TV: The Walking Dead | S8 | PART IV | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
They could've left us with a blurry picture of a dozen heads on spikes, but not identified them until next season... at least they didn't pull that crap.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
I didn't mind the episode but it shouldn't have been the Season Finale.

All I've come away thinking is the group have had struggles and are battling the winter, they don't know where the Whisperers are and haven't heard from them in a while. The Whisperers are a long way from the area around the Kingdom/Hilltop/Alexandria and currently pose zero threat.

The most interesting part of the episode was the last 3 seconds with the radio. The rest of it wasn't necessarily bad it just didn't fit into what a Season Finale tends to be, I mean.. a snowball fight in a Season Finale? I don't want to sound like I'm moaning or being over critical, I'm content with the episode in itself but when you apply the fact it was a Season Finale it did disappoint.

I'm annoyed we now have to wait until October again before seeing any more, I wish the break would be reduced with the show running October to late May as 7 months is a pretty long time and it's quite frustrating.

Excited to see how the whisperers will make their return to the area and re-introduce themselves, excited to see how Negan's relationship with the group will develop, excited to find out who was on the other end of the radio.. There's lots to look forward to.

I do find myself missing Rick quite often though, I have no clue how the story with the Whisperers will go but I'd love for there to be some kind of scene where Negan is about to have his head put on a pike with other key characters tied up also waiting to be piked and then Rick comes along with his trusty Python and Morgan, then saves the day. That's just me though. I'm quite proud and sentimental of the fact Andrew Lincoln is British and played the lead in such a huge global show for so long.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Finally got around to watching the last few episodes of the season. I know this show has its hardcore fans who are along for the ride no matter what. I will probably watch next season but may just wait for it to finish and then binge the whole thing. Maybe I'm too lame, but without Rick it just feels like there's nothing keeping me watching. I waited like 6 weeks between some episodes late in the season and I only really got back to it because I ran into some unexpected free time.

They try so hard, but there's no soul in it anymore. And we finally see a freaking winter. Only took a decade of watching sweaty always summer to see what it's like for them. And yeah, whoever asked about the Whisperers. I'm sure we'll find out they live in a cave or some crap but how do these wanderers survive harsh winter weather? Was not sad to see Henry's story finish though. Such a one dimensional boring character.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
The lack of comments regarding the S10 Premiere seems quite telling of its quality.

*There are some spoilers below.*

The premiere was 50/50 for me, I liked parts of it but other parts were awful. I had to remind myself it was TWD at a few points, it seems to be a new world medieval western at this point. Then there was the satellite falling from space and setting the forest on the Whisperers side of the boundary on fire. We see at several different points and angles, the satellite entering the atmosphere, hundreds of miles above.. yet it lands about a kilometre from Oceanside. Yeah, right.

It can surely only get better. But then I saw the teaser for next weekend. Focusing back on when Alpha and Beta met... exactly what we wanted.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
I thought the premiere was OK. I'm excited to see Kevin Carroll in the show. I liked him in The Leftovers (fantastic show). Also heard Thora Birch is playing a Whisperer. I really only know her from American Beauty and Ghost World...

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Wow, I can't believe I haven't watched this series since the beginning of season 7 and it is still trucking along.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad