OT: The Visitors' Guide to Philadelphia (Pt. 2), recommendations, etc.; Flyers' books, DVDs

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Habs fan from MTL,

Just came back from Philly over the weekend to watch the Phillies Friday & Saturday (annual baseball summer trip in different cities with my friends).

Let me tell you something...WOW! Your city is beautiful (not only the stadiums area). I’m glad I was able to go there.

Cheers!

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Hey Im going to the Phillies game with my brother on July 14th to get the Ryan Howard bobblehead and other souvenirs from the stadium. Afterwards were'going to the Extreme Rules WWE PPV at Wells Fargo Center. Are we allowed to bring drawstring bags into the arena? Or is there a locker area to store bags before passing security? I read up on the website about the Wells Fargo bag policy but I figured I would get some clarification from Philly fans who go there regularly.

Any help is appreciated.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Hey Im going to the Phillies game with my brother on July 14th to get the Ryan Howard bobblehead and other souvenirs from the stadium. Afterwards were'going to the Extreme Rules WWE PPV at Wells Fargo Center. Are we allowed to bring drawstring bags into the arena? Or is there a locker area to store bags before passing security? I read up on the website about the Wells Fargo bag policy but I figured I would get some clarification from Philly fans who go there regularly.

Any help is appreciated.

Until someone can answer directly, an option is to contact the facility directly via this link:

Contact Us | Wells Fargo Center

Main number: (215) 336-3600

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Any help is appreciated.

A draw string bag should be fine, although I think they did tweak the bag policy during this past season and i'm not sure where it stands currently though.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Hey guys I’m going to the Gold Cup quarterfinal at the Linc on Sunday. Some of my group going is driving in from Jersey. Any estimate on what parking near the stadium runs you on game days? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Hey guys I’m going to the Gold Cup quarterfinal at the Linc on Sunday. Some of my group going is driving in from Jersey. Any estimate on what parking near the stadium runs you on game days? Any advice would be much appreciated.

For Eagles games it’s usually $50, I believe, for the official lots.

For the Flyers, it’s $20-$25.

So probably somewhere in between.

Last edited:

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Hey guys! Blues fan here in peace!

Just wanted to come by and say thank you for all of the support during our Cup run.

If I ever make to Philly some time, I’m gonna swing by that infamous bar and knock back a few and buy some swag.

Cheers!

Go Eagles!

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Hey guys! Blues fan here in peace!

Just wanted to come by and say thank you for all of the support during our Cup run.

If I ever make to Philly some time, I’m gonna swing by that infamous bar and knock back a few and buy some swag.

Cheers!

Go Eagles!

Where you from, I'm in STL alot with my job in hazelwood.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
What does that mean? Do you get to just take naps all day while the truck drives itself?

TuSimple and Pima Community College launch first-ever AV certificate program for truck drivers - FreightWaves

It means I'd be at there office or operating center, controlling the truck.

The reason im doing this, if robots take over, ill be needing a job. So them still needing drivers is good but being the 1st to learn it, means ill have first dibs at the job buffet.

Infact I had the director and CEO on LinkedIn message me, they said once you complete the course, ill be offered a job immediately.

Also if robots fail, I can return to driving like I have been for 10 yrs.

Win win for me.

But this new job is home daily and better pay

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
TuSimple and Pima Community College launch first-ever AV certificate program for truck drivers - FreightWaves

It means I'd be at there office or operating center, controlling the truck.

The reason im doing this, if robots take over, ill be needing a job. So them still needing drivers is good but being the 1st to learn it, means ill have first dibs at the job buffet.

Infact I had the director and CEO on LinkedIn message me, they said once you complete the course, ill be offered a job immediately.

Also if robots fail, I can return to driving like I have been for 10 yrs.

Win win for me.

But this new job is home daily and better pay

Sounds like a solid plan Lou. Good luck dude.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Sounds like a solid plan Lou. Good luck dude.

This course is even created yet, that's how new and groundbreaking it is.

It starts September, enrollment August, August is when prices will be announced

5 classes 12 credits total.

1 class I was able to do now 1 credit.

So they will waive this course or credit me 1 class 1 credit. 4 to go 11 credits lol.

I'm ahead for once

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I am going to the Red Bulls / Union playoff game next Sunday. Has anyone taken public transportation from Philly to Talen Energy Stadium in Chester (or just to Chester in general)? I'm living in Old City and won't have my car that weekend. It looks like an absolute pain in the ass to get to TES from here. Is there anything that I am missing? I can imagine that an Uber will be expensive.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I am going to the Red Bulls / Union playoff game next Sunday. Has anyone taken public transportation from Philly to Talen Energy Stadium in Chester (or just to Chester in general)? I'm living in Old City and won't have my car that weekend. It looks like an absolute pain in the ass to get to TES from here. Is there anything that I am missing? I can imagine that an Uber will be expensive.

The septa Wilmington line goes to Chester TC. I'm not sure how far of a walk it is to the stadium, but uber would be very cheap.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

No, you're not missing anything. It's a giant pain the in the ass.

Sorry I don't have anything really specific to add, but just from what I've picked up from seeing others talk about it, the suggestion is to pay for the Uber and skip the train. The train schedule is not synced up to the Union match time and also isn't in the best area.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017

Great to see the old barn looking shiny and new.

If you're in the area, it should be a fun event.

70727717_10157491947015883_5613330657380925440_n.jpg

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Habs fan from MTL,

Just came back from Philly over the weekend to watch the Phillies Friday & Saturday (annual baseball summer trip in different cities with my friends).

Let me tell you something...WOW! Your city is beautiful (not only the stadiums area). I’m glad I was able to go there.

Cheers!

@Bostonzamboni That was a late like on my post haha. All good, it bring great memories. :snide:

TK11

Oct 5, 2017
Germany
Die hard Flyers Fan from Germany here :cool:

Going to Philly for the first time to attend the Penguins Game on January 21st. We gonna celebrate my birthday and want to take a stop at the Broad Street Bullies Pub before the Game starts, do we have to reserve a table or is it possible to get a table without reservation if we arrive about 4 hours before the game starts?

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Die hard Flyers Fan from Germany here :cool:

Going to Philly for the first time to attend the Penguins Game on January 21st. We gonna celebrate my birthday and want to take a stop at the Broad Street Bullies Pub before the Game starts, do we have to reserve a table or is it possible to get a table without reservation if we arrive about 4 hours before the game starts?

Broad Street Bullies Pub - Xfinity Live! - Philadelphia, PA on OpenTable

Make the reservation.

Trust me.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I haven't seen any details/recommendations about the food and drink on site at Wells Fargo. Since we're coming in from
Lansdale I don't know if we'll be eating beforehand or at the arena and would like to know what the best options are. I sure as hell hope it's better than the overpriced dogshit they give out at Sabres games. I've gotten better food at a 7-11.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I haven't seen any details/recommendations about the food and drink on site at Wells Fargo. Since we're coming in from
Lansdale I don't know if we'll be eating beforehand or at the arena and would like to know what the best options are. I sure as hell hope it's better than the overpriced dog**** they give out at Sabres games. I've gotten better food at a 7-11.

It’s definitely overpriced, but there’s some decent options now if you wander around. Not exactly the best health food, but there’s a reasonable amount of options - especially with the renovations downstairs.

I usually go to chickies and Pete’s before the games which has pretty standard bar food along with some decent shellfish. Pretty damn good crabs.

I can give you some options in center city as well if you start out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad