Post-Game Talk: The WC dream is still alive, BIG 3-2 OTW win by Matheson, Lu with a strong performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
No they don’t. Dec 4-11 the last two games of those he was a sub.900. Your wrong. Every time he plays every other day he throws up a stinker. Roberto Luongo Stats and News
See the game log

And his games vs. Detroit and Boston? Don't cherry pick because you don't like stats that fly in the face of your nonsense remarks. The FACT is Lu posts his best numbers, on average, when he can play for stretches uninterrupted.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I love the Bjugstad play on that Panthers 2nd goal. I bet vendetta doesn't think he made no mistake there. That hockey IQ again

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Thank goodness we traded big nick. However I think we are gonna regret trading McCann.

Depends what happens this summer. He is definitely replaceable at this point in time, but I do agree he was probably the best asset in the trade in terms of potential. I don't see him ever being more than a 3rd line guy, though, and realistically he was just getting in the way of Borg, Tippett, Hepo, etc.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Instances in which Lu started 4+ straight games:

Dec. 4-Dec.11: 1-2-1
Dec.15-Dec.22: 3-1-0

Save percentage across those two extended periods in net:

93.12%

With 4-3-1 record, good for 1.125 standings points per game, which would put us at 59 points right now, or within realistic shooting distance of the wildcard.

Reality? You're such a prick with your proclamations.

You're so wrong...and let me tell you why:

1- You can't take two short stretches and make it like it was one long stretches of games.

2- How is 1-2-1 any good? SO against Boston and then 3 losses with SV % Under .900

3- Went 3-1 later in december. Nothing to write home about. And if you want talk about stats and SV %, let me point out that during this "stretch" he's had games with .906 and .773.

4- Taking these 2 stretches of games to extrapolate over a complete season is just...stupid, in all respect.

I'm not a big fan of Bob Boughner, but he's not a complete idiot. If Luongo was good enough to be a real #1, coach would let him play 70% of the games.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
You're so wrong...and let me tell you why:

1- You can't take two short stretches and make it like it was one long stretches of games.

2- How is 1-2-1 any good? SO against Boston and then 3 losses with SV % Under .900

3- Went 3-1 later in december. Nothing to write home about. And if you want talk about stats and SV %, let me point out that during this "stretch" he's had games with .906 and .773.

4- Taking these 2 stretches of games to extrapolate over a complete season is just...stupid, in all respect.

I'm not a big fan of Bob Boughner, but he's not a complete idiot. If Luongo was good enough to be a real #1, coach would let him play 70% of the games.

1- yes, I can

2- I never said 1-2-1 was good

3- I'm pointing out averages. You're cherry picking individual games because you don't like what his average bears.

4- when I have schmucks like vendetta blaming only the goalies this season, then I will point to Lu's two longest stretches which indicate better performance at that position when a commitment is made from Boughner, who is an idiot for rotating goalies when no successful team does

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
1- yes, I can

2- I never said 1-2-1 was good

3- I'm pointing out averages. You're cherry picking individual games because you don't like what his average bears.

4- when I have schmucks like vendetta blaming only the goalies this season, then I will point to Lu's two longest stretches which indicate better performance at that position when a commitment is made from Boughner, who is an idiot for rotating goalies when no successful team does

I think that you're the one that is cherry picking.

I could do the game thing as you did, but with losing stretches.

For example: between 11/13 and 11/23: 0-4 and average SV % at .838

between 12/6 and 12/11: 0-3 and average SV % at .871

How is Luongo looking now?

No successful teams rotate their goalies because every successful teams have actual #1 goalie. We don't, plain and simple.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
I think that you're the one that is cherry picking.

I could do the game thing as you did, but with losing stretches.

For example: between 11/13 and 11/23: 0-4 and average SV % at .838

between 12/6 and 12/11: 0-3 and average SV % at .871

How is Luongo looking now?

No successful teams rotate their goalies because every successful teams have actual #1 goalie. We don't, plain and simple.

I specifically chose Luongo's two longest stretches of uninterrupted starts to point out that such a commitment from Boughner improves Lu's per game averages and improves the team's standings points per game. Unlike you, I didn't choose random stretches to be an ass.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I specifically chose Luongo's two longest stretches of uninterrupted starts to point out that such a commitment from Boughner improves Lu's per game averages and improves the team's standings points per game. Unlike you, I didn't choose random stretches to be an ass.

Between 11/13 and 11/23 the team played 6 games. Luongo played 4

Between 12/6 and 12/11 Luong played all 3 games

So I don't get you point. You took stretches of 4 games. I did the same thing with 4 and 3 games. Now you will tell me that Luongo sucked between 11/13 and 11/23 because he skipped 2 games during that stretch?

You make no sense

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
And his games vs. Detroit and Boston? Don't cherry pick because you don't like stats that fly in the face of your nonsense remarks. The FACT is Lu posts his best numbers, on average, when he can play for stretches uninterrupted.
Two games? Lmao. Cherry picking stats much? U laid out the dates and games and I destroyed your argument. I never picked them. Next

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
And at the end of those two stretches that u cherry picked the the last couple games were trash. Meaning his play deteriorate like I said .

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Why doesnt make matheson an LW? His Offensive skill are better then his defensive skill. and with starting in the Defensive Game, he could be a good 2 Way Player.
But i get more and more the feeling. Matheson shouldn´t be a defensman, he should be a forward and in addition to his upcoming offensive skills, he would be a real speedy Winger.

He helps us much more in the O-zone then in the D-Zone.
The most interisting thing yesterday Game was, when Matheson hold the Puck behind our own Net. That was one of the rare forecheck kessel did for the Pens. My first Guess is, Matheson is already a marked Player in the League as panic on forecheck or giveaway the Puck under pressure. Im not a former Hockey Player, im only a Fan who can think normal. When this already makes the Round in the League he will have a more tougher Time in the League. But Forwards get foregiven for bad plays most of the Time, cause they are no Defensman.

The other thing that makes me a bit laugh and smile, when Bjugstad had a few chances. Also with some space and able to score. You hear it from the commentary, Bjugstad miss the Puck, Bjugstad missed his chance, Bjugstad lost the Puck in the Battle and my first thought was. That is something i can remember pretty good, cause i heard it a lot of Times the last Years, but in that Times he played for us. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->