OT: The Visitors' Guide to Philadelphia (Pt. 2), recommendations, etc.; Flyers' books, DVDs

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I haven't seen any details/recommendations about the food and drink on site at Wells Fargo. Since we're coming in from
Lansdale I don't know if we'll be eating beforehand or at the arena and would like to know what the best options are. I sure as hell hope it's better than the overpriced dog**** they give out at Sabres games. I've gotten better food at a 7-11.

Shake Shack is a pretty good burger. Lorenzo's and their giant pizza is pretty good. As always you can get Chickie's.

As mentioned before it's over priced but it's at least decent food if you use those options. If you go the standard stands you'll probably get the same stuff as Buffalo.

19CPX018-COMPLEX-SMALL-30-X-40-CONCOURSE-MAP_Outlines-a57550e9f2.jpg

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Shake Shack is a pretty good burger. Lorenzo's and their giant pizza is pretty good. As always you can get Chickie's.

As mentioned before it's over priced but it's at least decent food if you use those options. If you go the standard stands you'll probably get the same stuff as Buffalo.

19CPX018-COMPLEX-SMALL-30-X-40-CONCOURSE-MAP_Outlines-a57550e9f2.jpg
Crab Fries sound AMAZING. I'll definitely be getting some of those. I guess I'll just need a proper meal pre-game.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Crab Fries sound AMAZING. I'll definitely be getting some of those. I guess I'll just need a proper meal pre-game.

They have a restaurant in the stadium, Cadillac Grille, but you need to be a member there to gain access. I'm not sure if they sell one game passes though as I haven't been there since my dad had club level seats in the early 00's.

The Center City Club also has some "real" food but those tickets are quite pricey.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
They have a restaurant in the stadium, Cadillac Grille, but you need to be a member there to gain access. I'm not sure if they sell one game passes though as I haven't been there since my dad had club level seats in the early 00's.

The Center City Club also has some "real" food but those tickets are quite pricey.
When I say "proper meal", I'm talking a cheesesteak or something else meat-related. I'm not that fancy a man. Plus I probably shouldn't mix seafood and alcohol despite C&P having some very tempting main courses on the menu. I had a VERY bad experience with throwing up a $40 seafood dinner once after drinking.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

Crab fries are both good and overrated at the same time. Way too expensive for what they are, but something you should get at least once.

Reactions: Amorgus

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
When I say "proper meal", I'm talking a cheesesteak or something else meat-related. I'm not that fancy a man. Plus I probably shouldn't mix seafood and alcohol despite C&P having some very tempting main courses on the menu. I had a VERY bad experience with throwing up a $40 seafood dinner once after drinking.
I'd recommend checking out John's Roast Pork on Snyder Ave in south Philly before the game if you are driving. They're open daily til 7pm now and it's 5 minutes to the stadium from there. Plus they have the best cheese steak in the city in my opinion. Perfect pregame meal.

b10

Jan 26, 2012
Does anybody know exactly how early the WFC lots open for tailgating? Trying to plan a group party accordingly.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Does anybody know exactly how early the WFC lots open for tailgating? Trying to plan a group party accordingly.

Earliest I’ve gotten into the lot this year was two hours before puck drop. Lot was open then. Don’t know how much earlier than that they open.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@Hollywood Couturier

A friend is going to a Flyers game and wants to know if it is hard to get a picture with Gritty. Any suggestions?

So... it is pretty hard actually for adults from what I have heard. He's kind of a jerk all things considered now. He's big time.

If you catch him walking in the concourse in between periods you can probably take a selfie with him.

Every day is different but at least that's been what i've noticed and heard.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@Hollywood Couturier
@PHILOUDELPHIA
(MSE added the two names above)

My Chicago friend is going to tonight's game with Tampa

As was mentioned earlier she wants a pic with Gritty ( doesn't everybody? ) but I think (actually I know) she is underestimating Center City traffic.

She is driving up from Baltimore and before the game, she plans on attending a Mass at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul ( 18th Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway) at 5:15 pm and Google is saying it is a TEN MINUTE drive to Wells Fargo. :rolleyes:

I am suggesting she park by the church and then walk to Race/Vine Station and take the Broad Street Line to the sports complex.

She has already bought a parking spot

81693023_3083120948384495_6075911017550839808_n.jpg

I am a Bostonian but I have a good working knowledge of Philly and I think she is cutting things too close. I am recommending SEPTA only because it is a straight shot.

What do you guys think?

BTW I will be there on Monday and the CBS station in Boston says this is the best cheesesteak in Philly - what say you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@Hollywood Couturier
@PHILOUDELPHIA
(MSE added the two names above)

My Chicago friend is going to tonight's game with Tampa

As was mentioned earlier she wants a pic with Gritty ( doesn't everybody? ) but I think (actually I know) she is underestimating Center City traffic.

She is driving up from Baltimore and before the game, she plans on attending a Mass at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul ( 18th Street & Benjamin Franklin Parkway) at 5:15 pm and Google is saying it is a TEN MINUTE drive to Wells Fargo. :rolleyes:

I am suggesting she park by the church and then walk to Race/Vine Station and take the Broad Street Line to the sports complex.

She has already bought a parking spot

81693023_3083120948384495_6075911017550839808_n.jpg

I am a Bostonian but I have a good working knowledge of Philly and I think she is cutting things too close. I am recommending SEPTA only because it is a straight shot.

What do you guys think?

BTW I will be there on Monday and the CBS station in Boston says this is the best cheesesteak in Philly - what say you guys?

So... I don’t think that she’ll be that late or late at all assuming that the service is around an hour.

Weekends are a different beast than weekdays in the city so I think she’ll be fine in terms of getting to the arena area for game time. Whether she’ll get in parking and through security is another question.

I know it’s sacrilegious but she might want to leave the service a couple minutes early just to be safe.

She can get from the parkway onto 95 or the Schuylkill fairly easy from St. Peter and Paul area.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad