TV: The Walking Dead | S8 | PART IV | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Speaking of, Enid's boo? White male. Soon to be killed.

That was so random too.

I guess with the 6 year time jump, that would make Enid like 21 or 22, but like a season ago she was 15 or 16 and making out with Carl, and now she’s with like a 30+ year old.

I had to do a double take

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
How is Darryl still driving...? Time jump and all and there is still usable gasoline?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
How is Darryl still driving...? Time jump and all and there is still usable gasoline?

It does seem unusual that Daryl’s bike works but everyone else isn’t driving and purely using horse and carriage

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Weren't they producing pure ethanol or whatever?

I don't recall that conversation in the show, would have to rewatch some. I am no mechanic but if you could get a motorcycle to burn ethanol could you not retrofit a larger vehicle to do the same so they could move without horses and carts?

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I don't recall that conversation in the show, would have to rewatch some. I am no mechanic but if you could get a motorcycle to burn ethanol could you not retrofit a larger vehicle to do the same so they could move without horses and carts?
Or better yet get a prius and plug it in at Alexandrias' solar chargers.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Before the time jump Maggie's people definitely traded fuel to the Sanctuary folks.

My guess is motorcycle uses much less gas so it is less of an issue. But the point remains that it's unlikely only the one dude is riding a motor vehicle.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Or better yet get a prius and plug it in at Alexandrias' solar chargers.

Good point, though I feel the southern USA might now be the easiest place to find an electric car.

Though I guess they are in Virginia right now right? So they are more mid-east now, so maybe

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not a surprise renewal but halfway through the season seems pretty late, which means it must not be the slam dunk re-up it once was.

The show was renewed in Season 9 last January. Season 8 and prior was always renewed in October though, so the renewal is getting later.

Which isn't shocking. Their ratings in 9A were the lowest since Season 1. By the end of 9B, the way things are trending, it might be the lowest ratings ever.

Unless something drastic happens, they will continue dropping in S10 as well.

As soon as Andrew Lincoln said he was done, they should have built an end plan for Season 9.

Reactions: glovesave_35

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
The show was renewed in Season 9 last January. Season 8 and prior was always renewed in October though, so the renewal is getting later.

Which isn't shocking. Their ratings in 9A were the lowest since Season 1. By the end of 9B, the way things are trending, it might be the lowest ratings ever.

Unless something drastic happens, they will continue dropping in S10 as well.

As soon as Andrew Lincoln said he was done, they should have built an end plan for Season 9.
Kind of a shame since this season has been much better than the previous 2, but losing Rick will cause that regardless of the quality

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
That’s great news in my eyes. She’s been an abysmal (written) character the last few years.
Cancel the show and bring on the TV movies!
I don't think Michonne has been a terribly written character for a few years, however her complete change in persona after the time jump was odd (and annoying to me).

But seriously, how in the hell is she supposed to join Rick in his post-helicopter ride world?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't think Michonne has been a terribly written character for a few years, however her complete change in persona after the time jump was odd (and annoying to me).

But seriously, how in the hell is she supposed to join Rick in his post-helicopter ride world?

I assume the helicopter comes back, lands and they find and take Michonne away.

It’s so stupid though

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
A couple decent scenes, short as they may have been. Too many filler segments and i think more than 1 with absolutely zero dialogue or plot involvement.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Am I supposed to believe a Cane Corso dog couldnt handle or get away from one walker? lol, I guess not as bad as a Tiger not being able to just plow through a half dozen rotting walkers.

The show is better than the past 2 seasons but yeah....I think 10 will be enough.

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
Mid-Season Premiere just aired here In the UK.

I'm actually pretty happy and excited with it. I haven't read the comics so I don't know what's going to happen and I don't read spoilers so perhaps I enjoy it more because of that?

I enjoy the dialog between Negan and Judith.. how good an actor is the girl who plays Judith by the way! It's fun to see a character like Negan, brutal yet likeable and hateable at the same time is completely controlled and made a fool of by a little girl. I'm excited to see how Negan's character develops over the rest of the season, I don't know if he's going to attempt to work his way to become part of the community in Alexandria or if he's going to deceive everyone and do something shocking later down the line. I'm not sure what I'd prefer to see either!

I enjoyed watching Negan on his short adventure in the open world, it reminded me of early Walking Dead days, looking for the clothes, the food and having literally nothing but the clothes on his back and the pipe. I wasn't expecting his trip to end with Judith shooting at him out in the open road, but I quite liked that and their conversation that followed.

As for the Whisperers, they excite me a lot because it feels different to the typical group vs. group conflict we've seen previously. Every time I see a walker on screen I'm questioning whether or not its a genuine walker or a Whisperer.. it gives suspense and when you see characters dealing with walkers who aren't aware of the Whisperers, I find that exciting too. Daryl playing badass to get information from the Whisperer they captured (Lydia?) was fun to see and then when they showed the scene where Alpha was introduced and we see the extend of how large a group the Whisperers are.. yet Daryl and the rest believe they're a small group at this point. How will they fight them? Will the Whisperers slowly pick off members of Hill Top?

I'm excited to see how things go.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I briefly checked it out.

Does every single person on the set have to be a fine arts graduate?

That cannon would have broke Judiths' wrists and most likely knocked her out. I've known men who hurt themselves because they didn't respect the kick...unless they were blanks...extremely weak-assed blanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad