The Walking Dead Game (Telltale Games)

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
I kept up with the first two episodes as soon as they were released, but then lost track. Just beat ep 3, and it reminded me why I loved this game so much. The story telling and emotional investment to the characters is second to none. It's a remarkable game in regards to these aspects.

I've managed to avoid spoilers so far for episodes 4 and 5, but I've heard the finale is amazing.

Great adventure game.

Season 2 I believe was just announced as well, but I've read very little about it to avoid spoilers.

leova

Feb 28, 2008
its a truly epic game, they've done an AMAZING job with it!

The TV series is great also, so rare that you see a GREAT show accompanied by a GREAT game

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
bought it the other day on Steam. completed episodes 1 and 2.

awesome game so far. better than i was expecting.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
It gets better. The last 3 episodes are amazing. Honestly my favorite episodic game that Telltale has done.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
[spoil]can't believe they killed my man Kenny, was boys with him from the start : ([/spoil]

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Should win some GotY award IMO. Amazing story line and you're right, when you're the one making the decisions, you get much more emotionally attached to the characters as the whole story line plays out. The ending was truly amazing and very well done. Can't wait for season 2!

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Bought and played the first 4 episodes.

Accidentally deleted off my hard drive so I never bothered with the 5th episode because all my choices and progress was lost...

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
I kept up with the first two episodes as soon as they were released, but then lost track. Just beat ep 3, and it reminded me why I loved this game so much. The story telling and emotional investment to the characters is second to none. It's a remarkable game in regards to these aspects.

I've managed to avoid spoilers so far for episodes 4 and 5, but I've heard the finale is amazing.

Great adventure game.

Season 2 I believe was just announced as well, but I've read very little about it to avoid spoilers.
Its a great story but seriously....

final-fantasy-facepalm.jpg

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Hard drive got corrupted after beating the fourth episode. Re-played through the first four episodes just so I'd have "my" story for the final segment. Amazing series, hoping like hell we get a second season, and man, what a tear jerker of an ending.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
[spoil]Yeah, it was great. But I was so pissed off when Carley died. I loved her![/spoil]

[spoil]As soon as that happened, I exited the game to see if there was any way to do so. Disappointed when I found out she had to die. That with Duck getting bitten then Katjaa killing herself were both heart wrenching. [/spoil]

Belamorte

Feed Your Head
Nov 14, 2003
North American Scum
Love the game, like you I played the first 2 episodes as they were released then stopped and waited for the rest. I will probably start over soon and do it all as one game (and I dont like zombies/zombie games but this worked for me as a good story).

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
Hate the zombie craze, but I played through episode 1 and it was great. I'm a little worried about the save issues, but looking forward to the rest of it.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
Just finished episode 5, easily one of the most emotional games I've ever played. If there's a game that almost brought me to tears, it was this. What an incredible experience, will definitely be one of the most memorable games ever for me.

[spoil]can't believe they killed my man Kenny, was boys with him from the start : ([/spoil]

[spoil]I was disappointed with this as well, also with the fact that we don't know what happened to Omid and Christa [/spoil]

Last edited:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
[spoil]Well for all we know they may be part of the next season, I'm guessing there's a reason they didn't give us any closure on the Omid and Christa front, even if only to leave people with something to speculate about before they bring the next season around[/spoil]

It's really hard explaining why this game is so good to people, I have a lot of friends who are gamers and I'm like hey check this one out and they ask why is it so good, what sort of game is it and it's difficult to explain that there's really very little skill to it and it's more of an interactive show if anything, but that doesn't do it justice, you can't explain the emotional trip that it is. You can't explain the way that, at least for me, I'd feel self conscience about whether Clemantine was around before I did anything "bad", or the way I felt that I had to be direct with her about what was happening

and then of course, that may be completely different for some people, no doubt some will have felt they needed to shelter Clem when talking to her etc.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Loved the game but for whatever reason, my choices never carried over from previous episodes, it really took away from the expierence for me.

Towers

Speculator
Oct 7, 2008
Speculation Ave
I was definitely enjoying it until it decided to crash, not recognize my saves, and then when I fixed my saves, it completely changed all the prior **** it did.

Thanks Telltale! I sure as **** won't be buying from you again!

An article posted October 12th indicates all these issues with no word from Telltale other than "We're working on it."

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That sucks man. I've never had a problem with TellTale. I have Walking Dead, Back to the Future, and I think they did Sam & Max too.

Towers

Speculator
Oct 7, 2008
Speculation Ave
Gah, I'm so ****ing pissed. I put hours into episode 1 and 2 and all that ****ing progress is gone because I launched the ****ing game with my goddamned mother ****ing 360 controller plugged in?

**** you Telltale.

BeBen*

Gah, I'm so ****ing pissed. I put hours into episode 1 and 2 and all that ****ing progress is gone because I launched the ****ing game with my goddamned mother ****ing 360 controller plugged in?

**** you Telltale.

There's ways to get back saves

One i used when my save was deleted used a program for the timestamps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad