TV: The US Office reboot coming from NBC

Sep 19, 2008
i started watching s1e1 last night lol

i hope they learned their lesson. no michael scott, no watch

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Is Steve Carroll coming back? Because the show stunk after he left.

And I already know he wouldn't.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just let it die. I finished rewatching the show for a fourth time last year and I am satisfied I won't ever watch it again. Though the jokes were amazing at the time, they haven't really aged well, especially the Jim/Dwight ones and constantly staring into the camera after the punch line. On the other hand, Ryan/Kelly and Tobi are simply brilliant.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This isn’t a reboot, it’s a sequel.

I don’t mind that they do it, I’m not as negative to the post-Carrell, but give me a brand new concept around it with brand new characters.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This isn’t a reboot, it’s a sequel.

I don’t mind that they do it, I’m not as negative to the post-Carrell, but give me a brand new concept around it with brand new characters.
Most shows, you really don't want to see the original cast like 15-20 years later do you?

I mean, do you need to see the friends cast in their 50's with kids and whatever Joey would be up to?

I can get the Frasier reboot, but it's just him as he's moved back to Boston to reconnect with his son, in almost a reverse of when he returned to Seattle and reconnected with his dad, though unwillingly. Rest of the old cast not regulars in this.

Then there is remaking shows with new cast. Like Party of Five, Wonder Years, Charmed, etc.

Didn't watch the office, so don't care to catch this. Who is returning?

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad