Blue Jays Discussion: The Vladimir Guerrero Jr. injury overreaction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
System’s looking good....can’t wait to see it after the sell off.
Hoping Alford and Pompey and Tellez pick it up as the season moves along, would be a nice development and make the last couple of months more fun to follow.
Same with Travis and Grichuk, strong finishes would be real nice.

Depending on what Jays get and what the other teams get, Jays could be number 1 or 2 ranked in regards to farm systems.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Several 2018 draft picks in the lineup for the Canadians' home opener tonight, including 4th rounder Sean Wymer.

2018-06-20 18.20.51.jpg

And of course only the finest championship celebration ceremony that Rogers money can buy.
2018-06-20 18.36.41.jpg

Reactions: mcnucker and zeke

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Fresh piping hot take:

Wymer sucks. Podkul sucks. Bec sucks. Will McAffer sucks. Vancouver sucks this year and everything is terrible. Contract them and save Rogers the money.

As I write this they're being no-hit thru 5.1 innings

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

I really do think something was wrong with him physically as well as with Grichuk that appeared to have been deliberately ignored by coaching in April. I think there needs to be a clean sweep of the Jays coaching because this negligence has been going on for a while and as long as it continues, the team is going to go nowhere.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Upside: Podkul no longer sucks as he comes through with a 2 run double

Downside: stadiums still play stuff by Pitbull in 2018...

Hasn't Podkul been like the only really good player for them? He has an OPS higher than 1.2 right now. It's only been like 6 games, but that's still a pretty good streak... Considering nobody else is doing nearly as well.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
How our top prospects did last night

Bo Bichette 2-6 (hitting .281 on the season)
Cavan Biggio 1-3, 2 BBs (hitting .281 on the season)
Kevin Smith 1-5 (hitting .320 on the season)
Danny Jansen 2-4, HR, 2 RBIs (hitting .308 on the season)
Anthony Alford 1-3, BB, SB (hitting .207 on the season)
Rowdy Tellez 0-4 (hitting .259 on the season)
Griffin Conine 0-3, BB

Note: Kevin Smith has hit in 15 of the 17 games he's played for Dunedin including an 11 game hit streak he's currently on

Reactions: Garlando

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Hasn't Podkul been like the only really good player for them? He has an OPS higher than 1.2 right now. It's only been like 6 games, but that's still a pretty good streak... Considering nobody else is doing nearly as well.

I was only saying he sucked because through the first 6 innings nobody had a hit. Or a walk for that matter. So this being my first chance to see any of them, I came to the very reasonable, and very rational conclusion that they all must suck since I had seen all of them suck in 100% of my viewings of them. :sarcasm:

The original post from a little bit above the one you quoted:

Fresh piping hot take:

Wymer sucks. Podkul sucks. Bec sucks. Will McAffer sucks. Vancouver sucks this year and everything is terrible. Contract them and save Rogers the money.

As I write this they're being no-hit thru 5.1 innings

Side note: I want to see McGregory Contreras do well. Because his name is McGregory Contreras and that's awesome. :laugh:

EDIT: ok, apparently according to Fangraphs it's actually Mc Gregory Contreras. With the space between "Mc" and "Gregory". Somehow, that's even better.

Last edited:

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
I was only saying he sucked because through the first 6 innings nobody had a hit. Or a walk for that matter. So this being my first chance to see any of them, I came to the very reasonable, and very rational conclusion that they all must suck since I had seen all of them suck in 100% of my viewings of them. :sarcasm:

The original post from a little bit above the one you quoted:

Side note: I want to see McGregory Contreras do well. Because his name is McGregory Contreras and that's awesome. :laugh:

EDIT: ok, apparently according to Fangraphs it's actually Mc Gregory Contreras. With the space between "Mc" and "Gregory". Somehow, that's even better.

Especially if you read it EmCee Gregory

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I really do think something was wrong with him physically as well as with Grichuk that appeared to have been deliberately ignored by coaching in April. I think there needs to be a clean sweep of the Jays coaching because this negligence has been going on for a while and as long as it continues, the team is going to go nowhere.

Much more likely to be (in the case of Travis) missing significant PA's in each of the last two years (baseball is hard...its harder without reps), and (in the case of Grichuk) a typical cold streak in April\May (he's slashed .183\.257\.354 in April over his career).

But yeah, derpa der, negligence, and other loud noises.

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
Much more likely to be (in the case of Travis) missing significant PA's in each of the last two years (baseball is hard...its harder without reps), and (in the case of Grichuk) a typical cold streak in April\May (he's slashed .183\.257\.354 in April over his career).

But yeah, derpa der, negligence, and other loud noises.

This LOL.

Guys go on cold (and hot) streaks all the time. Welcome to baseball. With Grichuk, it just happened to be at the very start of the season, which is actually kind of a regular thing for him and is basically the opposite of Pillar's yearly "holy shit he's an elite hitter" early season trend. The sad part was the amount of people who seriously wanted to give up on a 26 year old league average or better hitter after a ~20 game sample of hitting that would basically qualify him as the worst hitter of all time....because obviously everyone knows that 20 games of at-bats means that you will continue to hit at that level for the remaining 140 games, even when past history dictates otherwise.

Reactions: phillipmike
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad