $20 million a month. In 2020, the state collected a total of $387 million. The California government collects more than $50 million a month. You can find similar stories in other states that have legalized.

Legalization may be good for states' workers' comp programs — A new working paper by economists Rahi Abouk, Keshar M. Ghimire, Johanna Catherine Maclean and David Powell finds that states that legalized recreational marijuana saw a significant decline in the use of their worker compensation systems. They estimate that the number of workers aged 40-62 who received income from workers comp fell by about 20 percent following legalization. Evidence suggests that the reason for the decline is that marijuana provides "an additional form of pain management therapy" that reduces use of opioids, which are highly addictive and can be much more debilitating. Marijuana's effect on reducing opioid abuse has been documented in other studies.

Carnage wrought, indeed.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Is this a joke?
Why are people taking this state-pride vs state-hatred so f***ing seriously?

Okay, I'm the one who responded to someone slagging Michigan but you call me out for it. That makes perfect sense coming from someone who actively tries to stir the pot without provocation on a near daily basis. Why don't you stick to your own hot takes.

Is your post a joke? Why are you taking my response so f***ing seriously? I haven't seen you this riled since the Nick f***king Leddy trade.

Edit: did you happen to notice I mentioned I'm from Blowhio? I spent 2 decades in that dump so I can hate the f*** out of it to my black heart's content.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaster

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Oops, my bad! I didn't realize that suggesting the denziens of one's locale willing to prostitute themselves for a pithy of weed (which only happens in the minds of puritans who ascribe to the validity of propaganda, such as "Reefer Madness") passes for light-hearted reparté. There's that acerbic Ohio wit at work!

As to the "scourge" of legal weed; I'm sure there are plenty of pundits that have made a case where problems arise where it is legalized. The problem is, they ignore other socio-economic factors such as the widening wealth gap, outsourced jobs, etc. I'm sure someone could make a nice bell curve on the argument but it amounts to the famous correlation that homicides go up as ice cream sales go up. You scuttled your own argument saying there is footage of people whacked out on "various drugs". Show me someone who ruined their life on weed and I'll show you 10 more that ruined it with alcohol.

As for the difference between strains from the past and present; I'm familiar and it's all good Holmes:thumbu: No descent to the gutter then or now.

Edit: the Northern West Virginia reference is not about geography, but mentality. If you want to be literal though (which is funny after your Michitucky reference, we all know Ohio is closer to Kentucky) Ohio IS the bridge to Kentucky for us. (No offense to anyone in Athens Ohio: you are the crown jewel of the state and I love visiting the area).

Eloquent, *denizen* aside, well thought out, board approves. :thumbu:

100% on the alcohol vs. the scawy devil's cactus

(couch lock slowly raises hand)

but what about the mind rape? gorilla panic? alien invasion? There's some strong stuff out there.
:D :)

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Okay, I'm the one who responded to someone slagging Michigan but you call me out for it. That makes perfect sense. Why don't you stick to your own

Here he is pictured in the red blazer pulling your post out of the dirt.

c0486043-800px-wm.jpg

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I live next to a tent city, actually. We don't have legalized weed.

Sooo... might be something else at work.

No. That tent city suceeded from Minnesota and called itself "Newfreeland". It's all in the effort to legalize weed under their own self governance. There is no possible other explanation.

Oh yeah, I'm all good with Werenski not coming here, to stay on topic.

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
No. That tent city suceeded from Minnesota and called itself "Newfreeland". It's all in the effort to legalize weed under their own self governance. There is no possible other explanation.

I think Zach Werenski is a dirty traitor and should be dealt with at a drumhead trial at the next Michigan alumni meeting.

Reactions: RabidBadger

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

Seceded, RB. Seceded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad