The Utica Comets | 2020-2021 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
God damn computer won't let me access the internet. I'm gonna miss this game. Hopefully I can watch the replay.
Bone had a fabulous first period. Yes, he’s really good skater, and has a lot of skill, but he’s really REALLY smart away from the puck. Very impressed with his defensive play. He’s strong on his skates too.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Bone had a fabulous first period. Yes, he’s really good skater, and has a lot of skill, but he’s really REALLY smart away from the puck. Very impressed with his defensive play. He’s strong on his skates too.

Glad he's finally playing....but damn I wish he could have made his pro debut with the Canucks......would be nice to see Hoglander, Rathbone and maybe Juolevi making contributions....something to look forward to in an otherwise dismal season.

Reactions: Luckylarry

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
John Stevens has 2 goals for Comets so far in a 2-2 tie with a little under 5 minutes to go in the 2nd period. Rathbone got his first pro point, assisting on one of them, while Lockwood assisted on the other.

Reactions: supercanuck

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
On a delay but Rathbone does not look long for the AHL, he and Woo as a pairing look a tier above

It would be something to cheer for as the season progresses, if Rathbone and Woo form an effective partnership.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Its almost like you can tell an NHL talent by the sound of them handling the puck, some of these minor leaguers do not have a deft touch, same sound you hear in a junior game usually
In Doug Beardsley's Country On Ice, someone (I can't remember who) was quoted as saying Gretzky's skating sounded different than other players -- more of a "snick" than a "scrunch."

Reactions: Hansen

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Glad he's finally playing....but damn I wish he could have made his pro debut with the Canucks......would be nice to see Hoglander, Rathbone and maybe Juolevi making contributions....something to look forward to in an otherwise dismal season.
THOse three guys will all be on the big club next season.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
2 primary assists for Rathbone in like 25 seconds there. One PP set up to Baertschi and the first shift after he says hes not done and makes a great play to put it on Gadjovichs plate in the crease

Reactions: bh53

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
I guess keeping Rathbone up to learn from the NHL teammates and coaches has paid dividends for his debut in Utica. Jim Benning is a total genius.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Jeez Rathbone with 3 assists in his first pro game? Gadjovich with 6 goals already?

Comets fans are talking about surviving and the rooks are lighting it up. o_O

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Fantastic to see Rathbone arrive with 3 apples in his pro debut. Keep it coming!

It reminds me of the time Hansen was sent down to Manitoba (I think), scored a hat trick in his first game, and was immediately recalled. At least that's how I remember it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->