The Virtual NHL

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Let’s just say that you play five minute periods. So a game in total would be twenty minutes.

20 X 1,271 = 25,420 minutes

25,420 minutes / 60 minutes = 410 hours

410 hours / 24 hours = 17.1 full days

Maybe it is just me and I am not too into video games but this just seems rediculous to do.

Reactions: ledzeppelinfan1

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
No offense, but I don't know why I'd care to tune into some dude playing NHL.

I can just play it myself if I want.

Reactions: ledzeppelinfan1

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
Let’s just say that you play five minute periods. So a game in total would be twenty minutes.

20 X 1,271 = 25,420 minutes

25,420 minutes / 60 minutes = 410 hours

410 hours / 24 hours = 17.1 full days

Maybe it is just me and I am not too into video games but this just seems rediculous to do.

The first part I totally agree with. How can one debate numbers afterall, right? Whether the task is ridiculous or not is purely opinion through the eyes of any individual beholder, as with all things at all times.

Here are some things that may clear some confusion up for you, however.

I'm actually going to be using 7 minute periods for great statistical accuracy. So your projections are just 71 percent of the actual game play time. Sounds worse, huh?

How about when I tell you that I work 67 hours a week and have 6 kids. Sounds completely f***ed now, doesn't it? lol

Tell me if it changes when I tell you that my job may be the easiest job in the world. Out of 67 hours, I maybe actually work about 15 hours. The rest is mine to do with as I please, so long as I stay on premises. Also, what if I told you that at work, I have my own bedroom with a TV and after 8pm there is absolutely nothing going on...ever. I'm not at liberty to talk about my job any more specifically than what I already have, so don't bother asking.

Anyways, couple that with the fact that Im a night owl then this just got way easier.

The validity of this whole thing as a worthy expenditure of time comes down to someones interest in what I'm doing and then moves onto the perception of my opportunity for executing this endeavor. So for me personally, I have ample amounts of both...I'm fascinated by the idea and have all the time in the world to do it. Time with which I've grown bored of sitting around watching TV or YouTube or whatever.

Now, whether or not you personally or the other guy are interested is erroneous to me as an individual, especially as the producer. Why would I focus my thoughts on those who care not a bit about this? What kind of personal attitude would that be to live with? I usually wont even respond to negative comments, but I'm rather inclined tonight and still waiting for the game...so being stuck in a holding pattern has given me this opportunity to address you.

Additionally and of most importance, really, is the fact that you could hate this more than anything, but it doesn't change the fact that people watch theses things by the thousands and often times those who say it sounds stupid, end up loving it when they see what I'm all about. Can't tell you how many times that's happened.

So then, since I've gone that far, I'll go further while I'm feeling inspired and tell you (and the others who are quietly observing) exactly what interests me about this whole thing specifically.

I've been playing these games since NHLPA...way back in the day. So that's a long time doing basically the same thing year to year. Playing as one team game after game after game. Sometime around 2003 I stumbled onto the idea of documenting your franchise in a forum. It was the 2khockey.net days actually...when EA's game was a total disgrace for about 5 years.

For me, personally, doing franchise blogging as a hobby brought my gaming experience more to life. It added the immersion that these games don't always deliver they way they could. Now with the advance in technology, that can be taken to a whole new level.

So with this, playing all the games on the schedule, the big hook in my mouth is the overwhelming curiousity to see how the whole league shakes out when the games are played.

Are the best players the best players?

Are the best teams the best teams?

I love that I'm never the same team twice in a row. Anyways, I could go on but I'm pretty sure I've said more than enough already. While being very direct with you, its just how I am, I have no ill will or anything like that. So please don't take me harshly.

Cheers!!!

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
The first part I totally agree with. How can one debate numbers afterall, right? Whether the task is ridiculous or not is purely opinion through the eyes of any individual beholder, as with all things at all times.

Here are some things that may clear some confusion up for you, however.

I'm actually going to be using 7 minute periods for great statistical accuracy. So your projections are just 71 percent of the actual game play time. Sounds worse, huh?

How about when I tell you that I work 67 hours a week and have 6 kids. Sounds completely f***ed now, doesn't it? lol

Tell me if it changes when I tell you that my job may be the easiest job in the world. Out of 67 hours, I maybe actually work about 15 hours. The rest is mine to do with as I please, so long as I stay on premises. Also, what if I told you that at work, I have my own bedroom with a TV and after 8pm there is absolutely nothing going on...ever. I'm not at liberty to talk about my job any more specifically than what I already have, so don't bother asking.

Anyways, couple that with the fact that Im a night owl then this just got way easier.

The validity of this whole thing as a worthy expenditure of time comes down to someones interest in what I'm doing and then moves onto the perception of my opportunity for executing this endeavor. So for me personally, I have ample amounts of both...I'm fascinated by the idea and have all the time in the world to do it. Time with which I've grown bored of sitting around watching TV or YouTube or whatever.

Now, whether or not you personally or the other guy are interested is erroneous to me as an individual, especially as the producer. Why would I focus my thoughts on those who care not a bit about this? What kind of personal attitude would that be to live with? I usually wont even respond to negative comments, but I'm rather inclined tonight and still waiting for the game...so being stuck in a holding pattern has given me this opportunity to address you.

Additionally and of most importance, really, is the fact that you could hate this more than anything, but it doesn't change the fact that people watch theses things by the thousands and often times those who say it sounds stupid, end up loving it when they see what I'm all about. Can't tell you how many times that's happened.

So then, since I've gone that far, I'll go further while I'm feeling inspired and tell you (and the others who are quietly observing) exactly what interests me about this whole thing specifically.

I've been playing these games since NHLPA...way back in the day. So that's a long time doing basically the same thing year to year. Playing as one team game after game after game. Sometime around 2003 I stumbled onto the idea of documenting your franchise in a forum. It was the 2khockey.net days actually...when EA's game was a total disgrace for about 5 years.

For me, personally, doing franchise blogging as a hobby brought my gaming experience more to life. It added the immersion that these games don't always deliver they way they could. Now with the advance in technology, that can be taken to a whole new level.

So with this, playing all the games on the schedule, the big hook in my mouth is the overwhelming curiousity to see how the whole league shakes out when the games are played.

Are the best players the best players?

Are the best teams the best teams?

I love that I'm never the same team twice in a row. Anyways, I could go on but I'm pretty sure I've said more than enough already. While being very direct with you, its just how I am, I have no ill will or anything like that. So please don't take me harshly.

Cheers!!!

Good for you that you can manage to play this game as much as you can. Not going to lie but I am kinda jealous. I work 48 hours a week (four shifts of twelve hours), have only one kid, go to the gym almost every day off, run a side online business, play hockey in the winter and baseball in the summer and take my son to his karate twice a week when I am off work.

I apologize if I was knocking you on how much time you would dedicate. I just have a life where I am always at work (work in an emergency department at a hospital) or I am on the go pretty much every day. I rarely have much downtime.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA

Is this company hiring?:naughty:

Reactions: Patrik Barkov

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
Please get on board as this is going to be starting probably sooner than the original date of 9-23-18

Yes, I will finish this, btw.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This sounds wildly crazy and I;m kind of jealous you are able to do it. i will be following.

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
Opening Night

Enjoy as Toronto and Montreal kick this expedition off!!!

Sorry for my awkward comments lol Im learning. ha

ledzeppelinfan1

Feb 26, 2010
OK...going forward with the same season, but only now playing as PIT, TOR, EDM, and STL. So about 300 games instead of over 1200. Huge difference plus these are my favorite squads.

Hope you guys enjoy.

EDM @BOS
VGK @ PIT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->