The Utica Comets | 2020-2021 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
J Stevens stole a puck out of a scrum on the RW boards where Joshua was battling 2 Amerks and got in clean but missed the net.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Eliot one timer stopped and then an Eliot wrister doesn't get through.
N. Stevens did a good job of carrying the puck in and then ragged the puck until he found an open pass. He is becoming much more noticeable with each game.

He's not getting a lot of help from Jasek or Walker. Lockwood is in the same shape with Focht and Gadjovich.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
The game thus far has been a lot of skating back and forth but no one is mounting any extended pressure.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Baertschi got 2 shots on net from behind the goal line. Lind couldn't handle the rebound off the 2nd one.

Amerks come back and hit the post.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Nolan Stevens picks off a pass in the neutral zone and broke in with Jasek and he was bumped just as he shot and disrupted the power on the shot. Luke holds it.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets to the PP with 2:47 to go in the 1st.

Anas drives right towards the net off the right side and hits the post.

Comets controlled the action when in possession, but a lot of board scrums burned off lots of clock.

PP comes up empty.

In the final seconds the Amerks missed a tap in that would have put them on the board.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
That does it for Period 1

0-0

SOG:
Comets - 14
Amerks - 6

The Comets shots were not all that challenging so the SOG are misleading, though the Comets did control a lot of the action . When it came to the finish they just weren't there. I don't think Luke made any game stoppers. The best chance was John Stevens walking in all alone and not putting it in the net.

The Amerks hit 2 posts and missed that sure goal at the end of the period.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Rathbone should step in for Wesley.

The way the COVID rules go he should easily be ready for the Comets next game which doesn't come for 8 days, next Friday, Feb 26th. As long as he left Vancouver with a negative test and posts another negative when he arrives, quarantines for 3 days and if on the 4th day tests negative, he's free to play.

He has been skating in Vancouver, but he needs to get game ready in a few practices which the Comets will have.

Cull is not fine with a back to back on Wednesday/Thursday when there are so many off days between now and May 14th, with a 32-game schedule.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Period 2 is under way.

The Jasek line applying heavy pressure.

Puck is cleared out and the Comets bring it back in the person of Anas and Luke flashes leather with a great glove save.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Now Baertschi gets a weak call when he was the player actually fouled. Oh, well. Have to kill it.

Gilles stops a tip. Lockwood gets a chance shorthanded but it's stopped.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Gillies a great save after a point pass connects with a guy on the doorstep. Gillies came up big.

Comets kill it off.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Tide is turning. More pressure by the Amerks. Comets ice the puck 2 times in a row.

Now a shot deflects out of play.

TV TO 9:36 to go.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
The Distillery ad on the Amerks feed. It's a redone Bar (used to be "The Highland Grill" and includes the business (or more than one) that was next door. I know exactly where it is. It is across the street, through a grocery store parking lot and about 10 houses up the street to the house my parents bought when I was 12. Lived there until I married and came to the Utica area. My brother who lives in a Rochester suburb (Henrietta) just talked to me about this bar/restaurant 2 days ago in a phone call as i asked him how the old neighborhood is doing. He said it's a very popular spot in the city right now. The Highland was a neighborhood bar. Actually, kind of a dump.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets to the PP.
Focht to Santini at the middle of the blue line, he shoots and ................SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 Comets

33 seconds into the PP.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Now, it's 4 on 4 as Joshua and Pekar get into it and both get 2.

Huge chance for Lind on a onetimer from the slot and Luke eats it up sliding out on his knees. Lind looks to the heavens. Don't know why. He shot it directly into the center of the net, 6 hole for Luke.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets goal has been given to Jasek who must have gotten a stick on the shot from Santini.

Jasek from Santini and Focht. That's his 1st of the season.

Woo breaks up a good passing play.

One timer after a turnover outside the Comets blueline. C.J. got a pass down low in the circle and fired a onetimer and Gillies was huge again.

Last edited:
Reactions: JanBulisPiggyBack

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Rochester pressuring once again.

Anas got in with Baertschi. Baertschi shot and Anas shot the rebound.
Baertschi is arguing it went in under the crossbar. The refs won't check the replay. Cull is fighting with them now. It's done with.
The American Hockey League refs are very reluctant to check the cameras to see if a puck actually crossed the line. I can't figure out how their egos would be bent if they discovered a shot had actually gone in. The ref behind the net could easily have missed it since it was a wicked shot from the doorstep with traffic all around that could easily have gone in and out in a flash. This concept is proven all the time in the NHL when they check on contested goals.

Lind goes for slashing after the Amerks turned up ice while the argument was going on behind the play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->