OT: The Visitors' Guide to Philadelphia (Pt. 2), recommendations, etc.; Flyers' books, DVDs

Stop the Madness

Nov 27, 2017
Crab Fries sound AMAZING. I'll definitely be getting some of those. I guess I'll just need a proper meal pre-game.

Like some have said. Insanely overpriced.

Crab fries are basically fries with old bay. Nothing terribly special but they are good

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Like some have said. Insanely overpriced.

Crab fries are basically fries with old bay. Nothing terribly special but they are good
I ended up skipping them for a cheesesteak because it was more filling. I ended up with a coat sleeve full of chopped onion that I kept shaking out all game. I love onion but man that was like five pounds of it, pouring everywhere with each bite!

Reactions: Stop the Madness

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Crab fries are the most overrated thing ever, and made the whole half of the stadium concourse stink like a boat.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Crab fries are the most overrated thing ever, and made the whole half of the stadium concourse stink like a boat.
giphy.webp

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
He's right though? They're fine. Just fine. No more, no less.

Would kill for some fresh-cut boardwalk fries dressed in apple cider vinegar instead.

I was going to reason with you, but then you doubled down with a boardwalk fries take. The cheese sauce dunks all over boardwalk fries.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
I feel like John’s has a great cheesesteak but is a little overrated...not a fan of the string onions and had too much black pepper a few times I had it.

For me Steve’s is the best when it’s on point. Joe’s would be a tie or close second and is more consistent than Steve’s. Then Cafe Carmella is a recent cheesesteak I tried that rounds out my top 3 (sarcones roll, cooper sharp, quality meat). John’s would be a close #4 and I need to try Angelos.

It’s splitting hairs when you get into the top cheesesteaks but that’s my current feelings on the best cheesesteaks in Philly.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I feel like John’s has a great cheesesteak but is a little overrated...not a fan of the string onions and had too much black pepper a few times I had it.

For me Steve’s is the best when it’s on point. Joe’s would be a tie or close second and is more consistent than Steve’s. Then Cafe Carmella is a recent cheesesteak I tried that rounds out my top 3 (sarcones roll, cooper sharp, quality meat). John’s would be a close #4 and I need to try Angelos.

It’s splitting hairs when you get into the top cheesesteaks but that’s my current feelings on the best cheesesteaks in Philly.

When I lived in DC a friend of mine used to rave about Steve's but I never tried it. Last time I was in Philly a couple years ago I finally tried it (the one somewhere in NE Philly) and it was excellent. As good as any cheesesteak I ever tried. I got a hoagie to take home with me and that was excellent too.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Any fellow flyer fans have advice on which parking to use at phi airport for a 2 week trip?

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
He's right though? They're fine. Just fine. No more, no less.

Would kill for some fresh-cut boardwalk fries dressed in apple cider vinegar instead.
Apple cider vinegar is for 'Que. Malt vinegar is what is put on fries.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Last I checked, the economy lot was closed due to COVID reducing the amount of customers. So I’d suggest taking a cab/Uber instead of parking at the airport.

Do u know if the park and fly or other shuttles are running i live 3 hours away cab/ Uber is not an option

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Hey guys. I know this is probably asked of you all 20 times a week. Going to Philly for work, and is there any consensus on which of Pats and Genos is better? Figure I ask you
Philly locals. I understand they are both known to be tourist traps - but I’d still like to try one just to get that experience.

Last edited:

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Hey guys. I know this is probably asked of you all 20 times a week. Going to Philly for work, and is there any consensus on which of Pats and Genos is better? Figure I ask you
Philly locals. I understand they are both known to be tourist traps - but I’d still like to try one just to get that experience.

Why? I lived in the area for like 20 years and never cared to try either.

So many good sandwich shops around. Save some money and treat yourself to better food

Reactions: AllAbout813

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad