The Werenski Dream is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Ah well, it would have been glorious but we've got a rock solid top 3 and some great prospects who will fight it out for that final top 4 spot. We should also be well below the cap once our window opens.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Headshot_of_Aleksander_Barkov.jpg

I guess we now pivot to Barkov or Bust in Free agency!
25 yo number 1 Centre, UFA next year.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I always thought of it as wishful thinking to begin with.

An athlete's main goal is to cash in. He can play Hungry Hungry Hippos with Dylan in the offseason.

yeah it would have essentially required him to hold off on signing a long term deal for the next couple years

could have happened I suppose, but that's a lot of risk for an athlete to take on when he could get injured at any time

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Happy for him to get that kind of deal, I doubt Yzerman was going to give him that much and Columbus really needed to. We will see how their rebuild goes, he can force his way out down the road, but I am not really rooting for that. The Jackets could use a win with a big player and it seems they finally got one here. Guessing he gets the C in Columbus now too.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Well there goes that option. I guess there's the possibility of a trade down the line. But now I wouldn't want him without some retainment lol. I guess we'll see where the Wings and Jackets are in a few years and if the cap situation makes his contract more palatable in years 4-6.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Kinda gutted. I wanted Werenski something fierce. Well, he can still be traded for in a year or two when Columbus goes back to blowing it all up again.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad