TV: The Walking Dead | S8 | PART IV | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
I was just thinking about how long has it been since the outbreak at his point? Over 12 years now? How are there so many zombies still around with the weather, elements, and decay?

They wouldnt be able to. This world is ripe for animals to rule. Even birds would have a field day with the walkers. Large predators would pick them off. They re decaying. They can barely move as we saw with them not being able to catch up to a stumbling and walking Rick.

But this show is so ridiculous that they had a mature, fully healthy TIGER get taken out by about 8 rotted walkers. You could line up hundreds of the walkers and they wouldnt be able to handle a Tiger. It was ridiculous.

Meanwhile Tyreese in like season 3 or something came out of a herd of them with just his hands and some blunt object he was holding.

Reactions: SimR

DaBadGuy316

May 26, 2007
VanCity
Nothing is happening! The pace is way to slow. I don't give a shit about a violin. Let's get going with these "talking" walkers ffs.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I really liked yesterdays episode. Just watched it earlier.

I have really liked the feel of the show this season. Kang has done a marvelous job. Next episode it looks like the talking walkers are going to be fully revealed, which is awesome. I love how it appears Rosita and Eugene are like, scarred from it as well. It feels like they are adding a strong psychological element to the story, which I love.

I'm still cautiously optimistic, and taking it episode by episode, but Kang was put into a tough spot based on what Gimple did, and Lincoln leaving, and she's done an excellent job, all things considered.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Midseason finale already. The first few episodes of this season were painfully slow. And of course we were all just waiting to find out how Rick would be written out because of the worst kept secret in Hollywood since forever.

This last episode was nice having no little kid in a starring role. But they really wasted an opportunity with Carol's adopted son. They should have aged him a bit more and given the role to a more developed actor. He could have been a "new" character of interest. The head strong boy stuff is really not interesting to me.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Midseason finale already. The first few episodes of this season were painfully slow. And of course we were all just waiting to find out how Rick would be written out because of the worst kept secret in Hollywood since forever.

This last episode was nice having no little kid in a starring role. But they really wasted an opportunity with Carol's adopted son. They should have aged him a bit more and given the role to a more developed actor. He could have been a "new" character of interest. The head strong boy stuff is really not interesting to me.

It technically is a new actor. The older brother of the actor who played the young Henry, IIRC

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Henry calling them his parents is cheesy.

This season has been good so far...can't believe they f***ed up all out war

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
It technically is a new actor. The older brother of the actor who played the young Henry, IIRC
I know he is a new actor. They should have given the role to someone older. He has to be like 16 at least. That kid may be 16 but he doesn't act like he lived through this post-apocalyptic world for that long.

Really it just adds to the feeling that the only thing that aged 6 years is Judith.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I know production is filmed entirely in Georgia, but wouldn't it be cool to see the group trying to survive during the wintertime? I think that would add another level of terror and suspense for the survivors having to deal with the extreme winter weather while searching for food and fighting off walkers--which would be much more difficult to do in those elements. Must have some long ass summers down there in Virginia :sarcasm:

TomPlex

Jan 24, 2006
www.dermamode.com
Wow, shit just got interesting. That was a really cool way to announce the Whisperers to the group by ducking the attack. Kind of bummed that Negan got loose as I'm worried that the Savior storyline is going to come back in some way.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Is it safe to call these things what they are now or are we still being sensitive about it?

Interesting episode. I'm more intrigued with the show than I thought I'd be after Rick's exit. R.I.P. Jesus. After last week's episode I thought he and Aaron would be a thing lol.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The introduction of The Whisperers was incredibly well done. The show has been pretty good since the reboot of it (which essentially what it was. Carl, Rick, Maggie all gone in the span of less than a season, and a 6 year time jump to boot).

Angela Kang so far is the best show runner they have had since Darabont. Hopefully this quality keeps up.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So based on what we know from the comic about Negan, the right move would have him just never to be seen again after escaping. He'd travel somewhere, try to find a group to climb the ranks in, and then return with a vengeance.

Though I imagine he'll be taken by The Whisperers, the group will do what is right and get Negan back, and then everything will be hunky dory

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
A bizarre survival strategy by the whispers..Upsetting to go that far to sew a face on your head.They could never be trusted because there is no length they won't go to survive.

Feb 24, 2017
Did Jesus not die a little easier than they let some main characters survive on tv sometimes? I know nothing is “just” a stab wound, but are they suggesting his stab wound took out all vital organs or something?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Did Jesus not die a little easier than they let some main characters survive on tv sometimes? I know nothing is “just” a stab wound, but are they suggesting his stab wound took out all vital organs or something?

Based on the stabbing, it went diagonal through his body.

It’s likely it hit some sort of organ or something major where he wouldn’t have made it back to one of the community.

Like Rick, it went through him, but to my knowledge it was straight though and in a place where it’s likely it hit nothing major.

With Jesus, it went all up through his body, so it makes sense.

Reactions: Scott Stevens

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Not missing Rick or Maggie at all

BTW, I think Gurira could totally carry this series.

As the current social/political climate would have it, I don't think white males are long for this show....except Daryl. Losing Daryl would piss off the masses. And maybe Aaron. He's LGBTQ and that wouldn't be a good look.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Not missing Rick or Maggie at all

BTW, I think Gurira could totally carry this series.

As the current social/political climate would have it, I don't think white males are long for this show....except Daryl. Losing Daryl would piss off the masses. And maybe Aaron. He's LGBTQ and that wouldn't be a good look.

I saw this pointed out on some Buzzfeed article or something similar. All the relationships in the show are now non-white or non-hetero. If the couple is straight one or both are minorities.

In light of that, I don't know that they are going to just kill off white males. Nobody could look at this show and say they are anything other than "inclusionary".

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Just watched the mid-season finale. (Still hate the concept of the mid-season finale and that it has become so popular). Anyways, as I sat down to watch it I already knew that Jesus was going to bite it due to the internet making it almost impossible to avoid spoilers. I kind of like that the way he went (long blade through the abdomen/chest) is in some ways allegorical to the Biblical Jesus.

I think the show would have been better off to have him not die though. There have been so many main characters leave the show recently. I know they thought it would maybe add some drama and intensity to the new villain introduction. I just think it was kind of unnecessary. The whisperers are scary enough as it is. And all the "take the leadership role" talk in the last few episodes had me hoping his character would evolve and embrace that role at Hilltop. Now what? Tara is no leader.

I started watching this episode with what felt more like a duty to at least see it through to the halfway point of the season rather than anticipation. I'm left feeling like everything really lacks a keystone. Keystone character, or keystone event to bring everyone together (again). Maybe that is what will happen now that we have the new boogie man.

The only thing of real interest is "what the hell happened during the time jump?" Before, Michonne was all legislator-in-training. Now she is back to not trusting anyone, being distrusted by Hilltop (at least). Current Michonne doesn't seem like someone who would care to keep Negan alive. She seems worried about everything except the fox in the hen house. So, what happened? How was that bridge burned? As a long-time fan of the show, I feel sucked in to a certain extent. I want the answers but I'm not sure I have to watch the show to find them out in the future.

I have a feeling the rest of this season is going to be spent trying to band the settlements together to fight the whisperers. Maybe they will expose the past in doing so, but I think they are going to leave those things for next season, at which time maybe Maggie re-appears in the form of flashbacks so we can get some back story, because we know that she won't be back this season.

The Henry story line is going to really need to pick up to have my attention. All the mistakes he's making right now feels so predictable and obvious. Like I said last week, I think they really messed this one up. This "kid" could have been a new big player, a main story piece. Right now the actor has delivered zero charisma and the character just keeps doing stupid crap that you wouldn't expect of someone who has made it this far in zombie world.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Just watched the mid-season finale. (Still hate the concept of the mid-season finale and that it has become so popular). Anyways, as I sat down to watch it I already knew that Jesus was going to bite it due to the internet making it almost impossible to avoid spoilers. I kind of like that the way he went (long blade through the abdomen/chest) is in some ways allegorical to the Biblical Jesus.

I think the show would have been better off to have him not die though. There have been so many main characters leave the show recently. I know they thought it would maybe add some drama and intensity to the new villain introduction. I just think it was kind of unnecessary. The whisperers are scary enough as it is. And all the "take the leadership role" talk in the last few episodes had me hoping his character would evolve and embrace that role at Hilltop. Now what? Tara is no leader.

I started watching this episode with what felt more like a duty to at least see it through to the halfway point of the season rather than anticipation. I'm left feeling like everything really lacks a keystone. Keystone character, or keystone event to bring everyone together (again). Maybe that is what will happen now that we have the new boogie man.

The only thing of real interest is "what the hell happened during the time jump?" Before, Michonne was all legislator-in-training. Now she is back to not trusting anyone, being distrusted by Hilltop (at least). Current Michonne doesn't seem like someone who would care to keep Negan alive. She seems worried about everything except the fox in the hen house. So, what happened? How was that bridge burned? As a long-time fan of the show, I feel sucked in to a certain extent. I want the answers but I'm not sure I have to watch the show to find them out in the future.

I have a feeling the rest of this season is going to be spent trying to band the settlements together to fight the whisperers. Maybe they will expose the past in doing so, but I think they are going to leave those things for next season, at which time maybe Maggie re-appears in the form of flashbacks so we can get some back story, because we know that she won't be back this season.

The Henry story line is going to really need to pick up to have my attention. All the mistakes he's making right now feels so predictable and obvious. Like I said last week, I think they really messed this one up. This "kid" could have been a new big player, a main story piece. Right now the actor has delivered zero charisma and the character just keeps doing stupid crap that you wouldn't expect of someone who has made it this far in zombie world.

Henry. White male. Will be killed soon. Don't you worry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->