The Visitor's Guide to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Oh wow, so glad this thread exists. Going to Boston in April for PAX, this is like the most helpful thread ever.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
?

If you are in Woburn already theres a train that goes to North Station from the Anderson Regional Transportation Center (aka RTC).

Theres also a bus line that goes into the city as well as many private companies that run vans/livery services from Anderson. Not sure what part of Woburn you are staying in, but Anderson is on the north side of town.

Thanks, looks like i am only a few minutes away from RTC. Do you know if they run more outbound trains after the game? or just the regular weekday schedule.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Going to tomorrow night's game against the Sens. Quick question, i will be in Woburn before the game what is the better option. Drive to the Lowell station and take the train in or just drive in? On the MTA site it lists the only outbound trains after 9 at 9:40, 10:40, and 12:00, do they run additional trains after games.

Drive in, the commuter rail is a ripoff.

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Where is the best place to eat around the BCEC?

You are near the waterfront so there are lots of places to eat. Its a bit of a walk, maybe 10 minutes or so to the water.

Mortons ($$$$) & Legal Test Kitchen ($$-$$$) are two personal faves. The other places are less expensive but nothing is cheap near the water.

Harpoon Brewery is also nearby. The tour is decent and the beer is good (free samples).

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
< New Yorker coming to Boston in peace. I am planning on coming up Memorial Day weekend. We may differ on fandom (Yanks, Rangers, Giants), but I do love the city of Boston. Such an amazing place. Any suggestions on hotels on the cheap? I know that weekend can definitely be very expensive. I'm also planning on going to Fenway (Sox v Rays ... should be a good one) ... any other suggestions for Memorial Day weekend specifically?

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
< New Yorker coming to Boston in peace. I am planning on coming up Memorial Day weekend. We may differ on fandom (Yanks, Rangers, Giants), but I do love the city of Boston. Such an amazing place. Any suggestions on hotels on the cheap? I know that weekend can definitely be very expensive. I'm also planning on going to Fenway (Sox v Rays ... should be a good one) ... any other suggestions for Memorial Day weekend specifically?

Many folks head out of town on memorial day weekend to either the cape or points north (VT, NH, ME, etc). Its the "opening" weekend for many that have summer homes or 2nd homes on the water or in the woods, as the weather starts to get nice around then and the kids are pretty much out of school. The city will be relatively quiet as all the college kids have gone home by then, so things will be a bit less crowded (except for Fenway around game times).

No real hotels on the cheap. Parking is the biggest issue if you stay within the city itself. You could also stay in the suburbs and drive in/park for the day or take public transportation. You should figure that out first before you choose where to stay, as much is dependent on that.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Or, drive to Charlestown. Park in the Shopping Plaza lot (near Rutherford Avenue and Bunker Hill CC. Have a bite to eat at the 99. It has a SHUTTLE TO THE GAME AND RETURN, FREE.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Where is the best place to eat around the BCEC?

Where are you staying?

Delfrisco's, Morton's, Legal Seafood, Strega, Jerry Remy's

opentable.com is great because you can view all the places in the area and view the menu before making a reservation.

You're only in for the weekend?

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Going shopping for the weekend and just wanted to know if there is any good Bruins memorabilia places near by. Does K-Mart have Bruins stuff, Wal Mart?

Kmart probably does, as does Bobs stores (there is one in Billerica, just north of Burlington).

There is also a large mall in Burlington. There is a Macys/Sears there where they probably have Bruins stuff.

DevilsHughes86

Dance with the Devil
Mar 6, 2007
Laval
Kmart probably does, as does Bobs stores (there is one in Billerica, just north of Burlington).

There is also a large mall in Burlington. There is a Macys/Sears there where they probably have Bruins stuff.

Thanks for the info Shoe, might be going there on Saturday for a bit of shopping and was planning on picking up some stuff :)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

We have a Kmart? :sarcasm:

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Hey guys, if I was to go to the 99 and get dinner before a game at the 99 in Charlestown... what time should I go? When does the trolley service start?

MAINE-IAC

Feb 12, 2003
southern maine
I am coming into Boston today around noontime. I usually park at oak grove and take the T in. I never have much trouble finding a parking space for a bruins game but today i am afraid it's going to a different story since its during peak work hours. Can someone give me another option in case the lots full. Can you park out on the street?

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
I am coming into Boston today around noontime. I usually park at oak grove and take the T in. I never have much trouble finding a parking space for a bruins game but today i am afraid it's going to a different story since its during peak work hours. Can someone give me another option in case the lots full. Can you park out on the street?

There are parking spots on the access road leading to Oak Grove, but they are not free. You have to pay $5.50 (same as if you parked in the parking lot), but its an honor-type system where there is a large receptacle where you put the money in the slot with your parking spot number on it. If they check the receptacle and there is no cash in the box with your number on it, they come and write you a ticket or tow you.

There is also a private parking lot across the small bridge but I do not think its monitored by an attendant (its a monthly pass sort of deal).

You could try Malden Center which is the next stop after Oak Grove, but you may have similar results.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad