Injury Report: The Eddy Punch Clock Memorial Infirmary Thread

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Starting to wonder if he signed knowing this is what was going to happen. And I wouldn’t blame him one bit
Think any player with multiple concussions hopes that they don't suffer another one. But, he did, so now he's going to have to go through the recovery process. No amount of money should be worth your health. If he is able to get a clean bill of health and has no symptoms down the line, then he'll have to decide if the risk of potentially suffering another one and dealing with the effects of it are going to be worth it.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
So, Boeser with torn rib cartilage. He's been out a week or two. Will be reassessed in 3 weeks. These are the types of injuries that can linger and be painful with any activity that engages the core....like shooting the puck...
I'm guessing their goal is to get him back for the playoffs.

Reactions: supercanuck

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
So, Boeser with torn rib cartilage. He's been out a week or two. Will be reassessed in 3 weeks. These are the types of injuries that can linger and be painful with any activity that engages the core....like shooting the puck...
I'm guessing their goal is to get him back for the playoffs.

Now it's rest of the regular season. Changes by the minute, but sounds like salary cap shenanigans.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
I know that but how it is cap shenanigans?

Can't be sure. Just that usually when the "Kane loophole" is mentioned they usually talk about how Chicago kept Kane out longer than needed to fit in a new acquisition at the deadline.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Man you better stick with your gun this time and stop flip flopping
Yeah or I will end up like you. So I thought you were oficially done with this team again since last season Billy? Hows that going for ya :facepalm:

Ive been happy and suprised with this season, annoyed at Bennings mistakes that have cost this team to move beyond its current level due to years of awful awful contracts. I really really hope Im wrong about this trade but this has the makings for a all time disaster trade if some things happen: 1 Toffoli does not resign here 2 Canucks miss the playoffs 3 We miss the playoffs next year handing the Devils a top notch pick

None of these things had to happen but here we are. Now i have to hope and cheer against my prediction

Last edited:

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Yeah or I will end up like you. So I thought you were oficially done with this team again since last season Billy? Hows that going for ya :facepalm:

Ive been happy and suprised with this season, annoyed at Bennings mistakes that have cost this team to move beyond its current level due to years of awful awful contracts. I really really hope Im wrong about this trade but this has the makings for a all time disaster trade if some things happen: 1 Toffoli does not resign here 2 Canucks miss the playoffs 3 We miss the playoffs next year handing the Devils a top notch pick

None of these things had to happen but here we are. Now i have to hope and cheer against my prediction
When did I ever say I was done

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Initially Brock was supposed to miss three weeks.....then according to Jimbo, he was going to miss the rest of the regular season....now we're being told that the reason they couldn't acquire Simmonds for the sixth rounder that Buffalo gave Jersey, is because Brock might be back early.

Frankly I'm going to just give up listening to any official declaration from the Canucks about injuries....either they, or their doctors, seem to prefer a disinformation campaign to anything remotely resembling the facts.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I don't believe for a second Benning's smart enough to juggle the cap like that. I do believe even he wouldn't be stupid enough to try it with a major player like Boeser when the team's in the middle of its first playoff push in 5 years.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I may have missed it but was there ever an update on Markstrom? If I remember correctly they initially said there would be one last wednesday.

Tryforthekingdom

Nov 15, 2015
I may have missed it but was there ever an update on Markstrom? If I remember correctly they initially said there would be one last wednesday.
He underwent a procedure and will be reevaluated in two weeks. But no change from the initial forecast of 3-4 weeks, I believe.

Reactions: Peter10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad