Blue Jays Discussion: The Vladimir Guerrero Jr. injury overreaction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I asked this before and I'm still kind of curious... would you have been ok with the trade if it was Hutchison for Liriano with Pittsburgh retaining half of Liriano's salary?

No. Any trade value they owned - including the ability to take on salary - should have been used exclusively to upgrade the playoffs roster, not add prospects.

We should have been asking them to add a guy like rodriguez oe joyce or one of their RP to that deal, not prospects.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
No. Any trade value they owned - including the ability to take on salary - should have been used exclusively to upgrade the playoffs roster, not add prospects.

We should have been asking them to add a guy like rodriguez oe joyce or one of their RP to that deal, not prospects.

And Rodriguez and Joyce would have made us beat Cleveland?

Its nice to play armchair after the fact. But according to Huntington they were hedging their bets and hoping to stay in the race so who knows if Joyce or Rodriguez was available. They wanted to shed Liriano's salary and got a good deal for Melancon. They still added players for their "playoff race" in Bastardo and LeBlanc. And according to them Hutch was their target.

Last edited:

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
6 games PPD today. That's crazy!

Jays didn't get to play? That's ok, we've got an exciting minor league system to follow!

Buffalo double-header! Postponed.
Vlad n Bo in New Hampshire! Postponed.
Lansing double-header! Postponed.
Pompey and Alford rehabbing in Dunedin! Suspended in the fourth inning.

At least Pompey had nice day going up until that point.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
  • One rival executive estimates that there are “tens of millions” of dollars riding on the health of Blue Jays third baseman Josh Donaldson’s shoulder. Rosenthal posits that the former AL MVP will be much less valuable as a free agent if there are questions surrounding his ability to play third base; much of his value lies in his defensive prowess. Being viewed as a first base/DH type for the bulk of his remaining career could eliminate some NL teams as suitors, and it doesn’t help that Donaldson is about to turn 33.

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Move him to DH and call up Vladdy to play 3B. Also call up Bichette while we are at it :)

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
Apparently ice from the CN tower fell off and hit the Dome today. I wonder if they’ll have to shut down those gates for today
I was just coming here to see if any weather related travel issues could postpone the game today.

This will be brutal if it's postponed again. Epecially for those of us who have no interest in the NHL playoffs and can't stand basketball.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I was just coming here to see if any weather related travel issues could postpone the game today.

This will be brutal if it's postponed again. Epecially for those of us who have no interest in the NHL playoffs and can't stand basketball.

A Nilan not having interest in the Stanley Cup playoffs?

Reactions: nilan30

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

Just before I saw that tweet, I was going to come in and say this is why the Dome is great. Because you know the scheduled game will go on, regardless of the weather. Would have looked foolish to say so. LOL

The ACC seemed to have a leak on Saturday that had some water on the court. Wonder if there are any issues like that for the Leaf game tonight.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Now even the dome is on the DL after being hit by ice. Gosh, it’s not even just the on-field product that’s made of glass :sarcasm:

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
The weather outside may be cold, buy Vladdy and Bo are keeping the fire warm so far. Both are hitting over .350 with OBPs above .420

These guys can flat out hit.

Reactions: supermann_98

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Would the hole present a danger for the game being played? I know there is a danger of more ice falling from the CN Tower and that is limiting the chances to fix it. But, in itself, would the hole be an issue for the game?

Setting aside the danger potentially falling ice would present to patrons coming to the game, but I'm assuming they could close off the side of the stadium near the CN Tower and have fans enter through the other gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->