The Utica Comets | Final Thread | THANK YOU, UTICA!

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Have you ever seen a cat chase the laser dot? It's what the Comets look like in their own zone.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets tipping the ice just a bit.

Comets D can't seem to understand you don't take point shots when there is a guy between you and your target. Block and breakout after block and breakout.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Houser a huge save on Anas. Another save on Staios and Anas on the rebound deflected over the glass.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Teves had 2 open guys and instead tried some goofy push pass up the middle all the way down the ice for icing, WTF?

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets called for tripping. McGing clearly too far behind and reaches out with his stick and disrupts the rush with a trip. Not a good penalty. Comets have been stretching their luck to a very fine line with penalties against the AHL's #2 PP team.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
From the draw and Fitz makes a big stop and holds on.

Comets lose the next draw.

Comets a chance to clear and 2 whiff on it and an Amerk instead whips a shot short side from the bottom of the circle and Fitz trhe save.

Lose the next draw and the puck deflects out.

Big shot wide and out of the zone.

Amerks back in and a big shjot and it was blocked and cleared.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
3 on 1 Comets and again Jasek doesn't pass and shoots directly at Houser.

Penalty coming to the Amerks.

PP for the Comets. Lose the draw and Foligno carries it all the way up 1 on 3. N. Stevens lets fly from the right dot and Houser holds on.

Amerks steal and bring it up to the Amerks end and then pass it all the way back and then clear all the way down again. Great time killing by the Amerks

Comets pass picked and sent down.

Anas shot stopped and Baertschi is robbed on the doorstep.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets lose the draw. Pass to the point slips out of the zone.

2 on 1 and maybe Jasek has been shooting because he waits too long to pass as the attempt is blocked and here comes the Amerks and Fitz is called upon to pull a headstand again on a tip.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Goalie is out. 2:50 to go.

Big shot and it goes into the mess but never reaches the net.
Fitz gets to hold it and he does.

Rochester time out. 2:21

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
If you have skill in a Rochester jersey you will be out there.

Comets win the draw and can't get it out. Tucker a chance to clear and doesn't get it out. Comets keep digging for pucks and only the Amerks get it.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets just can't touch the puck and that usually ends up as it just has. Eliot gets 2 for boarding. A really dumb penalty at this stage of the game

6 on 4 for :39 seconds.

Amerks win the draw and a shot is saved. Fitz 2 more big ones. The Comets FINALLY shoot it out softly but all the way down and the Comets have held on thanks to a lot of mucking, Amerks missed chances, and FITZPATRICK standing on his head spinning like a top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a 3-game stretch by the 3 different Comets goalies.

Monday. Joel Hofer shuts out the Syracuse Crunch. Comets win 3-0 with 1 ENG.
Wednesday . Mikey DiPietro loses a shut out in the last minute. Comets win 3-1 with 1 ENG.
Friday. Evan Fitzpatrick with only his 2nd start of the season, the 1st was April 14, and he pitches a shutout. Comets 1-0

One goal against total in 3 games. That's awesome in any kind of hockey. If Mikey had managed to hold on for his shutout, I'd have to think that would have been an AHL record, 3 shutouts in 3 consecutive games by 3 different goalies.

Reactions: m9

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Final Score
Utica Comets 1 Rochester Americans 0

SOG:
Comets - 8 8 11 = 27
Amerks - 9 13 11 = 33

PP:
Comets - 0/3
Amerks - 0/6

McKenzie (5) from Teves (3) and Alexandrov (2)

3 Stars:
1) Evan Fitzpatrick (Utica Comets) 33/33
2) Michael Houser (26/27)
3) Curtis McKenzie (Utica Comets) 1 G

My game time comments tell the story of this one.

Reactions: THRILLHOIAF

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
2 five-minute majors apiece

three shots on goal....

Game was tedious

I hate to be a grammar nanny, but your comment is incorrect. It was 1 5-minute major each. Total of 2 5-minute majors in the game. Your comment would have had each team with 2 5-minute majors and total o f 4 in the game.

You could have made it much clearer with a slight adjustment and then further clarification:

Each team was assessed a 5-minute major at different times in the game. Both teams failed to score on their 5-minute PP and combined for 3 SOG.

Game was tedious.

I can't for the life of me understand why internet communication has to be so short on words or even letters. It's like the modern world has decided it doesn't have 2 seconds to read a complete sentence. No wonder wee have so much misinformation floating around the world. The sender should say exactly what he/she means and not leave the actual meaning of what was stated up to the reader's interpretation. What do you think?

That was MHO, LOL. see what I mean (no capitalization or punctuation) ;)

Reactions: THRILLHOIAF

THRILLHOIAF

Jul 26, 2019
I hate to be a grammar nanny, but your comment is incorrect. It was 1 5-minute major each. Total of 2 5-minute majors in the game. Your comment would have had each team with 2 5-minute majors and total o f 4 in the game.

You could have made it much clearer with a slight adjustment and then further clarification:

Each team was assessed a 5-minute major at different times in the game. Both teams failed to score on their 5-minute PP and combined for 3 SOG.

Game was tedious.

I can't for the life of me understand why internet communication has to be so short on words or even letters. It's like the modern world has decided it doesn't have 2 seconds to read a complete sentence. No wonder wee have so much misinformation floating around the world. The sender should say exactly what he/she means and not leave the actual meaning of what was stated up to the reader's interpretation. What do you think?

That was MHO, LOL. see what I mean (no capitalization or punctuation) ;)

I take it all back, I'm NOT going to miss you

:laugh:

I joke.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Final Score
Utica Comets 1 Rochester Americans 0

SOG:
Comets - 8 8 11 = 27
Amerks - 9 13 11 = 33

PP:
Comets - 0/3
Amerks - 0/6

McKenzie (5) from Teves (3) and Alexandrov (2)

3 Stars:
1) Evan Fitzpatrick (Utica Comets) 33/33
2) Michael Houser (26/27)
3) Curtis McKenzie (Utica Comets) 1 G

My game time comments tell the story of this one.

Thanks for everything, BG. I'm sure all of us who have benefited wish you have more and better prospects to write about in the future.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
5/16/21

Utica Comets at Rochester Americans

Forwards:
Baertschi/J. Stevens/Anas
Alexandrov/Jasek/N. Stevens
McKenzie/Focht/McGing
Arseneau/Cameron/Dickinson

Tucker/Wesley
Staios/Woo
Teves/Eliot